Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

150 yards up hill approach with a 7 iron. From my position I could only see the top of the flag from the fairway. I aimed right at the wavering nylon then took a nice smooth swing which felt amazing. I arrived to the green to find my ball sitting in its on ball mark. A ball mark that happen to share a space with the side of the cup. Good? Heck yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

167 yard par 3 #12 something of a “redan” design with bunkering filling the front and water behind.

8 iron to 3 feet.

• Like 6

My best shot wasn't so much a stellar result as it was satisfying execution.

I'd pushed my drive right on 18 and was down a hill with tree trouble, 190 out uphill. My only choice, other than punching out, was a low and significant cut under and then around the tree's branches.

Grabbed 5-iron and flushed it. Couldn't quite turn it enough to land the green but turned it plenty, it came to rest just a few yards left off the fringe. Got up and down for par but par would've been out of the question without that approach shot.

• Like 3

It's cool to have Arccos to show the shot.

After trying to flight down a 4i into a pretty strong wind and totally hitting it straight up into the air, I was left with a pretty stock 8i. Stuck it decently close .

Screenshot_20190411-175400.jpegMVIMG_20190411_160016.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

Chipped in from about 5 yards off the green, but the cool part is that I chipped in last week from almost the exact same spot. And I chipped in on another hole a few games ago too. Not my strength so quite happy about all of them!

• Like 5

Last Sunday when I played, I hit a bomb,290, right down the pipe. I know that may not be very far for some people on here, but I was pleasantly surprised. I obviously hit the sweet spot on that shot. The straightness of the drive was very nice to see as well.

• Like 4

Hole 8 at my home course (hardest hole). To take that line you have to get it up pretty high to clear the trees. Most lay up, I never do, sometimes it works and sometimes it don’t. I played it perfect, couldn’t hit a better drive than that. IMG_0213.JPG

• Like 7

made around a 20 foot putt to save bogey on the last hole at French Lick. Broke about 6 inches and dropped dead center. Great way to end a round.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2019 at 5:40 PM, M. Parsons said:

Last Sunday when I played, I hit a bomb,290, right down the pipe. I know that may not be very far for some people on here, but I was pleasantly surprised. I obviously hit the sweet spot on that shot. The straightness of the drive was very nice to see as well.

Sheesh- that’s a bomb period. For me to get it 290, I need warm, dry, downhill, and with the wind. But every now and then..... bam!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My shot of the day today had to have been my green side bunker splash to within 12” to save par. I really had to take a half swing and just clear the upper lip, and then it dribbled down to the cup. I shouldn’t have been in there anyway after a killer drive which left me 104. I don’t know why I swung the SW instead of the gap W. But it all worked out in the end...

• Like 4

On 4/14/2019 at 5:40 PM, M. Parsons said:

I don't remember the last bomb I hit like that.  Those days are far behind me.

• Like 1

I don't remember the last bomb I hit like that.  Those days are far behind me.

I feel like I'm rapidly approaching those days myself, but I get lucky now and then.

My second par of the day. 176yd par 3. I hit the draw that I envisioned to pin high just to the right. Burned the edge of the cup with my first putt.

I was really happy to drop the par putt as I had trouble most of last season on this hole. IMG_0948.PNG

• Like 1

Par 5 second shot 185 yards uphill (about 20-25 feet elevation change).

7wood.

In the hole for an albatross. Didn't see it go in though. Kids selling used balls 40 feet from green said itt land softly 10 feet before and rolled dead center.

• Like 2

Longish par 4 into the wind with soggy conditions. Left drive in the right rough. 176 yards to center pin with Id guess a 30 to 40 foot tree to go over about 35 yards in front of me. 

Normally I would flight down a 4i in these conditions but no way to get it over or under the tree comfortably. Pulled a 5i and ripped it pin high to 10-12'. Missed putt. lol

• Like 2

Yesterday, 11th hole, Par 5. Second shot I had 272 to the middle. I grabbed my 3 wood and hit the best shot ever off the deck with it! It hit the front edge, popped-up in the air, and settled 12 feet below the hole! I missed the eagle, of course!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I laid-up with a 5w off the tee and struck it to dead-center about 200 down range. Blasted a 3w 210-yds over the water, but left into the green-side trap. The shot was my 3'rd using my 60* well flat from maybe 25'. Hit the stick and it dropped dead 3" from the hole for a "gimme" par. Damn, I love this 60!🤩

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm struggling to pick a good shot today, but technically the best hit shot I hit today went in a lake. That pretty much sums up my round. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

First hole , short par 5. Hit a solid drive with 185 to a deep pin. Hit a solid 5 iron to about 12’. Left the eagle put 6” short, dead center...derrrrr.....

• Like 5

Played just awful at the new "club", but I hit a very nice 4 iron 182 yards to just short of the green. That's a big hit with a 4 iron for me.

• Like 4