Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

I was 135 out in the woods. I hit a 4 iron low and threaded it between 2 trees just shy of the had greenside bunker. Not the best shot in the world, but it was one of the rare times when I needed to be exact and was.

• Like 6

Punched it out of thick trees and hit it too hard. It went through the fairway and into the trees on the other side of the fairway. I had about 125 and just a little gap. I knocked it right through that gap and rolled it up onto the green about 20 feet away.

• Like 8

Short par 5 (around 460). Good drive in the fairway, 190 to the green. Ball slightly below my feet. I step up and rope a six iron... into the lumberyard. Now I'm playing 4, and I hit it to 18 feet and make the putt for one of the silliest pars ever. Of course, I was +6 on the front and -1 on the back, so the whole round was ridiculous.

That's golf.

• Like 3

This was from my round yesterday. 495 par 5. Ok drive, 268 downhill left to the hole. Smoked a 3 wood to just short left of the green, approx 35 yds to the pin. Hit the best pitch of my life to 2 inches from the cup. Tapped in for the birdie and ran away before someone thought I was actually a good golfer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

75 - lots of good shots - 2 stand out.

Started with bogey on my first hole - number 10 (made a 4 footer for that) But followed it by making a big time birdie on my second hole. 137 into a brutal left to right Alberto wind (2 clubs? 3 clubs? Who knows). Hit a 7 iron hole high 25 feet and rolled the sucker in. Shot 37 on that 9.

Second 9 was a slog, cross winds, into the wind, just brutal. We weren't even getting yardage's - you just had to feel your way around. 17 - 370 with a left to right helping cross wind. A pond fronts the green at 240 in the shortest point and 290 if you have the nerve to risk OB left. I always hit 3 wood and leave like 140 - hit a great 3 wood - then hit the most beautiful 9 iron draw that flattened into the wind took one hop and sat 5 feet from the hole. Rolled in a hard breaking right to left putt - gave myself a chance to break 75. Just missed that 20 footer on 9 (18). Tapped in for 75.

That's my number - when I'm playing my game 75 is par for me - under it is great but that will come soon enough.

Digging this weight loss and the G Ping stuff (plus my SLDR hybrids and 3HL fairway wood). And my EVNroll ER 5 and SCOR wedges.

I love my equipment right now. It fits

• Like 6

75 - lots of good shots - 2 stand out.

Started with bogey on my first hole - number 10 (made a 4 footer for that) But followed it by making a big time birdie on my second hole. 137 into a brutal left to right Alberto wind (2 clubs? 3 clubs? Who knows). Hit a 7 iron hole high 25 feet and rolled the sucker in. Shot 37 on that 9.

Second 9 was a slog, cross winds, into the wind, just brutal. We weren't even getting yardage's - you just had to feel your way around. 17 - 370 with a left to right helping cross wind. A pond fronts the green at 240 in the shortest point and 290 if you have the nerve to risk OB left. I always hit 3 wood and leave like 140 - hit a great 3 wood - then hit the most beautiful 9 iron draw that flattened into the wind took one hop and sat 5 feet from the hole. Rolled in a hard breaking right to left putt - gave myself a chance to break 75. Just missed that 20 footer on 9 (18). Tapped in for 75.

That's my number - when I'm playing my game 75 is par for me - under it is great but that will come soon enough.

Digging this weight loss and the G Ping stuff (plus my SLDR hybrids and 3HL fairway wood). And my EVNroll ER 5 and SCOR wedges.

I love my equipment right now. It fits

Nicely done, Rev!

• Like 2

Men's league this morning: on in 2 on a par 4, 3 feet from the pin for a birdie. That one was worth 7.50 in skins

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Men's league this morning: on in 2 on a par 4, 3 feet from the pin for a birdie. That one was worth 7.50 in skins

Wilson C300's?

Yup C300 9 iron got me on the green.

I have a serious interest in them. Looking forward to your Test Results Lefty!

• Like 1

Mine from last week.

495 yard Par 5 hole from the golden tees.
I usually play this hole with 3 irons shots.

Tee shot with a 4 iron, flushed it, but turned it too much, sinking it in the water.

Take a drop, about 225 yards out. Grabbed my 5W and bam! About 10 yards left for a birdie putt, which of course I ****** up :D

I didn't know my 5W could carry that distance.

But last week I've been reaching several Par 5's in 2. That's new for me.

*distance on the card are in meters, so add 10% for yards...

b9.JPG

• Like 7

Walked nine with my son this morning. I had two memorable shots.

#2 is a short 90° dogleg par 4. It calls for a 130 yard shot into the corner, then about a 110 yarder to the green. Tee shot was a bit short, bringing the left side trees into play. Hit a GW from 110ish, ignoring the trees. Knew at impact that I had hit it well, but lost it in the sun. Then I saw it drop next to the hole.

20180530_064548.jpg

#7 is a downhill 200 yard par 3. Hit a big hook, leaving a downhill 45 yard pitch to a green that runs away. Pitched it just short of the green, hopped on, and rolled to about a foot to save par. Good feelings.

My boy Kirke (5) also had some notable shots. He buried a 21 foot putt he needed for par on 5. And then on 8 and 9 (back to back 100 yard par 4s, with 9 playing uphill), he birdied both. Nice finish for him.

• Like 6

See for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZNyU25DLyc&feature=youtu.be

5 iron

189y

Wind hurting from left

For a second, the ball hid behind the stick and I thought it went in.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

See for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZNyU25DLyc&feature=youtu.be

5 iron

189y

Wind hurting from left

For a second, the ball hid behind the stick and I thought it went in.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Awesome tee-shot Stud, but a verrrrry Ping Apologist #9-like putt..!!! wha, wha whaaaaa! :P

• Like 5

Great shot! I like the tracking!

Putting, must be a bad spot in the green

• Like 2

There are many excuses but this is the one that made the cut:

Yeah. That missed putt goes along with the theme of the thread lol. It's been years since I've played this course so I was very unfamiliar with the greens

• Like 3

OK .. I can _finally_ add something here ... Practiced this shot a few times and got to put it into play today: #3 on the short 9-hole course I play a lot is a 90 degree dogleg right, big trees guarding the corner, 140-160 out depending on the tee setup.

Took my new favorite 5i, slightly open face, and watched the ball soar nice and high and around the trees and fade into the turn and roll a few more feet right in the middle of the fairway.

• Like 3