Robertodivicenzo

MLA PUTTERS

Our Sponsors

@ddryan  The differences between the 2:

Tour Xdream - Machined Billet, Adjustable Weights, all Black & cost $299

Pro Xdream -  Cast, Soft Face Insert, not adjustable (unless lead tape is used!) More gray colored & cost $149 ($74.50 using the MGSPRO50 discount code)

But, at 1/4 the cost of the Tour version, it is a deal!!!

Shape is almost identical.

product-tour-xdream.jpg

product-pro-xdream.jpg

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

@ddryan  The differences between the 2:

Tour Xdream - Machined Billet, Adjustable Weights, all Black & cost $299

Pro Xdream -  Cast, Soft Face Insert, not adjustable (unless lead tape is used!) More gray colored & cost $149 ($74.50 using the MGSPRO50 discount code)

But, at 1/4 the cost of the Tour version, it is a deal!!!

Shape is almost identical.

Rex,

Thanks man- appreciate the info.  I am looking at the MLA Tour Mallet (vice the X dream).  Not sure if they have a pro mallet, but that would not be too bad for the price if I could get one for less than a Fin...

Thanks

product-tour-mallet_grande.jpg

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

It looks like the Pro series is sold out as they've moved it to the archives on their website. Now it's Tour, Tour Black, and Tour Blade F&T

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Rex,

Thanks man- appreciate the info. I am looking at the MLA Tour Mallet (vice the X dream). Not sure if they have a pro mallet, but that would not be too bad for the price if I could get one for less than a Fin...

Thanks

I reviewed the Tour Mallet last year, love it. Feel free to ask any questions, or have a look at the review.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/15892-official-forum-member-review-mla-putters/

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I ordered my Pro Xdream form the Archive link on Monday using the MGSPRO50 code and it worked.

I just went in and pulled up the Pro Mallet and the Pro Xdream & put them in my cart but, when I punched in the code it didn't recognize it anymore.  Either its done or it only allows you to use the code 1 time. 

If you haven't bought one yet just go in and try to order one & see if the code works.

Last resort call them @ (786) 329-5436 and ask them.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

Wife just called me, my new Xdream has arrived.  Cant wait to try it this weekend.

• Like 5

Wife just called me, my new Xdream has arrived. Cant wait to try it this weekend.

I had a real good morning today with mine.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

We got out crazy early Monday but my buddy forgot his sticks so I went to do some putting for my test. As I was just getting started, the 2 club pros were making the turn and said "hey come play the back with us!" I've never gotten my bag and cart together that fast before.

What does this have to do with MLA? One of the pros plays tour events on the senior circuit and asked about the X-Dream I was using. Was surprised to hear he hasn't seen them before so I gave him the 2 cent history of the company.

He's on staff with TM so he didn't even hit one putt with it but really liked the alignment aid.

• Like 3

OK CG, what did you get and how is it playing. I really would like to try the Tour mallet, but cant drop almost 300 to test it out...

I welcome any MGS member who has one I could try...please!!!! My Cleveland left me high and dry last week on subtle, slippery Donald Ross greens.

Had to be the equipment, not the operator---- right?!?

I have the Pro X Dream.

Got on the course for the first time with it today. Results were very good.

I'm currently use and love the SC X7M. So this is very similar in size.

I love the way it sets up behind the ball. It seems to do a very good job of framing the ball. And seems to naturally align it on the intended line.

I had lots of long lag putts today . So it was a good test of its distance control. It was every bit as good as the SC in thst regard. I only had one putt get away from me a bit and was left with a 4 footer coming back, which it drained center cup.

It seems automatic on lining up short putts. Puts me in a very confident mode over the putt.

Nothing really stood out in terms of feel or sound. Bit quite as soft sounding at impact as the SC. But certainly nothing loud or harsh. Really just not a ton of feedback. At least none thst was easily noticiable.

I'll spend some time on the putting green with it next week and see what I notice in thst regard.

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Got to go out Saturday and play a round with the new Pro Xdream, got a say, I thought I loved the Tour Classic but, I think I love the Xdream even more. I had a very good round especially on the first nine. Probably cut about 5 or 6 strokes using this putter.  We'll see how it goes on the next rounds though.  Overall, loving it!!!

• Like 5

Just ordered the ProXDream from the archive, and the MGS discount still worked! Merry Christmas to me!!

• Like 7

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

I used the discount back at the beginning of November. Picked up the TourXDream.

Used the TM Spider Blade 12 successfully for several years. Wheels fell off a year or so ago, despite going back to my instructor. Might be the 50 y/o eyes just lost it. Was doing better with Odyssey OWorks V-Line Fang CH this year, but couldn't pass up the MLA discount after some research.

Was able to hit the practice green and got 3 rounds in here in Chicago over the past few weeks.

All I can say is the MLA is not leaving my bag. For me, the head, weight, alignment, and feel make for a huge difference. Putts are running smooth and straight. Speed, distance, and feel are right on. My buddy watched me test both, and he agreed my stroke and the putts were noticeably better with the MLA.

He felt the TourXDream was too heavy for him, but did like it overall. He's happily dropping putts with his Scotty blade, so no interest in changing.

One thing I noticed with the Odyssey was a very soft feel off the face, which often required more stroke for distance. It was different, but it worked for me. It's not a bad putter at all. The MLA face though feels ‘natural.' Not mushy and not hitting a brick. The ball just seems like an extension of the face when struck. Even a couple of putts off of the toe stayed on line with the right distance. Didn't get any twist off the face.

Absolutely worth checking MLA out. I don't think anyone would be disappointed.

• Like 3

@KJG67

Interesting you tested the same ones. I'm still getting accustomed to speed control with the milled face since the feel is very different.

In short, I'm short on long putts and long on short putts. The Tour Classic has an even heavier head than the X-Dream (oddly enough) but I really feel confident with it in my hands.

• Like 1

How long has it taken everyone to get notice of the putter shipping? I ordered the proxdream last Saturday and only received an order confirmation. Tried emailing the customer service email, but haven't heard anything back.

• Like 1

How long has it taken everyone to get notice of the putter shipping? I ordered the proxdream last Saturday and only received an order confirmation. Tried emailing the customer service email, but haven't heard anything back.

Ordered on the 4th. Shipped on the 6th. Received on the 9th. Odd that you haven't heard anything. Would try getting a hold of their US phone # on Monday.

• Like 1

@KJG67

Interesting you tested the same ones. I'm still getting accustomed to speed control with the milled face since the feel is very different.

In short, I'm short on long putts and long on short putts. The Tour Classic has an even heavier head than the X-Dream (oddly enough) but I really feel confident with it in my hands.

I know what you're saying. The first time on the practice green, I kept going back and forth whether I really liked it, as it was a different feel from what I was used to and speed was much different from the Odyssey for me. First time on the course and all that went away :)

Same exact thing with my order. Sent an email to their customer service through the website. So far, nothing.

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

Same exact thing with my order. Sent an email to their customer service through the website. So far, nothing.

I left a voicemail and another email earlier today. I didn't get a response, but did just get a notification the putter shipped.

• Like 2

I left a voicemail and another email earlier today. I didn't get a response, but did just get a notification the putter shipped.

ME TOO!! Woot! On the way, baby! Merry Christmas to ME!! ⛳️

• Like 2