Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

My shot of the day was not the 79, but the Makers Mark at my buddy’s house before and after dinner.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You shoot a 79 AND you eat and drink at your buddy's house??   Nicely done!

• Like 4

Hole #3 at Banbury Golf Club is a 136-yd par-3 from the whites with water in front and right. Flushed an 8-iron toward my target left that cut nicely right and landed about 12' away from the cup to the left and behind it a bit. Made a clean par.😁

• Like 4

157 yard 7 iron (35 degrees) almost holed out. Nice check up too.

IMG_2239.thumb.JPG.6571a34470693af039c2a2beefe35e70.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Gotta ask, you made the putt right?

Great shot

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gotta ask, you made the putt right?
Great shot

Lmao the way I putt that’s a pretty appropriate question

• Like 2

Lmao the way I putt that’s a pretty appropriate question

that’s great

Normally I'll just post a nice approach shot, maybe a wedge or two and many fairway wood shots here, but today is different. Best shot of the day today for me was the birdie putt I made on the par-5 5th.

The tee shot was a crap, short power-fade helped by a left-to-right wind that carried me to the first cut on the right. Slammed a 3w to 75-yds or so and hit a real nice 54* wedge to here...

IMG_20190608_181418376.thumb.jpg.017862fa67bcfe9fcc2669beebbaddde.jpg

Read it for right-edge and 12'. Putt rolled true but when it got to the hole, it looked as if I had just missed and the ball would stay just to the right of the hole maybe <1/2" away, but 1 more turn and it collapsed in from the right, back edge..! I was so sure I had missed it, I almost looked up and away in anguish, but saw it die into the cup at the last second!

• Like 5

Par 3 12th at Windmill again, 178 yard 4 iron onto the green.

• Like 4

On our 11th hole, a tight 495 us par 5,I sniped a tee shot quick left on the highway. Reload and pummel it to 204. Yip a 2 iron in the trees left, and have 78 yards under then over a tree, and a deep bunker. Stoned a 58* to 3 feet and made 6.

I hate this game sometimes

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Three shots stick out. I drained two 15-20 putts for par to win holes. Both were dead center and I knew coming off the face they were dead on line. The other is a macho drive into the wind. Caught a hill and ended up dead center of the fairway about 300 hundred yards out. For me that's a great shot.

• Like 3

First 7 iron from 140 felt so good I decided to hit another, and it almost went in

995E6EBF-C77E-4AB3-B997-0C2C8D6EC702.thumb.jpeg.a82246a99259a2812df6e9c6bf14f1f8.jpeg

• Like 8

IMG_2220.JPG

Closest I’ve ever been to a hole in one!
134 yard PW off the base of the pin and 15 feet to the fringe...... 1 day I’ll get one!!

• Like 6

On 6/9/2019 at 7:09 PM, MmmmmmBuddy said:

On our 11th hole, a tight 495 us par 5,I sniped a tee shot quick left on the highway. Reload and pummel it to 204. Yip a 2 iron in the trees left, and have 78 yards under then over a tree, and a deep bunker. Stoned a 58* to 3 feet and made 6.

I hate this game sometimes

What's your course now?  I need to make a golf trip your way one of these days.

The drive, the 3-wood, and the 60’ putt for the eagle...

bam!

• Like 6

Hit some flushed long irons today that were very satisfying...

• Like 1

Long par four and I have a 205 yard approach. I hit 3H and ball was fading slightly and appeared to hit the green and run off the right side. Looked for a few mins and couldn't believe that I couldn't find it. Just as I'm about to give up I find the ball on a recessed sprinkler head just off the fringe. Chipped in for birdie!

• Like 3

215 par 3, reached with my Hybrid, but caught the hill and it rolled all the way back to the other side of the green leaving me about an uphill 75 footer, with about a 3’ break right.

got it to die into the cup for the bird. Booya!

• Like 4

Stuck an 8 iron to 2 feet on an elevated par 3 this morning.  And, yes, I made the putt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Had 178 to front pin into the wind. Really wanted to hit 6i but the wind was picking up due to storm moving in. Opted for 5i and left it 6 inches for a bird attempt. Swing and the feel of the shot was buttery smooth and I almost needed a smoke after I hit it.  

Oh, made the putt. 

• Like 3