What was your Shot of the Day?

Our Sponsors

The Golf Club at Echo Falls

Hole 12 is a 489 yard Par 5.

Crushed the M4 348 yards dead straight.

Followed with an 8i that hit the green 8" from the pin and rolled to 5' with a chance for Eagle.

The putt had stopped on the upside of a hill just behind the pin.

Left my eagle putt 1' short.

But cleaned up for a Birdie.

Could have been one of my best 8i shots I've ever had.

• Like 2

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First hole in One ever today. 173 yard Par 3 Forth at Ko’olina Golf Course in Hawaii. Slightly up hill so I pulled a 5 iron. The ball was on the flag from the time it left my club. I thought it

Every round we play, and even when we have a bad round, we still usually hit a few shots that we actually tried to do.   I had a 210 yd lie in the bark, under a big tree, with little trees in front

Almost had my first hole-in-one...

Posted Images

Shot 34 on the front and hit a poor approach shot on 10, short, left in the rough. I had 40 feet, up a false front on to a tier in the green. Hit a beautiful chip into the front, up and ready get up 2 feet short of the hole. The par kept my round moving forward as the back 9 became a take of par saves with lots of holes into the wind until we finally turned down on 17 and 18. Had a great look for birdie on 17 that just missed and a four footer on 18 to finish the round in style.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I was playing in a Ryder Cup format tournament over the weekend and we get to the toughest par 5 on the course.  I drive it 320 yards over water to land it in the middle of the fairway.  Then hit a punch 8i from 142 ,to keep it under the 25 mph wind, back over the water to the picture below.  (I'm on the right.)  We HALVED the hole with eagles.  

20181020_134221.jpg

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

My shot of the day was the first one because the duck hit the water lol.... sorry saw the thread and a smarta$$ comment popped into my head. No golf today probably tomorrow though.

That’s OK I understand

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

IMG_3832.PNG

I told myself while looking where I wanted to land the ball, I wanted to fly the bunker. I actually pulled it off, chipped on and 2 putted for par. This was the best round I've played to date, and just started playing last October. This game has me hooked big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Driver: Callaway XR 16 9*

3 Wood: Callaway XR 16 15*

Hybrid: Callaway XR 16 19*

Irons: Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4 - AW

Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 56* and 64*

Iron/Wedge Shafts: KBS Stiff Black Chrome Tour

Grips: Super Stroke Cross Comfort - Midsize

Putter: Odyssey O-works Black 330M, 33" with SS 3.0 Slim

Ball: Callaway Supersoft

Played in my first best ball tournament last Friday. My shot of the day was making a 30 foot putt for birdie using Aimpoint. We shot 8 under which is really good considering we had a group of 3 players...me as a 9 hc, friend as a 14 hc and random guy as 22 hc. We made tons of putts over 12 feet for birdie using Aimpoint I taught them all how to do it. It was the most fun I have had on the golf course in a long time. I missed the long drive by 4 yards thanks TrueGolfFit!!! One Length irons performed great thanks Cobra Golf!!!! I feel like if I can find a protractor I might be Bryson for halloween!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

3 minutes ago, GeekingGolf said:

Played in my first best ball tournament last Friday. My shot of the day was making a 30 foot putt for birdie using Aimpoint. We shot 8 under which is really good considering we had a group of 3 players...me as a 9 hc, friend as a 14 hc and random guy as 22 hc. We made tons of putts over 12 feet for birdie using Aimpoint I taught them all how to do it. It was the most fun I have had on the golf course in a long time. I missed the long drive by 4 yards thanks TrueGolfFit!!! One Length irons performed great thanks Cobra Golf!!!! I feel like if I can find a protractor I might be Bryson for halloween!!

Cause we know you can't have a compass.😜

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Hit a great 6 iron to 6 feet left of the pin. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I missed the putt. 

• Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Hit a great 6 iron to 6 feet left of the pin. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I missed the putt. 
Try Aimpoint

• Like 1

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Last 3 rounds were in Palm desert, 90°.

driver has been great but the shot of the trip was...

Par 5, after crushed drive into fairway bunker 210 left, slight uphill to green protected by bunkers either side.

hit my Callaway Hybrid out of the fairway bunker, to 10 feet.

missed the eagle putt of course... tap in bird sandy...

woof

• Like 4

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Today’s round was cut short with heavy rain on the 8th Hole.....BUT, on the 4th Hole, my drive was a 3 Hybrid, leaving 102 yards to the back Pin. I sent my PW over the green OB. I tried again with my Gap Wedge(49*). It sailed beautifully over the lake towards the Pin, took one bounce and disappeared. My buddies were on the green and threw their hands up into the air. My shot bounced once on the green then into the cup! A par with an OB penalty!

file-47DB66B4-006A-4C95-9122-55AA07E173E8-7292-0000056AACF71800.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

• Like 7

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Had a 60 foot, 90° Bend downhill putt for birdie drop today. Blind luck... but made me buddies groan

• Like 4

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey after my crap round last Sunday. Totally made the shot and a couple more...🥃🥃🥃

• Like 4

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Par 5, 3 wood, 3h, 55° hit the flag on the fly, it’s a blind shot about 15 yards up so you can’t see the bottom of the flag or the green, we though the ball bounced off the flag back toward the front right of the green because it hit it solid on the fly from 75 yards, pull up to the hill and the back is 6 inches from the hole. My buddy says don’t even bring the putter, and that’s how you fix putting issues. 

• Like 3

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Shot a solid 76 today - 37 on the front but then hit a rough spot on the back where I made 4 straight bogeys.

After a nice par on 15 to get off the train I nipped a tree off the tee on 16 and lost some yardage. NP, par 5, caught a great lie in the right rough, hit a great fairway wood to 105 and then came my shot. Uphill into a little breeze took the extra club and hit PW to 2 feet, kick in birdie. Shot of the day.

Had 15 footers for birdie on 17 and 18 but didn’t convert.

My friend Dennis though had the shot of a lifetime. Dennis is the epitome of long and wrong. Dennis hits a screaming liner off the tee into the next tee marker, these are substantial wooden things but he hits it so hard that it flies out of the ground 10 feet forward. His ball ricochets high and right into the trees right of the tee box, rattled around there and drops about 10 yards behind where we were hitting from. He then hits two monster three woods and a lob wedge to 10 feet. Lipped our for par. :)

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Shot a solid 76 today - 37 on the front but then hit a rough spot on the back where I made 4 straight bogeys.

After a nice par on 15 to get off the train I nipped a tree off the tee on 16 and lost some yardage. NP, par 5, caught a great lie in the right rough, hit a great fairway wood to 105 and then came my shot. Uphill into a little breeze took the extra club and hit PW to 2 feet, kick in birdie. Shot of the day.

Had 15 footers for birdie on 17 and 18 but didn’t convert.

My friend Dennis though had the shot of a lifetime. Dennis is the epitome of long and wrong. Dennis hits a screaming liner off the tee into the next tee marker, these are substantial wooden things but he hits it so hard that it flies out of the ground 10 feet forward. His ball ricochets high and right into the trees right of the tee box, rattled around there and drops about 10 yards behind where we were hitting from. He then hits two monster three woods and a lob wedge to 10 feet. Lipped our for par. default_smile.png

Hmmm, Twilight Zone Golf for Dennis

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Beast driver today, but oddly my shot of the day was a short chip shot. A flop shot actually. Probably 15 feet right of the green, and a super far right flag, with a long downhill roll. So I did the 50% flop swing and it dang near landed in the cup, and stopped within a foot. Saved par

• Like 3

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

• 2 weeks later...

Second shot on 18. 5w from 202 out. Laced it straight at the pin. Finished about 12-ft below the hole. Made par.

• Like 4

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Hit my drive into a tree I normally hit over, and it dropped the ball right at the base of the tree in the bark. So I had 190 up hill to an elevated green. So, I grabbed my Hybrid which had just gotten me a birdie on the last hole. So I called the shot to my buddy and said “hold my beer”

dang if it didn’t get on the green and let me save par. We always say “hold my beer” when we try an I’ll advised shot, but we’re not really drinking them

• Like 1

Adidas Tour 360 shoes