TESTERS WANTED! ×

Share your Shot/Hole Of The Day!

Sluggo42

The Golf Club at Echo Falls

Hole 12 is a 489 yard Par 5.

Crushed the M4 348 yards dead straight.

Followed with an 8i that hit the green 8" from the pin and rolled to 5' with a chance for Eagle.

The putt had stopped on the upside of a hill just behind the pin.

Left my eagle putt 1' short.

But cleaned up for a Birdie.

Could have been one of my best 8i shots I've ever had.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Shot 34 on the front and hit a poor approach shot on 10, short, left in the rough. I had 40 feet, up a false front on to a tier in the green. Hit a beautiful chip into the front, up and ready get up 2 feet short of the hole. The par kept my round moving forward as the back 9 became a take of par saves with lots of holes into the wind until we finally turned down on 17 and 18. Had a great look for birdie on 17 that just missed and a four footer on 18 to finish the round in style.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I was playing in a Ryder Cup format tournament over the weekend and we get to the toughest par 5 on the course.  I drive it 320 yards over water to land it in the middle of the fairway.  Then hit a punch 8i from 142 ,to keep it under the 25 mph wind, back over the water to the picture below.  (I'm on the right.)  We HALVED the hole with eagles.  

20181020_134221.jpg

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

My shot of the day was the first one because the duck hit the water lol.... sorry saw the thread and a smarta$$ comment popped into my head. No golf today probably tomorrow though.

That’s OK I understand

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

IMG_3832.PNG

I told myself while looking where I wanted to land the ball, I wanted to fly the bunker. I actually pulled it off, chipped on and 2 putted for par. This was the best round I've played to date, and just started playing last October. This game has me hooked big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavrik 9* - Graphite Design AD-GP

Epic Flash 3+ 13.5* - Graphite Design AD-GP

XR 16 3 Hybrid 19* - KBS Tour Hybrid Steel

2019 Apex/Apex Pro Smoke 4 - PW - TT Elevate Tour VSS Black

Titliest Jet Black Vokey SM8 50* 54* 58* - Graphite Design Tour AD-75

Toulon H7 Las Vegas - Stroke Lab

Supersoft (winter), Chromesoft, or Pro V1

Played in my first best ball tournament last Friday. My shot of the day was making a 30 foot putt for birdie using Aimpoint. We shot 8 under which is really good considering we had a group of 3 players...me as a 9 hc, friend as a 14 hc and random guy as 22 hc. We made tons of putts over 12 feet for birdie using Aimpoint I taught them all how to do it. It was the most fun I have had on the golf course in a long time. I missed the long drive by 4 yards thanks TrueGolfFit!!! One Length irons performed great thanks Cobra Golf!!!! I feel like if I can find a protractor I might be Bryson for halloween!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

3 minutes ago, GeekingGolf said:

Played in my first best ball tournament last Friday. My shot of the day was making a 30 foot putt for birdie using Aimpoint. We shot 8 under which is really good considering we had a group of 3 players...me as a 9 hc, friend as a 14 hc and random guy as 22 hc. We made tons of putts over 12 feet for birdie using Aimpoint I taught them all how to do it. It was the most fun I have had on the golf course in a long time. I missed the long drive by 4 yards thanks TrueGolfFit!!! One Length irons performed great thanks Cobra Golf!!!! I feel like if I can find a protractor I might be Bryson for halloween!!

Cause we know you can't have a compass.😜

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Hit a great 6 iron to 6 feet left of the pin. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I missed the putt. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Hit a great 6 iron to 6 feet left of the pin. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I missed the putt. 
Try Aimpoint

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Last 3 rounds were in Palm desert, 90°.

driver has been great but the shot of the trip was...

Par 5, after crushed drive into fairway bunker 210 left, slight uphill to green protected by bunkers either side.

hit my Callaway Hybrid out of the fairway bunker, to 10 feet.

missed the eagle putt of course... tap in bird sandy...

woof

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Today’s round was cut short with heavy rain on the 8th Hole.....BUT, on the 4th Hole, my drive was a 3 Hybrid, leaving 102 yards to the back Pin. I sent my PW over the green OB. I tried again with my Gap Wedge(49*). It sailed beautifully over the lake towards the Pin, took one bounce and disappeared. My buddies were on the green and threw their hands up into the air. My shot bounced once on the green then into the cup! A par with an OB penalty!

file-47DB66B4-006A-4C95-9122-55AA07E173E8-7292-0000056AACF71800.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Had a 60 foot, 90° Bend downhill putt for birdie drop today. Blind luck... but made me buddies groan

Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey after my crap round last Sunday. Totally made the shot and a couple more...🥃🥃🥃

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Par 5, 3 wood, 3h, 55° hit the flag on the fly, it’s a blind shot about 15 yards up so you can’t see the bottom of the flag or the green, we though the ball bounced off the flag back toward the front right of the green because it hit it solid on the fly from 75 yards, pull up to the hill and the back is 6 inches from the hole. My buddy says don’t even bring the putter, and that’s how you fix putting issues. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Shot a solid 76 today - 37 on the front but then hit a rough spot on the back where I made 4 straight bogeys.

After a nice par on 15 to get off the train I nipped a tree off the tee on 16 and lost some yardage. NP, par 5, caught a great lie in the right rough, hit a great fairway wood to 105 and then came my shot. Uphill into a little breeze took the extra club and hit PW to 2 feet, kick in birdie. Shot of the day.

Had 15 footers for birdie on 17 and 18 but didn’t convert.

My friend Dennis though had the shot of a lifetime. Dennis is the epitome of long and wrong. Dennis hits a screaming liner off the tee into the next tee marker, these are substantial wooden things but he hits it so hard that it flies out of the ground 10 feet forward. His ball ricochets high and right into the trees right of the tee box, rattled around there and drops about 10 yards behind where we were hitting from. He then hits two monster three woods and a lob wedge to 10 feet. Lipped our for par. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Shot a solid 76 today - 37 on the front but then hit a rough spot on the back where I made 4 straight bogeys.

After a nice par on 15 to get off the train I nipped a tree off the tee on 16 and lost some yardage. NP, par 5, caught a great lie in the right rough, hit a great fairway wood to 105 and then came my shot. Uphill into a little breeze took the extra club and hit PW to 2 feet, kick in birdie. Shot of the day.

Had 15 footers for birdie on 17 and 18 but didn’t convert.

My friend Dennis though had the shot of a lifetime. Dennis is the epitome of long and wrong. Dennis hits a screaming liner off the tee into the next tee marker, these are substantial wooden things but he hits it so hard that it flies out of the ground 10 feet forward. His ball ricochets high and right into the trees right of the tee box, rattled around there and drops about 10 yards behind where we were hitting from. He then hits two monster three woods and a lob wedge to 10 feet. Lipped our for par. default_smile.png

Hmmm, Twilight Zone Golf for Dennis

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Beast driver today, but oddly my shot of the day was a short chip shot. A flop shot actually. Probably 15 feet right of the green, and a super far right flag, with a long downhill roll. So I did the 50% flop swing and it dang near landed in the cup, and stopped within a foot. Saved par

• 2 weeks later...

Second shot on 18. 5w from 202 out. Laced it straight at the pin. Finished about 12-ft below the hole. Made par.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Hit my drive into a tree I normally hit over, and it dropped the ball right at the base of the tree in the bark. So I had 190 up hill to an elevated green. So, I grabbed my Hybrid which had just gotten me a birdie on the last hole. So I called the shot to my buddy and said “hold my beer”

dang if it didn’t get on the green and let me save par. We always say “hold my beer” when we try an I’ll advised shot, but we’re not really drinking them

easy call today

50 yd chip-in for eagle on first hole... BAM!

2ond place - 311 yd drive on 17

3rd - 110 yd gap wedge that followed that last drive to within 2 feet for birdie

I sank a 54 foot putt on the par 5 twelfth hole today! BIRDIE! I missed three birdies inside 10 feet, but made this one. Crazy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Had 190 into a slight breeze. Hit a 4 iron really well, but a yard short of the green.

but it was nice to hit a 4 iron really well haha.

154 yards out, all carry over water and green side bunker....nice smooth 7 iron into the wind...took one hop and stopped inside of 2 feet for my only birdie of the day.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Besides the red hot putter, my shots of the day came via the chip shots:

30 yard flop over a deep trap to 1 foot to save par

15 yd  ump and run with 8 iron to about 4” to save par

45 yd punchy PW from the junk under a tree, just to get on the green. Rimmed the bird from 40 feet, saved par.

now that I think about it, I had a lot of scrambling today...

15th hole - par 3 157 into the wind - perfect 6 iron for me. But I had just hit a miserable 6 iron the hole prior that was a half s.... so predictable I protected, hit a bit of a smother hook into the left trap, short sided and a deep so a bit downhill.

The sand at SPCC is very consistent so I knew what I had, opened my 60 up, opened my stance up, swing hard, thump, high, hit soft in the fringe, trickled down to the pin and lipped out, tap in par.

Had great looks for birdie the last three holes, including on 17 which is a gentler and kinder version of another 17 that you may have seen on TV before. It was a wonderfully intimidating tee shot at 130 - should have been a perfect 9 but feathered the 8 - and long leaves a treacherous down hill putt. Was 20 feet right just past hole high - tap in

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

Pushed a 5 iron just right of the green, leaving me a tough downhill chip to a small portion of the green where the pin was today- always a tough spot.

shot a flopper that landed soft and rolled up to pin-high.. I’m having more and more chip shots ending up as my shot of the day. I think that’s a good thing...

1F3C446A-4FF7-4748-961A-EDA1DB632632.thumb.jpeg.620007097fe40d8ce9736033350ad899.jpegD3899095-4896-4983-B71C-D23D70E82A53.thumb.jpeg.cf00970c74ce8bb50953383a0ccef8d4.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I had 2 actually today. 2nd shot on a longish uphill par 4. From about 165 out I stuck a 6 iron 5 ft from the pin. Missed the downhill bird putt though. Bleh.

On the second one I hit a gap wedge on a short par 3 inside a foot for the tap in bird. I made that one. ; )

I was really feeling my irons and wedges today. I had a buddy tell me to shorten my backswing and suddenly I'm hitting it straighter than ever before.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I was about 35-40 yards right of the green. Sitting just on edge of the adjacent fairway. I could not see the green due to three large pine trees in front of me(about 10 yards). Had only one option, to try a flop shot and wish for some luck. Boy did that luck happen! Ended up sticking it on the green and was able to save par.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

• 1 month later...

Par 3 17th - the back 9 was brutal, wind kept picking up and we were into it most of the 9. Absolutely chunked my 6 iron from 170 into a trap short and left - high lip, grass to carry to front pin, hit it perfectly, landed in the front fringe, trickled to about 5 feet and rolled in the putt. Pared the last too for a 77.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches