Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

Thankfully, I had a number of good shots today, but I had 4 that tie for shots of the day. The wife and I played in a couples scramble. (In the order they happened.)

# 1. 63 yards wedge over water that checked up to 2' from the hole for a birdie. (Wife's drive got us in that position to be that short. I usually am at least 100 yards out on that hole.)

# 2. 165 yard 6 iron that hit dead in line with the hole, 3 feet short but spun back leaving a 7 foot birdie putt. (But missed the putt.) It was looking like a hole in one but came backwards instead of forwards.

# 3. 282 yard drive (245 to catch crest the hill and ran out). Put me as the longest drive in the fairway (in the fairway is the key phrase here) until a 14 year old passed my mark for the win in the longest drive contest.

# 4 94 yards wedge to spin back to about 8 inches for another birdie. (Once again thanks to the wife's great drive.)

I had plenty of bad shots and neither the wife or I putted that great, but I had 4 great shots, and that's 4 more than I had yesterday. My wife would have had the longest drive on the Ladies contest but ran into the rough by 6 inches. That was the 94 yarder to the flag.

Edit.

I had 2 more.

# 5. 4 hybrid to about a foot for an eagle, 

# 6. 30' putt with at least 10' of break for a par.

• Like 4

Today was playing. It was a bit windy. Didn't have a spectacular round going, proceeded to hit a 390 yard drive (probably best drive of my life) and then hit the wedge in tight and rolled in the eagle! Turned the back 9 around quickly

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Had 184 yards to the pin and usually hit my 6 iron 180 and hit it beautifully and hit the ball about 190 to the left on the flag.

Wasn't the best ending but it was a great feeling shot and perfect ball flight.

I've been making some swing fixes this year (swing path and keeping my elbow tucked) and the scores haven't been there and seen my handicap go up over a full point (16.2 to a 17.6) but that swing today felt great and gave me some confidence I was making the right changes.

• Like 3

What's even worse is missing the eagle putt AND the birdie putt

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Can confirm, Cut a 4 iron about 205 around a tree and put it on the green on a short par 5. Missed the eagle and birdie putt...saved par though... : /

• Like 2

My shot of the day was a 3 hybrid on my second shot into a Par 5...landed and rolled up the around 20 feet. I sank the putt my first eagle in a very long time. Got my round going good early in route to my lowest round ever 74.20180624_141810.jpegSmartSelect_20180624-174859_18Birdies.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

I hit iron shots on 3 different par 3's to 3 to 5' of the flags for birdies. I also hit a hybrid out of the 1/2 way to the knee rough that had a half bale of hay wrapped around the shaft to 8' for a birdie on one par 5 and holed a bunker shot on another. I was -5 on the par 3's and 5's. 

This did not offset my +14 on the par 4's. Amazing how well you can hit some shots and poorly the next hole.

• Like 4

I also hit a  hybrid out of the 1/2 way to the knee rough that had a half bale of hay wrapped around the shaft to 8' for a birdie 

:o  :o  :o

:o  :o  :o

I just replaced my 5 iron with a 25* hybrid a couple of weeks ago, because of shoulder issues. I put it back in the bag for Saturday, and was kind of liking it until then. I fell in love with that because not only did it get out of that, along with a big bunch of grass, but it landed softly on the green.

Let's not talk about why I was still 166 yards away from the green on a par 5 in the deep grass hitting my 3rd shot. :angry:

• Like 2

I just replaced my 5 iron with a 25* hybrid a couple of weeks ago, because of shoulder issues. I put it back in the bag for Saturday, and was kind of liking it until then. I fell in love with that because not only did it get out of that, along with a big bunch of grass, but it landed softly on the green.

Let's not talk about why I was still 166 yards away from the green on a par 5 in the deep grass hitting my 3rd shot. :angry:

If I hit a shot like that. I'd just walk off the course. That's enough for me. Really impressive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My shot of the day today, was actually a putt from about 3' off the green, about 45 feet from the flag.up and over down then back up sharply and a hard left turn. Like 5 different directions, which rolled up to about 6” above the flag.

I am so loving the new Evnroll er3, which I've named “ Evan Almighty “

• Like 4

Hit my third on a par 4 from 67 metres (73 yards) with my 60 degree to 3 feet away. The best part was it hit the flag, not the flag stick but the actual flag. Yes I made the putt.

• Like 5

This morning, 16th hole shirt par 4, 320 yards hit what felt like a decent drive. Driving to our drives mine was obviously the longest. Checked distance to center of green 65 yards! This is Florida definitely flat. It's been a while since I hit a drive 255 yards.

Ping G Driver, Chrome Soft Ball and a mere 71 years old fart!

• Like 4

Univ. Of Kentucky Wildcat Course, Hole #13 Par 4 285 yds......183 yd drive followed by a 106 yd then a 6 ft putt.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Hit my tee shot on a 155 par 3 to 5 inches and it lipped out for the ace.😡

• Like 2

League night tonight. I was able to save bogey with a 25ft uphill right to left putt. Felt really good to drop a putt like that.

Uphill 6 iron to green, left a 60' putt that I drizzled down to a foot away, pin high for par.

Meh...just wasn't a good day for me today

Drained a 35 footer for birdie today. Par 5 hard dog leg left, tried to draw one around the corner but ended up hitting it straight where I was aiming. Had to punch a 4i under a tree to 120y out. Usually that's a stock PW for me but the wind was stronger than I thought, it pitched 10 feet passed the flag but didn't check at all. Just wanted to get it close for par and ended up burying it in the center of the cup for a messy birdie.

My friend said Tiger should get an ER2 after I made that one, we had a good laugh

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I had two: driver on a par 5, cut the corner of the dogleg, leaving me dead-center of the fairway, 150 out.

Then a tee shot with my MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron. The fairway was a “V”, and downhill, so I hit a perfect draw off the right side of the “V” and left it center of the fairway, 100 yards out! I'm really loving that driving iron!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2