Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, downlowkey said:

Sheesh - tough crowd.

Okay - how about this post vinegar shot... errr... shot... looking down on Boulder from the top of Mount Sanitas today?

It wasn’t blowing more than 60 knots at the summit. Should have brought an old club and a few pelotas - could have used it as a walking stick for the descent.

0E592188-477C-4E35-814E-E80DEE48912F.thumb.jpeg.650acc1e57ef12b883092b4f33f672e2.jpeg

Is that one of the mountain courses with a steep downhill par 3?  I can't see the green.  😂

I love Boulder.  Stayed a lot of nights there when I was working at Rocky Flats... which is now no longer there.

• Like 1

Sheesh - tough crowd.
Okay - how about this post vinegar shot... errr... shot... looking down on Boulder from the top of Mount Sanitas today?
It wasn’t blowing more than 60 knots at the summit. Should have brought an old club and a few pelotas - could have used it as a walking stick for the descent.
0E592188-477C-4E35-814E-E80DEE48912F.thumb.jpeg.650acc1e57ef12b883092b4f33f672e2.jpeg

Didn’t know there was a Mt Santa Klaus

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Didn't play even close to my normal standards today, but somewhere around the 12th or 13th hole I finally "found it". Anyway, after tugging my tee shot left on 15 I decided to play the hero shot (not like my day was going to get much worse). So, standing 200 yards away under a tree left of the cart path and needing to punch something super low underneath a low branch roughly 20 yards in front of me, I opted for a stinger 3-wood. I wanted the ball to start low and rise because not far beyond the branch I needed to go under, there was a mound I needed to go over. Instinctively, I gripped down, placed the ball in toward the back of my stance and hit down. THWACK! The ball took off like a rocket exactly as hoped and peeled right avoiding the left bunker and finishing just a couple paces off the front of the green. I used the putter from there to get within 2' and finished for par. 🙂 🙂 🙂 

IMG_0789.thumb.jpg.0305f35896f1e27720aaefd55120c209.jpg

Had to do an edit to update with a picture of the actual spot this was played from after teeing it up on this course again today. Hope I never return to this spot because it’s guaranteed I can’t do it again. 😂😂😂

ED9D787E-6D55-407C-AFD0-028B50EC2B50.thumb.jpeg.5ef2ab1b34031fed12b6e0ed9297f04e.jpeg

• Like 6

Hit a nice Hybrid 180 yds to 6’.

missed the putt

• Like 3

Ripped a few 3 woods off the deck today, hands higher... interesting

• Like 3

Sunday, I slam dunked a 50 yard shot for a bird. 

• Like 5

Got on a long par 5 in-two. Missed the putt haha

• Like 2

A GW to 25 feet.

Sounds bizarre for a single digit guy but I was heading to a nine of 45 plus - that shot righted they ship on 6 and I kept making pars afterwards - shot 37 on the back and made 80 rather than 90

• Like 4

9 iron straight down wind from 145, bounced 3 feet short of the pin and hit the pin 4 feet from the ground. Finished about 10 foot from the hole . Got lucky that it didn't bounce much further away. Couldn't believe my eyes as I watched it come into the green.  To say I went through a range of emotions in a few seconds would be understating it.

• Like 3

#9 yesterday, standing in the fairway sitting on even par thus far on day. Green is bisected in middle with a ridge running acrossed left to right making it two tiered. Fairway slopes heavily left to right so I'm standing with ball below feet, 148yd to a front pin. Thinks to self, "try and rip 9 iron knowing I need it all and be 100% perfection, or 3/4 an 8 iron and be sure to not get above the shelf." The ball below feet made that discussion easy, not comfortable with that hard a 9 iron with ball below me. Played the 3/4 8 iron, flush it, we all hear the ball make that nice instant "swooooooooooosh" through the air as it leaves and before it even reaches it's apex I call out loud, "Go in".......still flying and now on descent down I call it again "oh go in." Ball hits just adjacent to pin, gets alittle of slope and rolls next to cup, couple inches away.

Did not go in but was told "don't bring your putter you won't need that," and get to make the turn to back 9 at -1

Edited by Trial&Error
  • Like 2

I hate to post this here but I need to cleanse.

Today was my day off - it started at 8 when I got a txt that someone was dying - went to do her last rites

She was somewhat alert but clearly on her way out - she’s a delightful 92 year old. While holding her hand I got another message - a 1 year old baby in ICU was on his way out - with all the strength my dear member could muster she said grunted. “Go!” I went, an hour away.

Had a 1230 tee time.

Got to the hospital - prayed, read Bible, sang Jesus loves me and other children’s hymns - I sing pretty well. He passed at 134.

Left around 2 and played 9, still stunned by the day just hit and walked, hit and walked.

On nine ducked hooked my drive behind some trees, punched a 6 iron from behind some trees to an impossible spot above the hole - on a sprinkler head - drop left me in the fringe, straight down hill. Side hill, left to right - 58, opened up, moved it two feet - still into the fringe but just as I saw it, down and down it trickled into the hole.

Shot of a lifetime

• Like 7

@revkev man you've got a tough job, not one that I could do.

• Like 1

I hate to post this here but I need to cleanse.

Today was my day off - it started at 8 when I got a txt that someone was dying - went to do her last rites

She was somewhat alert but clearly on her way out - she’s a delightful 92 year old. While holding her hand I got another message - a 1 year old baby in ICU was on his way out - with all the strength my dear member could muster she said grunted. “Go!” I went, an hour away.

Had a 1230 tee time.

Got to the hospital - prayed, read Bible, sang Jesus loves me and other children’s hymns - I sing pretty well. He passed at 134.

Left around 2 and played 9, still stunned by the day just hit and walked, hit and walked.

On nine ducked hooked my drive behind some trees, punched a 6 iron from behind some trees to an impossible spot above the hole - on a sprinkler head - drop left me in the fringe, straight down hill. Side hill, left to right - 58, opened up, moved it two feet - still into the fringe but just as I saw it, down and down it trickled into the hole.

Shot of a lifetime

Great shot,
Better man than me, couldn’t do what you do.

• Like 3

Two today: 

220 out into the wind on a par 5. Beautiful hybrid pin high for an easy two putt birdie 

After a poor drive I was 197 out, light rough, into the wind with the pin up front and the green sloped front to back. Hit a beautiful 4 iron that landed on the left front of the green and stopped 5 feet from its landing spot (shout-out bridgestone tour b x) and left me 12 feet for birdie 

• Like 2

17th hole, 596 yard par 5, hole 8 for me today, I had 118 yards to the pin, slight breeze in the face. Pulled the 54* Vega, flushed it, and watched that baby go right at the flag landing 6 feet past. Felt, and looked, SO good!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

175 to pin, hit a 5 iron with my new Ptx Pro’s that ended up about 8 feet past the pin. Couldn’t have missed the hole by more than an inch. Then missed the birdie putt...

• Like 3

200 yd second shot on a par 5 came up 1" short from an albatross (would have been my second). Yes I made the putt for eagle.

#8 on River Wilderness, Parrish FLA.

Had a cool shot on #18 too. After a bad drive, hit a 180 yd punch shot under a tree, over a creek, uphill on to the green. Then sunk the putt for birdie.

38HQRfM[1].jpg

• Like 4

5 wood from 176 into 20mph wind. Holed it out for an eagle, very pleasant surprise when I couldn't see my ball on the green.

• Like 8

Tried my buddies new SIm and absolutely crushed it, probably close to 300. Those clubs are legit

• Like 1

Played my first 9 holes of 2020 yesterday. I didn't use my driver until the 6th hole as I haven't been to a driving range yet. I have no idea how it happened, but I hit a dead straight shot for a 264yd carry.

And I know it was all carry because the ground was so soft. 

(Ignore the label of 3wood. I haven't put an Arccos tag in my driver yet)
image.thumb.png.bd652451e6b8689ee6331ddea98b3968.png

• Like 3