GolfSpy MBP

TIGER IS BACK

The media doesn't care about us because we are watching anyway. It cares about the people who will tune in because Tiger is playing and quickly tune out if they don't see him.

That's the reality

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I just don't see the “extra” folks tuning in. No one that I am around is watching just because Tiger is playing, he folks that are watching Tiger are the ones that are already watching, they are just interested in Tiger, but they are already watching.

• Like 1

I think if he won more would start watching.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I haven't been tuning in to many tournaments anymore. Kind of bored with it all, and the “season” never ends, it seems. I DID, however, tune-in and watch THREE DAYS this past weekend because of Tiger! I never do that anymore unless it's a major. So, I am one of those who helped increase the viewing numbers. I will watch to see Tiger.

• Like 4

I haven't been tuning in to many tournaments anymore. Kind of bored with it all, and the “season” never ends, it seems. I DID, however, tune-in and watch THREE DAYS this past weekend because of Tiger! I never do that anymore unless it's a major. So, I am one of those who helped increase the viewing numbers. I will watch to see Tiger.

Same for me. My wife and couple of other friends haven't watched golf in months... Tiger comes back and you have us all stuck in front of the TV, messaging each other and sharing each shot on FB...

Love him or hate him... I enjoyed watching him play... every day except Saturday lol

• Like 3

I just don't see the “extra” folks tuning in. No one that I am around is watching just because Tiger is playing, he folks that are watching Tiger are the ones that are already watching, they are just interested in Tiger, but they are already watching.

Maybe. But ratings were up 29% over last years' Hero and it was the 2nd highest viewed NBC golf broadcast of 2017 behind only the Open championship. To me that seems like more people are watching. 

A few guys that don't play but know I do have brought it up to me as well. 1 watched the tournament and the other watched highlights from golf channel and I bet neither of them watch anything but the occasional round of a random major here and there. 

• Like 3

I gotta admit I was very surprised (blindsided) by his performance at the hero world challenge, I didn't think he'd make the cut. Glad for the fella but I'm still not sold on another major run with all the skill there is from top to bottom of the leaderboards now but it's gonna be interesting to find out.

I gotta admit I was very surprised (blindsided) by his performance at the hero world challenge, I didn't think he'd make the cut. Glad for the fella but I'm still not sold on another major run with all the skill there is from top to bottom of the leaderboards now but it's gonna be interesting to find out.

I bet my life he would made the cut.. . It was a no cut field 😂🤣😂😂

MDGolfHacker

50-1 odds to win the Master's pre-Hero World Challenge,  Now 20-1 odds.  hindsight is 20/20 but that 50-1 would have been nice to put a dime on...

I bet my life he would made the cut.. . It was a no cut field 🤣

MDGolfHacker

shows how much I knew about the tournament in question, all the same he performed a lot better than I thought he would

• Like 1