Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

This damn 7w I got just continues to impress. Had two long approaches I hit with it today, both from the 180 mark or so. Both started well left and faded beautifully right and were like lasers toward the flags. Both wound up rolling past and were long, but I'll take those shots any day when faced with using my 5i instead. Man I love this club!!!😍

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

My shot of the day was a 143 yard 8 iron from the rough, for eagle. That shot made my day.... and I couldn't have cared less about my score after that! 

I birdied the hole before that and parred the last hole, which is called the hardest finishing hole in Stark County (Ohio). Pretty good day!

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

Came the closest I ever have to a hole in one. It rained like crazy yesterday so the greens were super soft, I plugged my 60* 8 inches from the pin from 95 yards playing our local par 3 course.

IMG_3776.PNG

• Like 5

Today it was a super delicate short flop, that came to rest 6” left of the pin. Hardest part of shot was hitting it soft enough to stay on the green, but hard enough to clear the rough.

• Like 4

Today’s shots of the day was a killer drive, a 9 iron to 6 feet, and draining the birdie putt on the hardest hole on the track...

bam!

• Like 3

Almost had my 5th hole-in-one today: 9 iron 136 into 15 mph breeze - SO close and my wife was with me and she hasn't seen any of mine. She still hasn't :(

IMG_4090.jpg

It hit - bounced forward and spun back. So close and yet so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Watched Marin Hall at lunch on how to hit a low hop and stop pitch shot. 

So tonight I had 29 yard (see arccos) pitch  shot.  So I remembered the tip--to hit it low--ow hands going back and low hands on follow through. Put the ball back in the stance.  Took an aggressive pass wiith the 58* slightly delofted.  

The ball flew about two feet high.  Took one big bounce and stopped on a dime pin high two feet from the hole.   Easy putt for bogey due to coming up short on the approach wedge. After having to layup before a hazard on my 2nd shot due to a poor drive.  

F13A2E9F-2012-4182-9840-7A0BB923B241.jpeg

• Like 5

I hit a six iron that actually went 5 yards too far, but it was as pure as the driven snow...

these mizzy blades just make the prettiest little draw you’ve ever hit. Just love them..

• Like 3

I consider this a very lucky shot, but such is golf. Here's an overview of the hole:

image.png

Then it's tough to see what happened so I zoomed in:

5BB823C5-B046-4FD4-B752-22237E3A54EC.jpeg

That's right, you're seeing it correctly. A wide open flop shot that brought down the rain as it cleared the bunker, hopped once, and dropped in the cup. I guess we make our own luck but I was genuinely surprised at the result. Best part was I didn't even have to make a putt. 😯

• Like 5

Hit a 9 iron into the green of one of the par 5's that struck the pin and came to rest within 2 feet of the hole.  Tap in birdie.

• Like 6

Sunk a 41 footer for birdie on the par 3 2nd.

• Like 5

Just practicing... but hitting the 250 marker on the 2nd hop, 6 times in a row (on purpose) with the 2 Hybrid were the shots of the day.

• Like 4

Had this after my tee shot on a par 4 playing with my 2 bros and cousins husband this morning before I left buffalo 

DA034489-5ED4-426F-B4C0-865DFC97AAA9.jpeg

• Like 7

5 par, Second hole, pulled my drive into severe rough with a steep uphill lie. Got a 25° Hybrid at about 2/3 strength and got it back in play. Had 166 left, and hit a 6 iron to about 8 feet, and made the putt !,! Birdie!!!

not sure which shot I liked better between the Hybrid or the 6 iron. Probably the 6 iron because it was the first of many good iron shots in the day with the “new” swing

• Like 5

Played Mt Snow on Sunday.  A few shots were nice.  No birdies.  I was torn over what club to pull for a 151 back pin par 3 over water slightly downhill.  I decided 8 would carry the water and probably land center green.  

I got all of it.  It was eleveenteen-eighty-seven feet high, and climbing. Holy geez, sit down!!  It carried the pin, landed on the fringe and stopped dead.  15' two putts later for par.  🙂 My only three and a terrible front 9 51.  42 on the back got me to a 93 :).  Memorables on the back were teeing a short par 5 with 3w, then a 3w approach from 225 that went left but hole high.  Duffing another 3w tee on the next par 5, having to go PW to place 2nd shot atop a steep hill, then 3w as far as it would go to get me near greenside to pitch on. 🙂

• Like 3

I hit a 4 iron today that was just stabbed in the heart. Got some air, and went a long ways with just a baby draw. Made my day...

• Like 5

Yesterday it was on the Par 5, 16th. Just by chance I took this photo of the hole with dad hitting his second. He had 270
To the hole from here, my ball was up ahead on the same line.

The hole plays 518 from the white tees and I had 197 to the front and 216 to the pin tucked back.

Downhill lie with the ball above my feet I figured it would add 2-3* of loft so I pulled a 4 iron.

One of those swings where it feels so pure, I hit a soft low draw that started at the right side of the green and landed short. Unfortunately it checked up and didn’t roll out.

Oh, and I made 5 on the hole 🤣

IMG_7885.JPG

• Like 3

I guess it was a 7 iron from 150 to about 10 feet. Just a clean, pured hit.

• Like 3

I hit Heavenwood on a 225 yard par 3 that maybe got 3 feet off the ground, max. The hole is slightly downhill so I figured it would end up OK. After my son's second shot I told him I needed to figure out where my ball was. He looked at me like I was an idiot and pointed it out on the green about 7-8' past the pin. Left the birdie putt just inches short.

• Like 5

I had two shots today in my round where I couldn't do anything else right. The first came on the third hole where I hit a personal best with the driver.Screenshot_20190727-122029-01.jpeg
That +18 was as I was sitting on the eighth tee waiting on the group ahead of me to play. I was behind slow players all day, if you wanted to know how bad it was for me hitting the ball.

The other shot was on the par 3 16th. I hit my tee shot way left into the 17th fairway where I tried to clear a tree, but clipped it and the ball came to rest on a severe down slope. I hit the next shot to 14 feet. I did two putt for the double bogey, but I was proud of hitting a good shot from that lie.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2