Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

If anyone is familiar with the Copperhead Course at Innisbrook resort, mine came on the 5th hole (our 14th after a back 9 start). The 5th is a long par 5 with an uphill tee shot with the landing area framed by bunkers, where you are typically left with a blind second shot over the crest of the hill that gently rolls back down to the green.

i pulled my tee shot left into the trees and had nothing but a punch back into play option that left me about 260 yards out in the fairway (where my drive ought to have landed)

My shot of the day was the 4-iron I pured from there with a nice high draw that carried the right center of the hill. As we crested the hill in the cart, we located my ball sitting about 35 yards out from the green dead center.

After all the pitching and putting, I still made 7 but it was enough to win the hole and set me up to win my match play singles match 2 and 1.

• Like 7

I guess I liked 18th approach best, 108 over the water feature. Landed pin high, bounced about 6 or 7 feet, then spun back to a kick in birdie

55BA8254-6DF1-43EA-8A16-200F4E9CD52C.thumb.jpeg.06f19149fa6281710d97ea19b535720e.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

I guess I liked 18th approach best, 108 over the water feature. Landed pin high, bounced about 6 or 7 feet, then spun back to a kick in birdie

55BA8254-6DF1-43EA-8A16-200F4E9CD52C.thumb.jpeg.06f19149fa6281710d97ea19b535720e.jpeg

And when you approached the green you for sure take out your ball mark repair tool and wave it around so everyone can see you made a ball mark. 🙂    Seriously, very nice shot.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was driving it a little straighter, and already had hit one "bomb" of 248 yards, 🤣

So on the 9th hole, i closed the face 1 more degree, took the club back and really let it rip.  My back foot slipped out during contact, as my front foot was coming off the ground.  "oh s***!"  I went down.  I fell onto my side and actually hurt my arm and leg for a second.  So, aside from being embarassed, I was in a little pain. 

"Hey I don't know if you saw where that went, it's dead center"  🤣

It wasn't the longest shot at about 230 but everything worked itself out 🙂

• Like 3

Seems like it's been forever since I've had something to post here
Final hole of men's league round this am. 
8 iron 119 yards out in the right rough into a breeze to an elevated green.  Blind shot requiring a cut around some trees. The green is guarded by a bunker front right.  Pin is back middle. 
I made the birdie putt

DC72C73C-7DCB-4609-8E43-80D69916B1B9.thumb.jpeg.ba10dd9ebf13445b94c408d4b316292c.jpeg

Your description sounds like another ho hum shot!
Nice putt

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Your description sounds like another ho hum shot!
Nice puttemoji12.png

You were just being too kind to avoid saying....Why in the world would you have put your tee shot into such a place....ha

Guess I wanted a challenge for the final hole.   The ironic thing is...one of my playing partners was literally 10 yards in front of me, but completely blocked out by the tree line, so he had to punch out almost backwards to have a shot, and ended up with a triple.   Funny how to balls so close to each other had such different fates...🙄

Yeah and he had the nerve to ask me to mark the putt just out to the right as it was in his lne....LOL  J/K

• Like 2

You were just being too kind to avoid saying....Why in the world would you have put your tee shot into such a place....ha
Guess I wanted a challenge for the final hole.   The ironic thing is...one of my playing partners was literally 10 yards in front of me, but completely blocked out by the tree line, so he had to punch out almost backwards to have a shot, and ended up with a triple.   Funny how to balls so close to each other had such different fates...
Yeah and he had the nerve to ask me to mark the putt just out to the right as it was in his lne....LOL  J/K

It was your incredible golf skill that enabled you to pull that off.
That would be my story !!
Nice shot!

• Like 1

11th hole Par 3 today at Reservoir Creek. Uphill 153 into the wind to a back pin. Would usually be an 8 iron but went with a smooth cut 7.

Landed it 6’ behind the hole and rolled it right past the hole to about 4’. Made the 2nd birdie of the day and proceeded to bogey the next hole

• Like 4

Been too long since I’ve had something to post here... I’d have to say my best shot today was a good sand save to 2 feet on the 14th when my round really could have gotten away from me. It probably wasn’t the best shot I hit, but it was one that mattered the most as far as score went. 

• Like 7

Beautiful long 4 wood straight down the middle on a par 4- duffed the 6 iron 2nd- then a 9 iron that bounced twice, checked and trickled into the cup for a birdie 3. Easy game this😂

• Like 9

Got away with a poorly struck drive that somehow got through a tree and ended up in the fairway leaving me 165 yards to a front pin.  Stuck a 6 iron 2 inches from the pin for a tap in birdie.

• Like 7

Vodka on the 19th!

🤪

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Par 4, 18th hole at Pine Hills. I hit my drive up the left side, and wanting to avoid water further up on the left, hit my 5i well to the right and in some trees. Nothing too bad, but I knew I had to go low to avoid branches. I hit a punch 7i that smacked the pin and landed 1" from the cup. One of our playing partners then chipped up, clipped my ball, and ended up in the hole. I still got the par!

IMG_5481.JPG

• Like 4

Hole #8 is a par 5 dog leg left which is not reachable for me. 3h to center of fairway then the plan was to draw a 7i around the corner leaving a wedge in. Problem is it didnt draw and ende up in a bunker 115 out with trees between me and the stick.  Grabbed a wedge and went through a shot checklist with standing tall being the important on this shot. Stuck it to 10' which leftme estatic as I was on a run of 7 pars at that time. Left ball 1 roll short for 2 putt par. 

• Like 4

15th hole on my first round since injuring my neck.  I flushed a 3 iron 250 down the middle.  What made my day was: 

#1 - I didnt hurt myself.

#2 - I shot my handicap, despite the time off.

#3 - After that shot on 15, my playing partner said to me, “I really envy your iron game.”

I’m back, baby!

• Like 7

This hole cuts hard left at the end. Where u see bunker far in the distance it cuts 90 degrees left about 30 yards and up a hill to a plateau for the green.

My tee off I hit it on left side. I decided to chance it and cut the trees. Worked out and landed a chip away on the left side of green.

Personally I was amazed it worked out that well.

IMG_2212.JPG.4efe97b3463b201d9c6d709996a9b7c2.JPG

• Like 4

More like Flub of the day. About 185 out and downhill. Was going to either lay up with a 6 and chip on from there or try straight on with my 3 hybrid and catch the roll if I need be. Btw I hate my 3 hybrid. Hate it.
So what do I do?
Yep, 3 damn hybrid. I wind up in the water on the left and lost a shot. Oh well some day I may learn :)

IMG_2250.JPG

• Like 4

Push fade 4-iron took a bad bounce just right of the surface, followed by a worse bounce. Came to rest 35 yards right of the hole - in bounds but a really nasty lie of thick St. Augustine creeping in from someone’s backyard. Short sided, so speed + loft was the only real option, but comes with a high tariff when you’re dealing with that sort of healthy running grass. Took a big swipe, came out high and soft with some spin and rolled in the center like a putt. Happy it found the cup - never want to hit that shot again. Eagle (3) - Thank you very little.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

High 5 wood from 215 to 5 feet on a par 5. Made the eagle putt!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2