TESTERS WANTED! ×

TIGER IS BACK

The Dansome

Rickie shot -11 yesterday, but the talk was still about Tiger?. Why? Unless you followed the tournament you had no idea who was winning, I don't care who is in he tournament, when the 9th place finisher gets more media than the actual winner, who played one of the greatest final rounds in a tournament ever, there is a problem with the media.

My issue is with the Media coverage, not with Tiger. You're right he is one of the greats of all time, but I don't care for all the media coverage of just him

Not sure the tournament would have even been on Sunday afternoon if Tiger wasn't playing. Maybe on Golf channel but not NBC. With 18 guys they spread the wealth around ok. I get it, but this was an odd week. Tiger back, playing well, etc. the slurp fest was going strong, but it was warranted IMO. He was finished well early enough that Ricky got enough coverage. And once again, It's TIGER WOODS, playing well! This is a big deal, until it's not.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody know if there is anywhere online to watch Tiger's rounds from the weekend? I didn't get to see either of them and would like to watch to see how he looked. I figured it might be on youtube somewhere but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I go searching.

I'm sure if you go to the golf channel, it will be on replay everyday until next Thursday. 😂

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm sure if you go to the golf channel, it will be on replay everyday until next Thursday.

Ha! Maybe even longer than that. Can't wait for it to be included in "Golf's Greatest Rounds: 2017"

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Not sure the tournament would have even been on Sunday afternoon if Tiger wasn't playing. Maybe on Golf channel but not NBC. With 18 guys they spread the wealth around ok. I get it, but this was an odd week. Tiger back, playing well, etc. the slurp fest was going strong, but it was warranted IMO. He was finished well early enough that Ricky got enough coverage. And once again, It's TIGER WOODS, playing well! This is a big deal, until it's not.

The tourney would have been on NBC even without Tiger, I believe it's that way every year. I get and understand showing Tiger, but it was way to excessive for my liking, but what really got me with the media was on Saturday when Charlie was up by 5 shots, the only replays or coverage was Tiger, if you weren't watching or paying attention to the tournament you would not even know who was leading, or you would have thought Tiger was up by 20 on the field. That's not right. As I said, I have an issue with the media and heir coverage. Tiger played as well as to be expected in his return, but others played better and warranted a little better coverage than they received. On Saturday night I checked the highlights and saw 10 Tiger highlights and the only thing that was said was Hoffman leads by 5. Seriously, that's not exceptable for professional golf coverage in my opinion.

I'm sure if you go to the golf channel, it will be on replay everyday until next Thursday.

I don't have golf channel anymore. Thus wanting to check for it online. But true, I know they'll have it on replay lol 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

The tourney would have been on NBC even without Tiger, I believe it's that way every year. I get and understand showing Tiger, but it was way to excessive for my liking, but what really got me with the media was on Saturday when Charlie was up by 5 shots, the only replays or coverage was Tiger, if you weren't watching or paying attention to the tournament you would not even know who was leading, or you would have thought Tiger was up by 20 on the field. That's not right. As I said, I have an issue with the media and heir coverage. Tiger played as well as to be expected in his return, but others played better and warranted a little better coverage than they received. On Saturday night I checked the highlights and saw 10 Tiger highlights and the only thing that was said was Hoffman leads by 5. Seriously, that's not exceptable for professional golf coverage in my opinion.

I hear you and I can see both sides. For me, I'm stoked that he appears to have a legitimate chance at really competing again. I grew up watching him at his best. Love all these young guys and at any point in time they show how good the game can be played, but tiger was in a different league for 15+ years. Spieth, Day, Dustin, JT all had similar seasons, once, Tiger did it every year for upwards of a decade. Hopefully he takes it slow, finds a schedule that eases him in. I may be dreaming, and overly optimistic, but how awesome would it be to see him on Sunday against one of these guys?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I hear you and I can see both sides. For me, I'm stoked that he appears to have a legitimate chance at really competing again. I grew up watching him at his best. Love all these young guys and at any point in time they show how good the game can be played, but tiger was in a different league for 15+ years. Spieth, Day, Dustin, JT all had similar seasons, once, Tiger did it every year for upwards of a decade. Hopefully he takes it slow, finds a schedule that eases him in. I may be dreaming, and overly optimistic, but how awesome would it be to see him on Sunday against one of these guys?

Back in the day there was really only one storyline every week, and that was Phil vs Tiger, the media could focus on that because it seemed every week those 2 guys were in contention come Sunday, and that went on for many, many years. Now a days there are so many guys week in and week out, now with Tiger back, the media needs to understand that showing one person doesn't cut it anymore, we have gotten used to seeing 10-15 players and highlights from all of them with coverage that shows many golfers, that's the way it should be. I want to see all of the golf tournament, especially the guys that are winning.

If his back stays good- he will win again. He's that good.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Back in the day there was really only one storyline every week, and that was Phil vs Tiger, the media could focus on that because it seemed every week those 2 guys were in contention come Sunday, and that went on for many, many years. Now a days there are so many guys week in and week out, now with Tiger back, the media needs to understand that showing one person doesn't cut it anymore, we have gotten used to seeing 10-15 players and highlights from all of them with coverage that shows many golfers, that's the way it should be. I want to see all of the golf tournament, especially the guys that are winning.

The media doesn't care about us because we are watching anyway. It cares about the people who will tune in because Tiger is playing and quickly tune out if they don't see him.

That's the reality

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The media doesn't care about us because we are watching anyway. It cares about the people who will tune in because Tiger is playing and quickly tune out if they don't see him.

That's the reality

I just don't see the “extra” folks tuning in. No one that I am around is watching just because Tiger is playing, he folks that are watching Tiger are the ones that are already watching, they are just interested in Tiger, but they are already watching.

I think if he won more would start watching.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I haven't been tuning in to many tournaments anymore. Kind of bored with it all, and the “season” never ends, it seems. I DID, however, tune-in and watch THREE DAYS this past weekend because of Tiger! I never do that anymore unless it's a major. So, I am one of those who helped increase the viewing numbers. I will watch to see Tiger.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I haven't been tuning in to many tournaments anymore. Kind of bored with it all, and the “season” never ends, it seems. I DID, however, tune-in and watch THREE DAYS this past weekend because of Tiger! I never do that anymore unless it's a major. So, I am one of those who helped increase the viewing numbers. I will watch to see Tiger.

Same for me. My wife and couple of other friends haven't watched golf in months... Tiger comes back and you have us all stuck in front of the TV, messaging each other and sharing each shot on FB...

Love him or hate him... I enjoyed watching him play... every day except Saturday lol

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I just don't see the “extra” folks tuning in. No one that I am around is watching just because Tiger is playing, he folks that are watching Tiger are the ones that are already watching, they are just interested in Tiger, but they are already watching.

Maybe. But ratings were up 29% over last years' Hero and it was the 2nd highest viewed NBC golf broadcast of 2017 behind only the Open championship. To me that seems like more people are watching. 

A few guys that don't play but know I do have brought it up to me as well. 1 watched the tournament and the other watched highlights from golf channel and I bet neither of them watch anything but the occasional round of a random major here and there. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

IMG_0166.PNG

In many ways he never left

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I gotta admit I was very surprised (blindsided) by his performance at the hero world challenge, I didn't think he'd make the cut. Glad for the fella but I'm still not sold on another major run with all the skill there is from top to bottom of the leaderboards now but it's gonna be interesting to find out.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I gotta admit I was very surprised (blindsided) by his performance at the hero world challenge, I didn't think he'd make the cut. Glad for the fella but I'm still not sold on another major run with all the skill there is from top to bottom of the leaderboards now but it's gonna be interesting to find out.

I bet my life he would made the cut.. . It was a no cut field 😂🤣😂😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

The old Tiger is back.

https://vimeo.com/246375193

😂🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

50-1 odds to win the Master's pre-Hero World Challenge,  Now 20-1 odds.  hindsight is 20/20 but that 50-1 would have been nice to put a dime on...

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

I bet my life he would made the cut.. . It was a no cut field 🤣

MDGolfHacker

shows how much I knew about the tournament in question, all the same he performed a lot better than I thought he would

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Oh, self promo guy is back too

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Archived