Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

OK .. I can _finally_ add something here ... Practiced this shot a few times and got to put it into play today: #3 on the short 9-hole course I play a lot is a 90 degree dogleg right, big trees guarding the corner, 140-160 out depending on the tee setup.

Took my new favorite 5i, slightly open face, and watched the ball soar nice and high and around the trees and fade into the turn and roll a few more feet right in the middle of the fairway.

Sounds like a “Bubba” shot

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Sounds like a “Bubba” shot

Whoa no way! I should've elaborated with... "..with a slight fade around the trees.."

I was happy I was able to do it that time "on command". Now - if I could only miss those stoopit bunkers "on command"...

• Like 1

Whoa no way! I should've elaborated with... "..with a slight fade around the trees.."

I was happy I was able to do it that time "on command". Now - if I could only miss those stoopit bunkers "on command"...

OK, “Semi Bubba”!

• Like 1

League night tonight. Nothing super special, but I did save a par by dropping a 16ft putt. Downhill slight left to right. I feel like my new grip style has helped in just two weeks.

• Like 2

I threw an empty water bottle at the trash can and made it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

65 yards out, uphill green. 60* wedge... hole out for eagle 2. Lovely

• Like 6

I'm finally "over" last Monday's piss-poor showing enough to finally share my ONLY shot that actually worked that day...

Round was so bad, I can't remember what hole it was, yardage or anything, probably a par-5 that I sliced, duffed and  skulled to, but I had about a 12-foot, right-to-left (maybe 1/2 a cup) putt left for a natural par. Hit it right online and it died right at the lip-perfect. It was the only point I scored all day... :unsure:

I'm "thinking" too much and my swing is suffering... :angry: Total basket case right now...

• Like 3

Two notable wedge shots...

Hit the flag stick from 95 out; a little later holed out from 40.

• Like 4

Had two shots I thought were cool. First one was on a tight driving hole trees over hanging on the right and a small opening on the left. I hit the overhanging tree, knocked off a one inch branch, it bounced off of another tree and ended in the fairway about 60 yards shorter than it should have been but I thought it was funny. On another par 4 hit a great 3 wood to 80 yards, messed up that shot by hitting it very fat, then bounced back with an amazing 60* shot that I landed on top of a ridge where it spun and then rolled down the hill to within 4 feet where I then proceeded to make the putt for par.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I threw an empty water bottle at the trash can and made it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Haha, this makes me laugh so hard-

I take the open shot every time... usually miss, but it's funny how good it is when ya swish one.

• Like 3

Pulled my drive a hair to left edge of fairway- big tree right in my way fro a 155 uphill green.

Aimed feet to the clear shot, and hooded club to aim at green. Smoked it and it was a really cool hard draw up to 12' above the pin.

Yup- missed the putt

• Like 3

Came in to 18 needing par for 80.540ish par 5 dog leg left. Approach has creek in front, creek right, and marsh left. Pulled 2h off te and caught tree. Gambled on punch out with the same 2h through narrow opening. Made fairway and got sonm roll leaving me 205 center. Pin was cut center and downwind over a hump the down the swale to the creek. Decided on 4i and smoked it 11 feet right of stivk pin high. Misssd birdie for 80. Probabky the purest 4i in my memory. Really a tough par as the green is so big its that 3 putts are common. Only reachable in two to the longest hitters with a huge draw.

• Like 1

Birdied 10, then ripped a 7 iron to 5 feet on the par 3 11th.

Made the putt!

Heehehe

• Like 3

League night tonight. I dropped a 25ft putt. Slightly downhill with a little left to right.

It was to save a 7

• Like 2

I last played on Wednesday, but my shot of the day was definitely the tee shot on #1. I wouldn't normally pick out a tee ball for shot of the day (unless it was on a par 3), but the opening tee shot at the course I played is pretty dang tight with trees on the left and water right. I was also doing some driver testing. The last couple of rounds with my gamer, I'd hit a weak slice that would fall just short of the water. While testing a used G25 I recently picked up, I managed to bomb it 300 straight down the pipe according to Game Golf numbers.

• Like 2

Back to back shots last night. Punch hook 9 iron from the trees to back flag to 3 feet. Then playing through group on next hole. Short par 3 PW hits behind the hole spins back to 3 feet straight uphill. And made both putts. 

• Like 1

Driver driver on in two on a 599 yard Par 5, birdied the hole for the first time.

Also drove a 258 yard par 4 with my 3 wood.

Everything else sucked pretty bad. Hooking long irons and hybrid.

• Like 2

On a 186yd par 3, I hooked my shot behind some trees. Tried a pinch chip and was rejected by the trunk of a tree but fortunately it landed with a clean look at the pin. Chipped the ball to two inches from the cup for my bogey.

• Like 4

Last hole this afternoon at 18 on the Boise Ranch course. Par-4 playing around 340. Third shot from just off the the first cut of the left-side rough with about 55-yds left. Utility wedge stripped high and straight, landed about 25-ft short left and rolled to about 16-ft. 2-putt for bogie.

• Like 4

From Sunday's round, a short Par 5. I was sitting with 184 left to the pin. Hit a low 6 iron that hit in front of the green and ran up the hill to within 12 ft. The shot of the day for me was hitting the eagle putt to within 1 inch. It was a side hill, left to right putt on a slippery green. I'm happy with how my putting is progressing this season.

• Like 3