Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Home "Improvement"

STUDque

When the gf and I moved in together, we had so much of the same household stuff, our crawl space is mostly full of that. Thankfully I have 4 cousins within 5 years of me and I'm sure one will be moving out soon, so I'll be able to give all that stuff to them

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Every time we moved the local goodwill store was verrrrry happy. Last time we move about ten years ago I promised we'd never accumulate that much 'stuff'. But unfortunately continue. My solution now (including stop buying) is to do a run to goodwill annually. If we haven't used something in the past 2-3 years it goes there.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

We are at Goodwill maybe 1-2 times a month. The GW here has an incredible turnover of goods mostly because of the demographics of the area, old and older. We donate stuff often. If we haven't touched something in a year GW it goes. We occasionally find some great more stuff to buy. Heh it's what seniors do in the days they're not golfing or doctors.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

We are at Goodwill maybe 1-2 times a month. The GW here has an incredible turnover of goods mostly because of the demographics of the area, old and older. We donate stuff often. If we haven't touched something in a year GW it goes. We occasionally find some great more stuff to buy. Heh it's what seniors do in the days they're not golfing or doctors.

That's funny - comment about seniors. I'm going to have to go to the front of the store I've only been to the drop off area. Maybe I'll find some golfing items there - although being a lefty chances aren't good.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

This F@#! shower door keeps getting worse. It really just needs a new closing mechanism. I wonder if I could find a handle that you drill screws through the glass without cracking the glass.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

This F@#! shower door keeps getting worse. It really just needs a new closing mechanism. I wonder if I could find a handle that you drill screws through the glass without cracking the glass.

Or bolts from the other side. Adding a washer would help

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We went from a small house about 1300SF to an apartment of about 700sf. We brought nothing with us when we moved, we lived there for a year, then moved into a 3000sf home, and after 7 years it's full, no idea how, it just is. We need to downsize again.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm a little crazy about clutter. I love throwing things away. My wife and I are having a battle right meow: she keeps trying to fill the house up and I'm trying to keep it empty.

Luckily, there's not a whole lot of places to put stuff so I can talk her out of some furniture purchases on that alone

I'm a little crazy about clutter. I love throwing things away. My wife and I are having a battle right meow: she keeps trying to fill the house up and I'm trying to keep it empty.

Luckily, there's not a whole lot of places to put stuff so I can talk her out of some furniture purchases on that alone

I don't think your alone in that battle. It's every couple has a “keeper” and a “tosser”.

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 1 month later...

Here's another project that I'm glad to be done with. I've been getting regular reminders to handle the backsplash since we moved into the house.

This project helped me earn the pass out of the house to go play last Sunday with CG2 and ddryan.

Here's the "before." I didn't personally mind the backsplash but SWMBO hated it so it's gotta go. I'm so glad I used the cardboard to catch all my debris.

p3tz8rL.jpg

Using a 7-in-one tool, I chipped off the existing splash. At first, I was happy that it was only mounting tape holding it on (instead of glue) but later changed my opinion.

7KdnhOH.jpg

Here it is all off. Still plenty of tape to get off. Glass sprayed everywhere as the pieces broke off. Stupid me started in socks and stepped on a 1" piece. That wasted about 30 minutes while I tended to the wound.

ISpmxdY.jpg

Half a day of sanding and chipping and applying adhesive remover and on and on and on I've finally got a reasonably clean wall to work with.

qqRLUBE.jpg

2 runs at spackling and sanding. Now I've got my entire kitchen covered in dust.

vAlrTG7.jpg

Paint. This was by far the easiest step. It looks awfully naked in there. Not pictured, I moved the light forward (towards me) to accommodate the shelves.

VZMjK9K.jpg

Original shelves.

PtR1xCa.jpg

Sanded.

HDXTK0J.jpg

Painted.

imEOC4N.jpg

Installed.

wbH0RnK.jpg

Aaaaaaaand finished product.

lqIExSN.jpg

46LuCSJ.jpg

Just call me Bob Vila from now on. I'm actually quite happy with how it came out. It was my wife's vision so blame her for the decorating 🤪 This took me 2 1/2 days of solid work and I hated almost every second of it. Glad to be done!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Here's another project that I'm glad to be done with. I've been getting regular reminders to handle the backsplash since we moved into the house.

This project helped me earn the pass out of the house to go play last Sunday with CG2 and ddryan.

Here's the "before." I didn't personally mind the backsplash but SWMBO hated it so it's gotta go. I'm so glad I used the cardboard to catch all my debris.

p3tz8rL.jpg

Using a 7-in-one tool, I chipped off the existing splash. At first, I was happy that it was only mounting tape holding it on (instead of glue) but later changed my opinion.

7KdnhOH.jpg

Here it is all off. Still plenty of tape to get off. Glass sprayed everywhere as the pieces broke off. Stupid me started in socks and stepped on a 1" piece. That wasted about 30 minutes while I tended to the wound.

ISpmxdY.jpg

Half a day of sanding and chipping and applying adhesive remover and on and on and on I've finally got a reasonably clean wall to work with.

qqRLUBE.jpg

2 runs at spackling and sanding. Now I've got my entire kitchen covered in dust.

vAlrTG7.jpg

Paint. This was by far the easiest step. It looks awfully naked in there. Not pictured, I moved the light forward (towards me) to accommodate the shelves.

VZMjK9K.jpg

Original shelves.

PtR1xCa.jpg

Sanded.

HDXTK0J.jpg

Painted.

imEOC4N.jpg

Installed.

wbH0RnK.jpg

lqIExSN.jpg

46LuCSJ.jpg

Just call me Bob Vila from now on. I'm actually quite happy with how it came out. It was my wife's vision so blame her for the decorating 🤪 This took me 2 1/2 days of solid work and I hated almost every second of it. Glad to be done!

Looks good Stud

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks good Stud

Rick

Left Hand, 

Looks good Stud

Great job “Bob”

Seriously you did good!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Nice work! I don't envy your work on drywall, that's the worst thing to work on. I hate the dust it creates plus the tediousness of working on it til it's right.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Nice work Stud!

I've got another one. Electrical work...what do the sparkies over here smoke before wiring a house? Grab a bunch of wires and throw them in a breaker with no rhyme or reason as to where they're going. I've got breakers that do stuff for upstairs and downstairs...who does that?

I'm replacing all the switches with the paddle type and only buzzed myself 3 times...110v just tingles. I've been hit with 240v (that's household size back home) a couple of times and it's a big difference.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

p3tz8rL.jpg

7KdnhOH.jpg

ISpmxdY.jpg

qqRLUBE.jpg

vAlrTG7.jpg

VZMjK9K.jpg

Original shelves.

PtR1xCa.jpg

Sanded.

HDXTK0J.jpg

Painted.

imEOC4N.jpg

Installed.

wbH0RnK.jpg

lqIExSN.jpg

46LuCSJ.jpg

Looks good Stu... err Bob! I HATE removing tile with a passion, but over the winter I've gotten replace a couple tiles for the guest shower floor. Do you do house calls?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Nice work Stud!

I've got another one. Electrical work...what do the sparkies over here smoke before wiring a house? Grab a bunch of wires and throw them in a breaker with no rhyme or reason as to where they're going. I've got breakers that do stuff for upstairs and downstairs...who does that?

I'm replacing all the switches with the paddle type and only buzzed myself 3 times...110v just tingles. I've been hit with 240v (that's household size back home) a couple of times and it's a big difference.

That's still no fun. I had a friend who lost feeling in her arm when she accidentally touched 10,000 volts. I'm just glad she didn't get worse at the time.

That's still no fun. I had a friend who lost feeling in her arm when she accidentally touched 10,000 volts. I'm just glad she didn't get worse at the time.

10000 volts? I'm surprised she's still alive.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Our driveway is cracking up .   It will need replacing one of these days however it's on the bottom of the list..  

For you folks who are having rabbit problems, I can rent my dog (Roxie) out and she will resolve your problem in no time.  Problem being she might burp one up on your living room floor.  This really happened when we lived in the country  :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

"One" thing, you'd asked? That's funny!!! There's not enough room on this entire forum to list all the things that could use repair .. and the sad thing is we bought the house completely remodeled from a builder......

But to list one annoying thing I'll agree on the shower doors - have tried to add silicone twice and the (bleep) ((expletive deleted)) (bleep) (bleep) thing still lets out a few drops through the bottom sill.....

(time to tear it out and start over, I guess)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

"One" thing, you'd asked? That's funny!!! There's not enough room on this entire forum to list all the things that could use repair .. and the sad thing is we bought the house completely remodeled from a builder......

But to list one annoying thing I'll agree on the shower doors - have tried to add silicone twice and the (bleep) ((expletive deleted)) (bleep) (bleep) thing still lets out a few drops through the bottom sill.....

Nnnoooo......then you'll have twice as many drops!!!

Trust me Grasshopper!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Nnnoooo......then you'll have twice as many drops!!!

Trust me Grasshopper!!!

Oh I didn't do it the first time - I am NOT that handy! Minor fix-it things, ok. Like "gooping" with silicone. And .. quite fortunately .. my wife knows it and doesn't push me to do anything beyond my meager capabilities. Like Studque's project!!! (Count me impressed!)

Oh - and she won't let me climb ladders anymore, so no more gutters either!

Prefer outdoor maintenance and yard work, actually.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Oh I didn't do it the first time - I am NOT that handy! Minor fix-it things, ok. Like "gooping" with silicone. And .. quite fortunately .. my wife knows it and doesn't push me to do anything beyond my meager capabilities. Like Studque's project!!! (Count me impressed!)

Oh - and she won't let me climb ladders anymore, so no more gutters either!

Prefer outdoor maintenance and yard work, actually.

I used to fix, repair everything but now that I'm retired SWMBO is afraid I'm going to get hurt. It's a “battle” daily. She won't let me go in the attic because of my bad knees, well when she's home I don't go up there.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yeah haha. There's no such thing as just "one more thing"

Each project I finish spurs her ideas for more. For a while, she had a pipe dream about painting the kitchen cabinets but this backsplash project effectively put that to bed. I wonder what else will pop up as she watches HGTV.

Next up: Build a costume closet for the girls.

Intermediate: Figure out a solution for the shower door

Distant future: Paint the foyer (20ft ceiling) and build a deck (12ft high)

Yeah haha. There's no such thing as just "one more thing"

Each project I finish spurs her ideas for more. For a while, she had a pipe dream about painting the kitchen cabinets but this backsplash project effectively put that to bed. I wonder what else will pop up as she watches HGTV.

Next up: Build a costume closet for the girls.

Intermediate: Figure out a solution for the shower door

Distant future: Paint the foyer (20ft ceiling) and build a deck (12ft high)

Be careful with the shower door. They are supposed to “weep” excessive water. This is to drain and keep out mild and mildew. Depends on where the water is of course.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Be careful with the shower door. They are supposed to “weep” excessive water. This is to drain and keep out mild and mildew. Depends on where the water is of course.

My problem is that I can't get it to close flush. If I close it from the outside for my wife, no problems. But I can't close it right from the inside and I take showers before she's up.

The handle is one of these and it's a total piece of junk. I really need to be able to lift "up" to close the door properly but this just slides up and down the door edge:

4119CLwwsdL._SY300_.jpg

I want to use a type that I can drill straight through for more control but the glass is tempered so I'm not thrilled about the idea of shattered glass all over my bathroom floor.

My problem is that I can't get it to close flush. If I close it from the outside for my wife, no problems. But I can't close it right from the inside and I take showers before she's up.

The handle is one of these and it's a total piece of junk. I really need to be able to lift "up" to close the door properly but this just slides up and down the door edge:

4119CLwwsdL._SY300_.jpg

I want to use a type that I can drill straight through for more control but the glass is tempered so I'm not thrilled about the idea of shattered glass all over my bathroom floor.

Yup, that's a completely different problem. I wouldn't mess with drilling the glass, not with my bad luck.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yup, that's a completely different problem. I wouldn't mess with drilling the glass, not with my bad luck.

This is our Guest Shower Door, no leaks.

Master Bathroom no doors just walk in.

Rick

Left Hand, 

This is our Guest Shower Door, no leaks.attachicon.gifIMG_1831.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1832.JPG

Master Bathroom no doors just walk in.

Ooooo you fancy. I think your guest shower is nicer than my master.