Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

TIGER IS BACK

The Dansome

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we see a few top 10's this year. And are the P730's the “Tiger Blade”? Or are they still working on that?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nope, he's playing blade that is extremely similar to an old Nike blade, but without the Nike branding

Yes, especially since Sat & Sun are the only 2 days I can watch it....lol

I am rooting for a come back, I like to watch him play.  Especially when he is playing good!

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

I am not a Tiger fan, but I think the biggest difference of him coming back this time is that he waited until his back healed before starting to hit golf balls. So he is much healthier than the past attempts, because of that, I think he will play decent, he may not contend yet, but if he stays healthy he could potentially win again, especially at courses where he traditionally has played well in the past.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Just found out one of my wife's Uncles is flying by private jet to the Bahamas to play in the Pro-Am with, I believe, Justin Rose, on Wednesday.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Perhaps, the biggest recipient of Tiger's return is The Golf Channel.   With him actually playing, it no longer requires them to spin a reason to report or mention him in their programming.   Like any fan of professional golf, I am interested to see how he performs in his return and would like to see him continue playing.  I just hope that the reporting of his return does not overshadow the play of the current crop of youngsters that are the future of professional golf.   The landscape of professional golf has changed, it has been turned to a new, younger generation.   While Tiger is and will continue to be an interesting story, he no longer is the entire story.

I just want to see him play well and inury free

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I am hopeful that he plays well, but in no way am I expecting the old Tiger to be back. Hopefully he can contend a bit during the year and add something to the game through bringing those fans back into the fold, but only time will tell.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Have you seen the Golf Channel schedule for the week. It's now the TW channel, with highlights from about every match he's ever played in since he was 4.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just found out one of my wife's Uncles is flying by private jet to the Bahamas to play in the Pro-Am with, I believe, Justin Rose, on Wednesday.

What a fantastic opportunity!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

As I stated on a FB post asking if anyone was excited to see Tiger back in action.  I said I'm curious.  I'll withhold excited until he's completed at least 3 or 4 full tournaments and been competitive.  He's just had too many failed "comebacks" to be excited at THIS point.   But too see him playing well and competing again, would be a great thing to see. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I gotta say the videos posted and all the commentary from the other pros who played with him gives much more credibility to a more successful comeback than the last two. I am excited to see him play though. He does bring more excitement to the game in general. Hopefully, he will be able to withstand the day in and day out stress on his body.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Such a polarizing sports figure.  I am very excited to see him back.  My expectations are low only because my expectations in previous returns have been high.  He is great for the game of golf as a player.  He has his issues outside of it but as far as golf goes he had a stint where he was the greatest to ever touch a club.  He was someone who drew me to golf in the mid 2000's.  I loved his swagger, bravado, shotmaking ability, and all out desire to win.

I think it would be awesome to see him compete and contend against these go for broke younger players.

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

Have you seen the Golf Channel schedule for the week. It's now the TW channel, with highlights from about every match he's ever played in since he was 4.

No, I haven't but I can only imagine.  I usually watch GC when I'm home, but I'm looking for something else to watch now.  Of course, I will watch the Hero, but I hope we get to see players other than Tiger and whoever he's playing with.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I liked Tiger as much as the next guy (10 years ago). He's had more than his time in the spot light. Without a doubt he's one of the greatest players of all time. But every time he comes around it turns into the “Tiger Show”. I may be wrong here and I'll be the first to admit it but I don't think he'll ever contend with the young guns of today. I guess we'll see.

CobraConnectChallenge3

I liked Tiger as much as the next guy (10 years ago). He's had more than his time in the spot light. Without a doubt he's one of the greatest players of all time. But every time he comes around it turns into the “Tiger Show”. I may be wrong here and I'll be the first to admit it but I don't think he'll ever contend with the young guns of today. I guess we'll see.

I'll take the Tiger Show over the Spieth Show any day of the week, regardless of performance. He may or may not compete. But the crowds will be rocking no matter his score.

Sent from No Mans Land....

process lets see needs to make cut in regular tour event then top 20 then top 10 then win ... he will need to win differently now ala speith like drive it far enough and chip and putt great

I'm just wondering how many people have Word drafts with "I told you so" and are eagerly waiting to copy paste them on every forum and website they read.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I'll take the Tiger Show over the Spieth Show any day of the week, regardless of performance. He may or may not compete. But the crowds will be rocking no matter his score.

Amen to that!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I'm a Tiger guy, but I feel bad that all the other players in the tournament are only getting interviewed about him. Just watched back to back interviews with Rickie and JT and you could tell they're getting fatigued about the Tiger questions already.

I bet they wish someone would just ask "how are you?"

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I have never been on the Tiger bandwagon and I was one of the ones who thought he should definitely hang it up last year. Don't get me wrong, I know he's one of the best that ever was. My point is even though I'm not a fan, I have a feeling he will play well this year. Maybe not every tournament, but in at least a few. Depending on how many he plays in. I just hope, it's not all they talk about.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I just hope, it's not all they talk about.

Are you ready for those hopes to be dashed?

In the bag:

Bag: 

I'm a Tiger guy, but I feel bad that all the other players in the tournament are only getting interviewed about him. Just watched back to back interviews with Rickie and JT and you could tell they're getting fatigued about the Tiger questions already.

I bet they wish someone would just ask "how are you?"

Name 5 players in the field they would be playing golf if it weren't for Tiger....

He is hosting the Tournament...

Name 5 players in the field they would be playing golf if it weren't for Tiger....

He is hosting the Tournament...

Not disputing your case, but how people get interviewed about Fred Couples when he hosts a tourney? Just for argument's sake, here's your five:

-Kuchar

-Stenson

-Molinari

-Rose

-Hoffman

And probably Matsuyama. So that's 6 quick ones. I'd be willing to bet at least some of those young guns still would've come around without Tiger's influence but that can debated until we're all blue in the face.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Archived