Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

Shining through a bunch of very mediocre shots was one 6i from 166 out that I was merely hoping to get close to the front of the green - i was in the right rough, with the ball below my feet (which outside of bunkers is my weakest/worst shot), wind coming right-to-left and bunkers short-right and right of the green.

Aimed slightly left of the green, took a slightly stronger grip, flexed the knees and focused on good contact .. ball soared high and took only a slight fade at the end to hit the fringe at the front of the green, bounce once and roll forward towards the flag!

Left me about an 18-20 footer which .. nope .. didn't make but left it inside a foot for an "easy" ;-) par - on a hole that I often bogey.

• Like 1

I thought my shot of the day was going to be Number 9. A Par 3 island green very similar to 17 at the TPC Sawgrass. Google needs to update their image because the water is now right to the edge of the green like it is supposed to be. The wind was 15mph and coming diagonally both into us and left to right. It was 133 yards to the flag and located where I have the circle. I hit an easy 8 iron that hit and stopped 8 feet from the hole and I made the birdie putt.

9 Blue.jpg

Then came 17.

17Mobitee.jpg

193 to the center Par 3 water all the way down the left side. This time the wind was behind me so the plan was to hit an easy 4 hybrid to the center of the green and let it run to the back. The flag was located where I have the circle.

The execution was not exactly what I had envisioned.

17 blue.jpg

I took this pic after I completed 18 and this group let us through on 11. Nice kids. The view is slightly left of the ball flight and about 100 yards closer.

Note the bridge on the left and the guy sitting on the hill far right. The pin was located back right and from the back tees it was over water at least 195 yards.

I caught the ball on the heel of the club and it rocked down the cart path, not bouncing just a low line drive down the path and hit the guard rail on the bridge. Then caromed back across the green and stopped on the hill near where the guy in the white shirt is sitting.

I then chipped off the hill with a 56* wedge and it landed on the green AND ROLLED IN THE FREAKING HOLE.

Here is a picture I took a couple of years ago from the tee box in front of the one we were playing today. It is not a tee shot to miss right. The one today is even more over the water.

17.JPG

• Like 5

Cut a 6i 165 yards into the wind to 15 feet above the pin. Its a shot Ive been working on for this hole in particular.

• Like 4

Par-4 7th here at the Boise Ranch Golf Course yesterday afternoon for a quick 9-hole while playing hooky from work... :ph34r:

Had a poor drive low and right, followed by sculled 4i that left me with a 9i shot which I took up to the top tier where the flag was, but wound up on top of a ridge off the green and above the hole about 35' away. Grabbed my most awesome 58* and chipped that baby straight in like a BOSS!

Damn I love this club!!! :wub:

• Like 3

#17 is an uphill par 3 with a front pin playing 111 yards today (plays anywhere from 105-160y).  A big tree overhangs the left side of the fairway just in from of the green.  I start the ball at the flag with a wedge but the ball draws a little too much.  I thought it was going to clear the top of the tree and be on the left edge of the green, but I heard that tree sound.  I couldn't see where the ball came down; it usually just drops straight down (I've hit the tree before.)  Got up to the green and my ball is 2 inches behind the cup.

• Like 4

#11 is a short par 4 over water. Rolled my drive up about 15 ft from the green. Chipped to 5 ft and sank the bird putt. My only one for the day. Felt good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

KingsCreek In Spring hill TN

On the back 9 it has back to back par 5s hole 17 & 16 on

this wonderful day I had back to back eagles using my Volkey 6sm

48 degree M grind first was from 96 yard the next was 20 yards

I did shoot 71 

• Like 2

Playing pretty poorly last two times out. Can't buy a putt. Came to a 198 yard, slightly uphill par 3. Absolutely smoked my Ping 4 crossover. One huge hop and dropped 6 feet from flag. I walked out with a par. Told you I wasn't lying about the putting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

KingsCreek In Spring hill TN

On the back 9 it has back to back par 5s hole 17 & 16 on

this wonderful day I had back to back eagles using my Volkey 6sm

48 degree M grind first was from 96 yard the next was 20 yards

I did shoot 71

A 96 yard eagle shot...? And you said it so casually. You sly dog. 🤨 Nice shot. And nice round.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#17 is an uphill par 3 with a front pin playing 111 yards today (plays anywhere from 105-160y). A big tree overhangs the left side of the fairway just in from of the green. I start the ball at the flag with a wedge but the ball draws a little too much. I thought it was going to clear the top of the tree and be on the left edge of the green, but I heard that tree sound. I couldn't see where the ball came down; it usually just drops straight down (I've hit the tree before.) Got up to the green and my ball is 2 inches behind the cup.

Made the putt, right

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Sliced 5 iron around a tree...

• Like 3

I had a lot of good shots today, but on 15 a par 4 440 yard into the wind. I had a birdie putt probably 60'. Cross hill, down grain, and crosswind. 18 mph wind. Double breaker. I hit that putt and seemed like I watched it for 5 minutes tracking back and forth. About 5' from the hole it was dead center. I started walking it off, and my foursome started yelling. 6" from the hole, still dead center.  I thought I saw it start to drop down in the hole and it suddenly veered right and lipped out.

Huge disappointment but I could not have hit it better. Simply didn't fall in. I birdied 14 and had birdie putts on 13 thru 18 and a couple of them touched the hole. But 15 seemed to roll forever and it was playing pretty darned long today. Driver/3 wood and on the green is 2 good shots, even if the 3 wood ran to the opposite side of the green.

This hole has 2 valleys and a large hill in the center. It is 240 to the top of the hill. When the wind is as strong as today, it is tough to crest the hill and get roll. If you don't then you have over 200 yards into the green. The green is not deep but is pretty wide with a ridge in the middle.

• Like 2

Juniper Hills #16 Par 4....drive left me 160 out so I tried my Cobra F8 5 Hybrid. I laid my ball just 12' past the Pin.....missed the birdie putt

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

352 yard par 4, almost a 90 degree dogleg to the left. I hit a 5i right to the corner, then a 6i that landed 7 feet from the pin.

I 2 putted for par :(

• Like 4