Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

165 to the pin from the bunker on the left where the carts are. Put it on within 5 feet of the pin with a 6. Not sure I could purposely replicate that again :)

IMG_2378.JPG

• Like 3

More a story but...

Playing Stableford. Slightly down in score. Last hole. Really dark. Darker than pic (lightened it up to see hole in pic. Hole right to left).

We can’t really see other side.

Leader puts ball on edge of green. My buddy who is out already puts it on green. I am short bottom right.

I chip on to 5 feet of pin.

Leader putts and is short about 7 feet.

My buddy out.

If I get it in and he doesn’t we tie. If he gets it in he wins.

I’m up first. I put it in.

Pressure now on leader.

He putts it in.

Was a good effort. :)

IMG_2412.JPG.8fa4b58d372b41f88bfb603046cfaa25.JPG

• Like 3

#12 Par 3 131 yards......used an 8 iron(Ben Hogan Ptx)

IMG_1690.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Tommy Armour Impact #3 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

• Like 5

My shot of the day (yesterday) was a breaking putt about 5 feet on one of our tougher putting holes on the 27 hole course, well known for ruining rounds.  The green slopes fairly steeply from back to front and is fast and caused many a 3 putt and worse when you're above or to the side of the hole.  What made this special was my teammate had just chipped in for birdie, then remarks for me to go ahead and drain the putt to tie his birdie and that he didn't care about the skin.  Well, as soon as he heard the plunk of the ball hitting the bottom of the cup, he exclaimed "I was only kidding!  I wanted the skin!".  We both laughed.  (But I stoked on that hole and he didn't, so I tied the gross skin with him, but won the net skin).

• Like 4

Not me but we. 3 of us tee off and spun off to our right (left side of pic.) down near the trap. All in same area. We all chip on and 1 putt in. Pretty much identical shots.

IMG_2069.JPG

• Like 2

Here it is.  A beaut of a 2 hybrid.  Settled at around 9 feet.  Drained the eagle putt.

3636A697-95DA-4B60-A58C-C2C9396DB501.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Monstrous Shanks!

mine was a less monstrous, 8 iron from 135 outta the rough, above my feet, over the water, up the backstop, and back down to 8 feet. Missed the putt...

• Like 2

The end result wasnt what  I was looking, but the execution of the was spot on minus club selection. 

Had a 126y  to the stick out of a fairway bunker. Over a tall tree and a greenside bunker as well. Took 9i which I figured if I hit it well would be too much. Wanted to get it to the though.

Stood tall with no fear and ripped it. It was too much and landed a couple yards long, rolled off, then down the slope. 

It made this my shot of of the day waas that two years ago I would have had a high % to leave it in the bunker or chunk it out halfway to my target.

Two years ago many of my rounds were spent on an empty course while solo. I took the opurtunity to play 2-3 shots from bunkers, weird lies, chips, and most any shot I felt like I needed work on. 

• Like 1

Last shot of the day on 18, 125 9 iron...

didnt miss the putt this time...

73F498DB-0F36-4DA8-8028-613DDE66496B.thumb.jpeg.048d044074f9518def8b80da6ca0e8cd.jpeg

• Like 4