TESTERS WANTED! ×

Share your Shot/Hole Of The Day!

Sluggo42

So I was hitting the ball good, but my score was horrible. Hole 16 short par 4, 350 ish, but it's a dogleg left with water that can be reached and it's a pretty tight driving area too far left you go in the trees, to far right also into the trees. Well I hit it high off the toe and hit a nice high fade into the trees on the left, the only shot I had was to punch out to the fairway, but my round was done so it really didn't matter. So I look up and there is a hole in the tree about the size of a small car tire, and I thought why not, if I pull it off it's incredible, if not, it's just another lost ball. No big deal. I had 135 to the flag from that angle, but I had to get this thing up high really fast, so I took 9i. Standing in the pine needles, opened up just a little to hopefully get the ball up, and I flushed it, the best contact on the ball all day, and it went exactly where It had to otherwise it's in the water, I knocked it to 12 feet, my putting was atrocious today, but did make par. After I swung, I just started laughing, because there was absolutely nowhere to hit the ball except for the small opening, and I did it. It was the only bright spot of my round today so it was nice

And nobody saw it but you?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

And nobody saw it but you?

No there were 3. The guy riding in my cart who was 15 feet away looking at me saying how are you going to hit it on the green there isnt anywhere up there to hit it, the other 2 were in the fairway. In order to laser the flag I had to get down on my knees to look under the trees. It was one of those shots where you look like a hero if it works, or you look like the biggest idiot if it doesn't. This time it worked.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Went out for a quick nine.

Hole #5 Par 5 516 yds.

Water hazard in front.

Was 100 yards out just to the side of a tree with overhead branches. Played it safe and aimed left to clear the branches and still land it on the green.

Hit the branches and it dropped straight down. ok. now the branches are not in the equation.

52 degree wedge again. Plunk. right in the water. Went over and positioned myself 65 yards from the stick.Plunk. In the water again. Instead of hitting for a GIR, I'm hitting over the water for 8.

My shots of the day.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

So I was hitting the ball good, but my score was horrible. Hole 16 short par 4, 350 ish, but it's a dogleg left with water that can be reached and it's a pretty tight driving area too far left you go in the trees, to far right also into the trees. Well I hit it high off the toe and hit a nice high fade into the trees on the left, the only shot I had was to punch out to the fairway, but my round was done so it really didn't matter. So I look up and there is a hole in the tree about the size of a small car tire, and I thought why not, if I pull it off it's incredible, if not, it's just another lost ball. No big deal. I had 135 to the flag from that angle, but I had to get this thing up high really fast, so I took 9i. Standing in the pine needles, opened up just a little to hopefully get the ball up, and I flushed it, the best contact on the ball all day, and it went exactly where It had to otherwise it's in the water, I knocked it to 12 feet, my putting was atrocious today, but did make par. After I swung, I just started laughing, because there was absolutely nowhere to hit the ball except for the small opening, and I did it. It was the only bright spot of my round today so it was nice

It's amazing how there will always be one bright moment in an otherwise dismal round.

I think it has something to do with the realization that it doesn't matter anymore and all of a sudden, there is peace and relaxation in one's soul

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

5 wood from 195 into a light breeze after a pulled drive and mishit punch out. Flushed it to 8 feet, unfortunately misread the putt. Didn't think I had any chance of getting near a birdie after my tee shot.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Many of you will no doubt know that my approach game stinks, so when I get it right, that usually will turn out to be my "shot-of-the-day".

I was a bit s*** off the tee to begin the round and the par-5 #4 playing at 471 was no exception. Skulled the crap out of it and it dribbled to a pathetic halt about 50-yds away. Hit the 3w nice and solid but was left with around 200 in. Hit 5w low but it ran just past the lip of a greenside bunker and on to the back of the green. Made par. :rolleyes:

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Hit the best drive of the day to 85 yards out, oh oh. Hate that distance, sculled a wedge into the face of greenside bunker. Hacked it out to 2 feet from the pin easy par!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Hit the best drive of the day to 85 yards out, oh oh. Hate that distance, sculled a wedge into the face of greenside bunker. Hacked it out to 2 feet from the pin easy par!

I think that's what they call a "sand save"...Nicely done Rick! My sand play lately has been garbage for some reason, but every now and again I'll do one right.

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Hit a 4 iron 210 with a little draw and hit a 6 iron close to 190 with a little draw.

Been working on a little draw to try to bring my backspin numbers down a bit, thus making the ball go a little further

Hmm, I am racking my brain and struggling to come up with anything.

I almost chipped in 3 times but they were real easy chip and when you only hit 5 greens, you will come close on some chips.

I will go with the flop from 6 feet below the green on 18, to 5 feet to save bogey.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Of late, my scope has been on a draw.

Today I hit some draws, meh. Not much control on them for me other than the driver.

Today's favorite shot was the low trajectory approach shot. Think 3/4 punch with extra club.

Hop and stop.

It's amazing how there will always be one bright moment in an otherwise dismal round.

I think it has something to do with the realization that it doesn't matter anymore and all of a sudden, there is peace and relaxation in one's soul

That's exactly right. After I missed a 6 footer for birdie on 11, then missed the short comebacker, I sort of checked out of the round, and just hit the ball, stopped thinking, and just played, I still sucked on the greens, but I hit some really good shots.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

18th hole, par 5

Solid drive, solid hybrid, then a 40 yard chip to less than a foot.

thats a nice way to end the round.

Par 4 playing at 378. Narrow off the tee so I hit 3w (poorly) centered but short. Hit 5w dead straight (but also short) to the apron 35' away below the pin. Tried a bump-n-run that went long to just on the back fringe...still 30-35' away.

Holed it!

Mic drop…😎

Please call off the Golf Gods...🤫

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

First hole in One ever today. 173 yard Par 3 Forth at Ko’olina Golf Course in Hawaii. Slightly up hill so I pulled a 5 iron. The ball was on the flag from the time it left my club. I thought it would be close but was amazed as it dropped in the cup.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.058abf6d53aff7450e379429ff10fc75.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Wow that is awesome congrats that's an excellent golf course too frame that flag

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

First hole in One ever today. 173 yard Par 3 Forth at Ko’olina Golf Course in Hawaii. Slightly up hill so I pulled a 5 iron. The ball was on the flag from the time it left my club. I thought it would be close but was amazed as it dropped in the cup.

That's a good day there

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Congratulations

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Congratulations! 🏌️‍♂️👏

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Killer stuff! Congrats!!!!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Congrats that's quite an achievement. I've never seen one let alone have one.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

22 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Steddy=Studly!

way to go!!!

Yea-

tuff to follow that one...

212 Hybrid to 10 feet for eagle putt...

Nice thought to take to Maui! Well done 🤙

Tried to cut the corner on a short dog leg par 4

pulled drive into thick rough and blocked out by trees

2 hacks later found the fairway

then 'thinned' a SW 100yds straight into the cup without even bouncing first

easy par 4😋

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Playing with our traveling group the other day and having a miserable day of it, including a few triples. On the last hole, a blind par 5, had a great tee shot, 2 good fairway shots and a chip that landed just a couple of feet away from the pin for a gimme. That par =$7. in skins plus our team won $12. for best score ( that par gave us the win).  

I always hope I have  a good last hole so I can keep coming back. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart