Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

Foz's shot was great! started at right edge of green and worked its way back to the pin.  My best shot was probably the approach on 18.  I was 80 yards out and told Foz this is my worst distance for a shot.  Then hit it 6 feet from hole and made the birdie putt!

• Like 4

Played the front 9 this morning (in the heat and humidity) with my wife. Ended up with a 46 - a darn triple on hole #2 which I typically par. However, our #8 has always been my nemesis - it's a 410 par 4.(3rd hardest hole on our course)  In all the years I've played this course I've never walked off better than a bogie. Today I birdied it - so I guess the curse of #8 is gone. . 

• Like 6

Well... it started with a solid drive..

850D41E4-89CC-4576-BB7C-7308C63BE8AB.jpeg

Then a choked up 3-wood baby cut....

B1EF2C2C-19E3-4911-834A-4E6D1BCC399F.jpeg

Which then left me with about a 30 foot downhill eagle putt!

9997CF02-3983-4754-9FCC-EF8C4639B6FD.jpeg

That I missed right

2DC9C338-792C-4224-8B36-24C0724C0417.jpeg

For the kick in birdie...

I'll take it!

• Like 6

But I also liked my 13' birdie putt on 8.

With like a 2” break to the right that juuuust barely fell in..whew!

Evnroll... good boy!

• Like 3

Second shot on a par 5 Cut 3 wood around a tree to 20ft. Three putted for par but still a good shot.

• Like 3

I had 137 to the pin, licking my chops and then “it” happened. So I was in the rough off the next fairway, 92 yards, over a grove of trees and yawning trap. I just had hit “it”. Hit a lovely 3/4 52 to 8 feet and rolled in the putt Center cut. Ripped the heart of the guy playing with me who was looking at a 20 foot birdie and had to work to make his 3 footer for par.

Best of all he muttered I just got Kevined (I used to have a reputation for getting up and down that I'm anxious to recover)

I shot 1 over, he 3 over - that shot carried the day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

160 out in the trees on the left. Had to keep it very low under some branches for the first 15 yards, but high enough to get over some mounds about 25 yards in front of me . Hit a beautiful punch 6 iron that finished 12 feet from the pin.

Drained the putt for birdie.

• Like 7

Nothing spectacular other than I finally hit the right club. 157 yard par 3 over a valley and a bit uphill. I always feel my 7i is plenty but im short 90% of the time. Especially when flag is cut short. Finally convinced myself to pull the 6i and i hit it dead center to 12 feet or so.

• Like 5

Short sided myself on a par 4 but hit the one on the left to under a foot for par. The picture will be used again because the ball on the right was me with a different club.20180704_102547.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

Easy one yesterday. Reasonable, 2 over 37 on the front. Made a nice up and down for Par on 10 and hooked my drive into the left rough on a hole that's a sharp dogleg right. Short sided myself to the front right pin leaving a tough up hill pitch out of snarly Bermuda rough to what would then be about fifteen feet of green sloping right to left down.

I opened the blade on my 60 a bit, landed the ball in the fringe above the hole, it took one nice hop and trickled right down and in. I closed out the round with 7 straight pars for 35 on the back. Best round in a couple of years.

• Like 6

Easy one yesterday. Reasonable, 2 over 37 on the front. Made a nice up and down for Par on 10 and hooked my drive into the left rough on a hole that's a sharp dogleg right. Short sided myself to the front right pin leaving a tough up hill pitch out of snarly Bermuda rough to what would then be about fifteen feet of green sloping right to left down.

I opened the blade on my 60 a bit, landed the ball in the fringe above the hole, it took one nice hop and trickled right down and in. I closed out the round with 7 straight pars for 35 on the back. Best round in a couple of years.

Way to go Rev!

Nothing spectacular, but the round before yesterday I had to put both my fairway woods in the penalty box because they were being...well, "bad". Been practicing with them a bit to get my confidence back and wound up releasing them from time-out yesterday.

Long uphill par-4 where I hit my best tee shot of the day straight down the middle and long. Pulled 5W out and struck it nice-n-clean right at the pin. Landed on the long front apron and rolled to about 20' below the front-set pin. Putted from the fringe and made par.

• Like 5

Just a so-so round yesterday.  Being July 4th, the course had U.S. flags on all the pins, which makes it tough to pull a club if you don't have a laser and GPS to know where the pin is on a green.  

Our par 3 #4 played 140 downhill with a 15-20 mph wind into and from the right; pin tucked just over a big bunker; big grass mounds right and left of the green.  My 9i started right at the pin, but I had a little draw and the wind took it left of the green pin high on a downslope of the left mound.  My playing partner hit a low bounce and roll shot (unintentionally) left of the bunker and we ended up at the same spot.  

We had about 4 feet of rough, then fringe to a green sloping away and breaking to the right toward the bunker.  He was away by a foot and played a decent shot (he's not the best short game player) but played way too much break, and had a tricky downhill slider for par... which he missed.  I played a 4 foot flop with my 58* SCOR, landing on the fringe, and the ball slow-rolled down the slope breaking about a foot in the hole.  Only birdie I made all day.

• Like 5

A shot of vintage Port in tribute to my father-in-law (group toast).

🥃

• Like 2

I hit my drive on number 12 into mountain goat territory. Still had 215 to the center of the green, sever uphill lie, into the wind (which is the opposite of normal. I hit a 3 wood, because of the uphill lie,that went over the trees and landed in a wet area and bounced on the fringe did not release.  2 putt par.

• Like 3

Lakeside, #18, Par 4 335 yards.....Drive...251 yds, 8 iron ...129 yds planted Pin High .....10 foot putt, lipped out and ended with a tap in Par! Damn near perfect hole tee to green.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I threw some darts on the course yesterday! Sadly, I overlooked a subtle break near the hole on #7 and only converted one birdie. :(

In order...

#5 at Peoria Ridge Golf course - Par 4 - 369 yards:

3-Wood off the tee to the middle of the fairway. GW from 100~ yards to 3'!

#7 - Par 4 - 331 yards:

Driver off the tee to the middle of the fairway. SW from 80~ yards to about 3' as well.

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

• Like 4

Par 5 471 yards 3 wood off the tee to 250ish 4 hybrid from the left rough to IMG_0575.JPG six feet for eagle. Knees weak palms are sweaty kind of putt.

About two months ago I broke 90 and have been playing some of the best golf of my life. Even though I've only been playing for about one year seriously. But these are the shots that keep us coming back!

Titleist 718 ap3 (X-stiff,2 flat)

Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges

Taylormade Spider Tour Putter RED 35” 1* Flat

Taylormade r1 (x-stiff)

Left Handed

OHIO NORTH

22.4 HC

• Like 5