Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

Haha

my putting was actually great that day, lag putts were killer and did make a few, just seemed to barely miss all the birdies.  A few lipped, one inch short, etc...

but the old evnroll is great

• Like 2

I didn't have one worth mentioning today 🙂  Just a really poor day of golf (and a tournament to boot!).

Easy call today... one hop slam dunked a 100 yd sand wedge for eagle on the 3 toughest hole.

second place was a short chip for eagle that lipped out... oh so close! Threw darts today and it was fun!

• Like 3

Rolled through the green on a short par 4 into the wind and stayed on fringe. Left the 45 footer 6 feet short and couldn't make the birdie 😞

Screenshot_20190811-212924.png

• Like 2

Hit a couple 3-woods on par 5’s that left short chip shots for easy pars, and missed birdy opportunities...

• Like 4

The 12th hole at Waterville Golf Course is a driveable 250 yard par 4 that I've been trying to hit for months.
20190520_114213-01.jpeg

Usually I'll have either the distance of the accuracy, but not both. Today it happened! I hit a fade of the tee box that I thought was short and maybe a bit right. I drove down to the green and that's when I saw my ball sitting on the putting surface. Honestly, I started laughing in disbelief. I left myself with a 26 foot right to left breaker for eagle. I missed about 3 inches high and rolled past about 4 feet.
20190816_170610-02.jpeg

Also shot a personal best 88.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

190 yard 3 hybrid to about 15 foot from a tucked pin...pond to the left, bunkers to the right.  Playing a scramble and all 4 of us missed the putt 😞 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Had 3 putts from a few yards off the green, made one, and narrowly missed the other 2. Good par savers.

• Like 4

Toed a 3 wood of the tee that struck a PVC boundary stake, shattering it as if it exploded.  Ball still went OB and I took a double on the hole, but it was cool to watch that stake exlode!!!!  🙂  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I’ve been working on getting my driver to hit a cut shot, and keep it in play. 2 outta 3 made it today.

• Like 1

Was really windy today and I had just made my first birdie of the day on the par 5 7th when I hit a terrible tee shot on a short par 4 8th. The eighth is a narrow hole with trees on the right and out of bounds left. The wind was into out of the left and I tried to hit a low cut like I had on the previous hole but the ball got away from me and I hit it into the trees on the right. The ball was in the rough but I had a shot - I was 169 yards out into a strong breeze to a back right flag but I had a lot of tree trouble. I needed to hit a shot that started out low and faded 20 yards or so. I hit a 5 iron that did just as I needed it to and ended up in the middle of the green with about a 25 foot putt. I made a really solid 2 putt and kept the momentum going. Felt really good to pull that shot off. 

• Like 4

On 8/9/2019 at 1:24 PM, Sluggo42 said:

A long , long par 4, hit a solid drive but still had 190. Hit a nice Hybrid to front green edge that got me to a par. A par on that hole is like a birdie really.

My course has one of those par 4s. Listed as 428 yards, dogleg left that begins 225 out from the tee box. The hole turns left but the fairway slopes down and right, and the green is massively uphill from the fairway

Best bet is to carry it 225+ straight, hit the top of the hill marking the dogleg in the left rough and let to release down to the middle of the fairway. I've hit a few 250 yard drives on this hole this year and have never had less than a 5-iron into the green. Bogey is a good score for most, and the one birdie I have had all season felt like an eagle!

• Like 5

Had 4 birdies yesterday, most from good approach shots. But one I got from rolling a putt about 25’, so that putt was my shot of the day...

• Like 3

There is one hole at the course I regularly play, a 550 yard par 5. Tee shot is level and there is a large oak on the right third of the sightline about 200 yards out. It’s a good starting line for a draw but you need to avoid it or it’ll eat your ball. The nice part is that this line is a giant funnel for balls and if you hit it proper, your ball runs out to approximately 210-190 depending on how wet the ground is.

I hit a nice drive and had 215 to a back pin on a large green. Ball above my feet and I pulled a 4 iron.

Medium high draw at the right side of the green that landed up front and chased to about 12’. Made my birdie and went to the 8th hole.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

In league Tuesday evening:

268523329_Hole14.thumb.png.67fd90d8fff5c6555cb03ceb2f6098c1.png

About a month ago on this hole, I was in similar position off the tee and hit a 3H and ended up very close to the bunker behind the green. The ground is hard and has a good slope down to the green over the last 50-ish yards. This week, the second shot took a huge first bounce and ended up on the front edge of the green. This green is actually a little tricky because the natural slope of the ground (slopes down towards the back) making it a little difficult for me to figure out what is going on with the green itself. Is it flat, or uphill from the front? I also could not figure out the break - I could convince myself it would go either way. Then one of my partners had a putt that was kind of similar angle which confirmed my initial thought that the putt would break left. It broke right. I think I was also a little tentative since I was unsure of the break. The good news is I had a putt for eagle. The bad news is I walked off with a par.

• Like 4

Sidehill, thick rough, small window, 30yard draw. Actually hit the green, then 3-putted for a bogie...gahhh

• Like 1

First hole of the day - 380 yard par 4 - hit a great tee shot that left me with 73 yards. I hit a little 3/4 53* to here:

IMG_4346.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I realize that this thread anticipates a good shot but when you shoot an 81 because you took 6 from 100 yards in the middle of the fairway there’s a different story to the round, a shot that truly changed things.

I could have hit a shank, a skull or a chunk made bogey and broke 80 at least. As I stood in the fairway, wedge in hand I was thinking, birdie!

And then I took the club back and as I did all of the chunks that I’ve hit on that hole (never with wedge always from much further back) came flooding to mind. I hit a skanky half top, half skull that rolled along the ground up into a trap under the lip.

By the time I was done I had rolled in a great 10 footer for triple.

That wedge was my shot of the day - should have hit gap wedge instead. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2