Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

Today it was a 5 iron on the 160 yard Par 3 #17 at Plantation Palms....planted it just 8 feet in front of the Pin.....rolled over the edge and made the putt coming back for par.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Three-way tie for best shots of the day, all putts.  After solid putting performance yesterday, today was better with a number of times the putter bailed me out.  The three best were:  a 10 ft, down hill L to R saved bogie after a stroke and distance penalty, a 15 footer with 3 feet of break to save par after driving it deep in the woods, and an 8 foot double breaker down hill for birdie. 

• Like 4

Three-way tie for best shots of the day, all putts. After solid putting performance yesterday, today was better with a number of times the putter bailed me out. The three best were: a 10 ft, down hill L to R saved bogie after a stroke and distance penalty, a 15 footer with 3 feet of break to save par after driving it deep in the woods, and an 8 foot double breaker down hill for birdie.

Sounds like a solid short/putting game! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Played in a recent scramble and my driving was off but had about 9 approach shots from 100-140 and put them all to about 15 ft. Hopefully that continues with my own ball when I play next.

• Like 1

Way to go Lefty, putting under pressure.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hit a drive over the hilly on a par 4. Hill is out there about 225 and has probably a good 10 feet of elevation plus had a steady breeze in my face. Smashed driver down the pipe which set up a routinish par on a pretty tough hole.

• Like 2

Nothing spectacular but fun. Hit a 6 iron into the wind, slight right to left with pin tucked back left. Started it right side of green and rode the wind to about 12 feet short but online. Missed the putt.

• Like 2

Par 3, 124 yards. Hit a 52 degree wedge with my draw perfectly for the first (and only) time of the day to 15ft away and then made the birdie putt.

• Like 3

My shot of the day was on the 6th hole at Mt. Prospect Golf Course.  Its a wide open 465 yd uphill Par 4 with a green that slopes back to front.  I pulled driver with visions of pummelling it out there 270+. I lined up to the right edge of the fairway thinking a nice easy draw.

Unfortunately, I instead hit a nasty low hook.  My drive went about 200yds and ended up in the left rough.   Luckily it was sitting up.   My laser was reading 225 to pin, so I pulled my 3 Hybrid hoping to get about 210 to 215 and some roll out of it.   Instead I hit a beautiful draw this time that flew right over the flag stick and landed softly at 240 yards.   I actually managed to putt decently for once and escaped with a par.

• Like 1

“Missed the putt”..

I missed the putt most of the day... but

I did make one to save par from about 15 feet that seemed nice after back to back birds. Thus keepin me clean for 10 holes in a row. Until that ended the next hole... doh!

• Like 3

This drive. Half-club wind quartering from behind me, right to left. Tee was elevated 10 feet above the fairway.

Crushed it! It ran quite awhile!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Tuesday on the last hole of a swat I hit my drive down the middle then a 3wood for 245 to 10 feet. And then buried the putt myself. Nice little own ball eagle

• Like 1

Tuesday on the last hole of a swat I hit my drive down the middle then a 3wood for 245 to 10 feet. And then buried the putt myself. Nice little own ball eagle

Nice!

I putted from 5 feet off the green for eagle and rimmed it! Almost....

But I missed the putt haha. But a tap in bird...

• Like 2

Nailing the “perfect putt” on My Putt Out from 17' on my lunch break. A tiger fist pump followed immediately after.

• Like 1

Today was a practice day in my yard. Ive decided to send the cobra wedges to the scrap yard, I hate them.

Grabbed my old Taylormade wedges and began to absolutely compress the ball. Was hitting the 60° further and more accurately than the cobra 57° (about 95 yards). The 52° Taylormade is going 125-130. The cobras just seem to fall out of the sky. Good bye cobras.

• Like 1

Today was a practice day in my yard. Ive decided to send the cobra wedges to the scrap yard, I hate them.

Grabbed my old Taylormade wedges and began to absolutely compress the ball. Was hitting the 60° further and more accurately than the cobra 57° (about 95 yards). The 52° Taylormade is going 125-130. The cobras just seem to fall out of the sky. Good bye cobras.

Hunh. You'd seemed really intent on acquiring those... Well if you're tossing 'em I'll take 'em ;-)

(or if you put them in the Classifieds I'll take a look)

• Like 1

Hunh. You'd seemed really intent on acquiring those... Well if you're tossing 'em I'll take 'em ;-)

(or if you put them in the Classifieds I'll take a look)

Trying to come up with a combo price. I have 53° used, 57° used and a mint 61°. The 57° shows the most wear, but it's not too bad. One good Knick on the face from a stone in a bunker.
  • Like 1

The family and I finished off the week of vacation playing The Currituck Club. On #9, I was able to hit my 3 wood dead center of the fairway 220yds. Left 102 to the pin. The rest of the hole was forgettable. But that drive was fun to watch fly.

• Like 3

Epic day of sorts-

Shot of the day was my second shot of the day, at 6:45 am.

A 223 yard 3 wood on a beastly par 4, onto the green,

Then I missed the putt...

• Like 2