Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

As I had a very difficult ball striking day, I was afforded numerous opportunities for “shot of the day”. Rather than the normal description of why it was the shot of the day, I'll give a quick hit of a number of my “shots” of the day

Deep uphill bunker - to 6' and sank par

200 yd Hybrid to a few feet over green in rough, chipped to 6”

175 on side of dirt/bark steep downhill, Hybrid on, 2 putt par

Short par 4, 276, drive wide right in bark, 30 yards, chipped close but missed birdie

Etc, blah blah..

But I would have to give the shot of the day to a short chip on a steep downhill green with a blue pin about 10 feet from top edge of green

My 9-iron approach went long, and actually hooked left, about 10 feet long of green, and perhaps 60 feet away.

I chipped from the rough, straight over to the rough above the pin, and in bounced just to the beginning of the green and bled down to about 3' , and knocked in for par.

The whole day was a struggle, but was perhaps my best day of scrambling ever

• Like 2

A hit a 3 iron to about 6 feet from 240 downhill. It was for like a unofficial/cheating 8 but whatever

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Good day

Started with a 281 opening drive (that's huge for me), a 185 5 iron to 20 feet, and drained the eagle putt

Small chip in on 10 for birdie

Long sand out to 1 foot, for birdie

78 yd lob to 1 foot birdie

12' birdie putt

All added up to a 67- tied PB

Love days like today...

• Like 5

I hit a 300 yard drive and then a 58* to 6 inches for a birdie.

Both are my shots of the day.

• Like 5

Hopefully I'll be able to find something to post in here tomorrow.

• Like 4

League night last night. I successfully played boring golf. That was my shot of the day. I didn't need to try any hero stuff, and kept myself in play and was able to score relatively well for my game. The best shot of them all was a PW from 130yds that I was able to hit and stop 10ft from the hole and got my par.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Oh man I actually have a few to choose from.

7th hole

302 yard drive slightly uphill

230 yard hybrid, all carry to elevated green (rolled 35 ft eagle putt to 3 feet and made the birdie)

14th hole

Drained a 25 foot putt for birdie

18th hole

297 yard drive

215 yard 4 iron, out of the rough, to 10 feet (lipped the eagle putt and Tapped in for birdie)

• Like 3

Well, the round in its entirety sucked. So many missed birdie putts, and a 3 putt for par on a par 4... yeah, I was 35' away on a 260 yard par 4 after a beauty of a 3 high cut wood, which only pitched about 6' after hitting pin high, just right a bit.

But the hole before that was a 119 par 3, I took some off the PW but added some spin, it landed 18” from the cup but spin back 6'. Drained the birdie putt.

Was out of position way too much. And I was in the green side bunker on hole 2 in someone's footprints 🤬 bladed my shot over the back. Started bogey bogey after a missed 4' par putt on 1.

Couldn't get anything rolling.

• Like 3

Oh man I actually have a few to choose from.

7th hole

302 yard drive slightly uphill

230 yard hybrid, all carry to elevated green (rolled 35 ft eagle putt to 3 feet and made the birdie)

14th hole

Drained a 25 foot putt for birdie

18th hole

297 yard drive

215 yard 4 iron, out of the rough, to 10 feet (lipped the eagle putt and Tapped in for birdie)

Dude!, you're average drives are longer than my daily

Best drives. Dang I wish I could start over at around 30 years old with my current driver...

• Like 1

Dude!, you're average drives are longer than my daily

Best drives. Dang I wish I could start over at around 30 years old with my current driver...

Haha well my average carry is around the the 265 mark and every once in awhile I can carry over 275. Summer time fairways are great because we actually get some roll out in the north east.
  • Like 2

135 par-3. PW landed 1 foot right and spun back 3 feet. I nailed the 4 foot birdie putt.

510 par-5 Drive 250 into the trees, punch a 7 iron out about 155, hit 52* to 7 feet, and then made the birdie putt. I had to laugh at this because after hooking it into the trees I said "well, I guess the driver knows where I need to hit it to make birdie".

• Like 1

Any of these three shots, played the hole perfectly!! (Yes I have already shared this in another thread but who wouldn't show it again)

IMG_20180715_124326_988.jpg

• Like 2

Long dog-leg left par-4. Drove into the desert right (straight shot but chickened out aiming more left to start). Took a provisional that I did not chicken out on and it was good. Wound up finding my first and picked up the provisional. Had about 200 left and slightly downhill, but tree issues were preventing me from hitting anything with loft and my lie was pretty bad. Hit a "punchy" 4i through a gap that went straight, long and low. I was surprised to find it on the front apron slightly left and only 35-yds away from the pin. Pitched it up to 4' with the trusty 58* and got down with a nice par.

• Like 2

511 yard par 5... hit a good drive and left myself 185 to the pin. Pulled 6i and rolled off the back. Two putt from there for bird.

Another par 5, hit a bad drive but had 235 in, all carry over a hazard. Stuffed a 3 wood to 15 feet and drained it for eagle. That makes two eagles for me in three days! 🦅

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

I really messed up a par 4 in a fairway bunker but hit this chip and almost saved par with that chip but I took the bogey and didn't argue about it.20180715_094023.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6

Took King of the hole today on arccos on a tough course that I rarely play. Feels goodddd. The fact that I still bogeyed the hole is irrelevant...Screenshot_20180715-145710.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I had two today, two chip-ins off the green with the 54* wedge.

• Like 4

I had 2 today.

Par 4- I hit a 2 iron to the top of a mound off the tee. I the pulled a 9 iron from a crazy uphill lie and hit it to 8 feet and made the putt.

Par 5- Driver, 3W to 10 feet and left the eagle putt 5 inches short.

• Like 3