What was your Shot of the Day?

Our Sponsors

This drive, I just plain don’t hit it that far (or haven’t in a really long time at least not without significant help)
IMG_1064.JPG

Pushed the hybrid approach a bit, so not on in two, but got up and down for the birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver: Honma TW747 460 VIZARD 50 S-flex
3 wood: GigaGolf TRX 15*  Grafalloy Pursuit M2T S-flex
Hybrids: GigaGolf TRX 18* and 22* UST HDX 70 S-flex
Irons: GigaGolf TRX PowerSlot 5-PW UST HDX 80 S-flex
Wedges: GigaGolf TRX 6.0 50*, 55*, 60* Dynamic Gold S-flex
Putter: Ray Cook M1 (2020) 34”

“Golf is a good walk enhanced”

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First hole in One ever today. 173 yard Par 3 Forth at Ko’olina Golf Course in Hawaii. Slightly up hill so I pulled a 5 iron. The ball was on the flag from the time it left my club. I thought it

Every round we play, and even when we have a bad round, we still usually hit a few shots that we actually tried to do.   I had a 210 yd lie in the bark, under a big tree, with little trees in front

Almost had my first hole-in-one...

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Cory O said:

This drive, I just plain don’t hit it that far (or haven’t in a really long time at least not without significant help)
IMG_1064.JPG

Pushed the hybrid approach a bit, so not on in two, but got up and down for the birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Had a similar shot last time I played just hit the ball so much longer than normal. Of course pulled the next one into the trees, just to even things out.

• Like 1

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

Had a similar shot last time I played just hit the ball so much longer than normal. Of course pulled the next one into the trees, just to even things out.

Yep, snap hook into the tree the next drive I had after that one, fortunately it was the only bad drive of the day where my carry/total distance off the tee were longer than normal.

Driver: Tommy Armour Atomic (set your 8.5*)
3 wood: GigaGolf TRX 15*
Hybrids: GigaGolf TRX 18* and 22*
Irons: GigaGolf TRX PowerSlot 5-PW
Wedges: GigaGolf TRX 6.0 50*, 55*, 60*

Driver: Honma TW747 460 VIZARD 50 S-flex
3 wood: GigaGolf TRX 15*  Grafalloy Pursuit M2T S-flex
Hybrids: GigaGolf TRX 18* and 22* UST HDX 70 S-flex
Irons: GigaGolf TRX PowerSlot 5-PW UST HDX 80 S-flex
Wedges: GigaGolf TRX 6.0 50*, 55*, 60* Dynamic Gold S-flex

My group has "Hold My Beer" shots. 

Yesterday I pulled my second shot on a par 5 into the trees and I ended up about 110 yards from the green in deep rough with no realistic shot at the green.  The prudent play would be to punch out to the fairway, take my medicine and play for bogey.  Did I do that?  Of course not.  

I grabbed my 9 iron and yelled to my playing partner, "Hold my beer."  I hit a 3/4 iron through a small gap in the trees (it did catch one small leaf, but not enough to slow it down).  The ball drew around the next tree, just cleared a deep bunker, landed on the fringe and rolled about 10 feet past the pin.  Stupid play?  You bet.  But it was fun!   

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

Played terribly but shot of the day was on a par 3. It played about 205 today, uphill. Pretty much anything more than 5 yards short of the green is death, your ball will roll back down the hill up to 50 yards back. Normally I hit 3 hybrid, but i pulled it out of the bag to try out my new TM 3 DHY. Not comfortable yet with the 3 DHY so I pulled out my 4 hybrid. Needed it to carry at least 190. At times I can hit my 4 hybrid that far, but usually its mid trajectory with roll out that would cause the ball to go over the green. This time, took a pretty big swing and hit a high towering, soft landing hybrid, carried it at least 190 and left me with a 22 foot putt for birdie. Missed the birdie putt but made the par putt.

525337148_Attachment-1(3).jpeg.7ddc9c190cfee8ecc3db0dc74680af3a.jpeg

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

15 foot putt on 18 to finish with a birdie. Downhill, left-to-right. 

• Like 5

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

image.png.3d4f0ff33ba52db8b18f03975a94b26e.png

Wasn't having a great day (2nd round back after a 2 week hiatus, was playing 2-3 times per week) but on this hole I hit everything right. Landed on the green and stopped about 3 inches from the hole. 

• Like 2

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

In my last round I hit my drive into the trees on the right on our 15th hole. There was a bunker at the front of the green and my only option was punch out, but I was too close to a tree on my right so forward it was. I got the great idea to punch the 7 into the trap to get it to slow down and hopefully pop out. Well I pulled it off, land in the bunker one hop , catch the lip and rolled out to front of the green. Couldn't pull it off again in 100 tries.

• Like 6

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

I played Westridge Golf course. The 4th hole is a par 5 with water on the second half of the hole. Played at about 450-480 yards?

I figure it was about 265-275 to the water so I layed up with a 5w at about 230-240. Then took dead aim over the water at about 210-220 yards for the green with the 5w and landed on the left side of the green. 

Sad to say, 3 putt par, but I was stoked to be on in two on a Par 5 over water. Highlight of my year so far. 

Screenshot_20201007-104418.png

• Like 6

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

#1 hncp hole 416 par 4, into a breeze and an elevated green....

Hit my best drive of the day about 280 dead center, and had 136 left and stroked a perfect 8 iron. Easily my best two strokes of the day. 

• Like 5

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

211 yard par 3 over water, into the wind (7-10 mph) today. This hole usually gives me fits, and the tees were back as far as they go today. Hit a cut off 3 wood to 12ish feet. Uphill right to left putt that screamed green light, and made it. First birdie on that hole ever! (Hueston Woods #16, Oxford, OH)

• Like 4

So I went out to play in my local league yesterday... I wasn't playing bad, was striking the ball by far the best I have this year if not last year as well. Roll up to the 7th tee box Par 5 hole and high toed it OB. So I walked up and took a drop (my league doesn't count OB as a stroke just the drop) but I am behind trees. I have maybe a 5 foot window to hit through, it has to fade a good amount to get it back in the fairway because left is a blind up hill shot over water and trees not to mention I am still over 300 yards out. I pulled out my 3 wood and whacked away. Was a beautiful shot turn right back onto fairway, left myself 110 to green and two putt tap in for bogey. Its shots like that, that bring me out again and again. 

• Like 5

Driver:   :ping-small:  - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:   :nike-small:  - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:   :nike-small:  - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:    :adams-small:  - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:   :titelist-small: - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:   :odyssey-small:  - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:    :titelist-small:  NXT Tour

Bag:cobra-small: - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

hit the 3-wood really crispy today, good height and distance...

• Like 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Bear Creek. 18th, very short par 3. Over water about 126 yds. Trusty Maltby TSW 50° nearly got me my first ace. Closest I've ever come!

Still trying to hunt that illusive beast down and things are looking better than ever! 

1010201747.jpg.6612137e199b3b55a4ee01c02ac16e02.jpg

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 5

:cobra-small:  F8+ 9*/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:adams-small:  Tight Lies2  3 wood (14*) / UST ProForce V2 Black (S)

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Lamkin Sink Fit 

Best shot of the day came after the worst drive of the day.  3 wood so badly toed it left me with 200 yards to go instead of 130 if I woulda hit it decently.  5 iron to the green left me 40 feet away.  Casually drained it for a completely undeserved birdie. 

• Like 3

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

From Saturdays round my shot of the day was a slightly wind assisted uphill 289y drive up through a tiny gap between two bunkers (fluke) onto the edge of the green on a par 4. Only then to leave my first putt about 30ft short. Missed the birdie putt, though did make the next for par, felt like a dbl bogey though after that drive.

Golf, it’s some game. 

• Like 2

My best shot of the day yesterday was almost making a 50 foot putt (missed by 1 foot) with my new LAB Golf DF 2.1. Normally a missed putt isn't that awesome, but this putt was uphill two levels. If I hit the putt short at all, it would have rolled back to where i was putting from or worse. If I hit it long, I would have rolled off the back of the green.

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

This is definitely one of my luckiest shots ever, but this past Saturday I skipped one across the water to about 5 feet on a 135 par 3. 

• Like 2