TESTERS WANTED! ×

Home "Improvement"

STUDque

Ooooo you fancy. I think your guest shower is nicer than my master.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Here's another project that I'm glad to be done with. I've been getting regular reminders to handle the backsplash since we moved into the house.

This project helped me earn the pass out of the house to go play last Sunday with CG2 and ddryan.

Here's the "before." I didn't personally mind the backsplash but SWMBO hated it so it's gotta go. I'm so glad I used the cardboard to catch all my debris.

p3tz8rL.jpg

Using a 7-in-one tool, I chipped off the existing splash. At first, I was happy that it was only mounting tape holding it on (instead of glue) but later changed my opinion.

7KdnhOH.jpg

Here it is all off. Still plenty of tape to get off. Glass sprayed everywhere as the pieces broke off. Stupid me started in socks and stepped on a 1" piece. That wasted about 30 minutes while I tended to the wound.

ISpmxdY.jpg

Half a day of sanding and chipping and applying adhesive remover and on and on and on I've finally got a reasonably clean wall to work with.

qqRLUBE.jpg

2 runs at spackling and sanding. Now I've got my entire kitchen covered in dust.

vAlrTG7.jpg

Paint. This was by far the easiest step. It looks awfully naked in there. Not pictured, I moved the light forward (towards me) to accommodate the shelves.

VZMjK9K.jpg

Original shelves.

PtR1xCa.jpg

Sanded.

HDXTK0J.jpg

Painted.

imEOC4N.jpg

Installed.

wbH0RnK.jpg

Aaaaaaaand finished product.

lqIExSN.jpg

46LuCSJ.jpg

Just call me Bob Vila from now on. I'm actually quite happy with how it came out. It was my wife's vision so blame her for the decorating 🤪 This took me 2 1/2 days of solid work and I hated almost every second of it. Glad to be done!

Looks great!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Mine is a bit left field, rabbits!

I'm on an acre, and the rabbits are approaching plague proportions. Anything we plant needs a guard on it or the little @&@&&@$@s chew them to ground level. One of the few downsides of having a mild winter is the rabbits don't get knocked back by winter. Any disturbed ground gets dug up on the first night.

I can't shoot them, as I'm in town, and as I'm not a real farm, can't access gas pellets to gas the warrens. I'm hesitant to use other poisons because my dogs eat anything.

A high quality air rifle,, donate the meat to a local soup kitchen. Done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

For Christmas this year, our house rewarded us with the immediate need to replace our drawer-style $1k microwave oven-yesterday..! Thanks house! This is on top of the year of never-ending joy of our home-owner cheer. During the past 6-months we've been rewarded with a new dishwasher, garbage disposal and for laughs, a replacement 65" TV...all of which have found their way to go "f-it" suddenly just after warranties have lapsed..!

Hard sometimes to justify a sometimes "leisurely" lifestyle where the occasional golf game is involved and have to constantly juggle those "important" disposable "needs" with actual required expenditures...

Damn

:huh: 

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

A high quality air rifle,, donate the meat to a local soup kitchen. Done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Rabbit Stew!!

Good stuff

Rick

Left Hand, 

For Christmas this year, our house rewarded us with the immediate need to replace our drawer-style $1k microwave oven-yesterday..! Thanks house! This is on top of the year of never-ending joy of our home-owner cheer. During the past 6-months we've been rewarded with a new dishwasher, garbage disposal and for laughs, a replacement 65" TV...all of which have found their way to go "f-it" suddenly just after warranties have lapsed..!

Hard sometimes to justify a sometimes "leisurely" lifestyle where the occasional golf game is involved and have to constantly juggle those "important" disposable "needs" with actual required expenditures...

Damn

We've all had those “stretches” where everything goes sideways for a while. Good luck, Merry Christmas and I'm sure you'll have a great 2018.

What else can break, everything is new!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Damn

I'm sure this won't make you feel better but you're not alone. We have a relatively new LCD tv that cra* **ed out on us (thanks Samsung). But we do have a 12 yr old Sony lcd that's still going strong.

Welcome to the joys of home ownership.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Damn

I had one of those stretches this spring where everything was breaking down and needed to be replaced. Touch wood, has been smooth sailing since then

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

17 trees on a .5 acre lot that puke leaves and twigs and rubbish all over the yard in the fall. I have four Lindens that spit sap throughout the spring and turn my car into a venus fly trap. When one of them sprouts dollar bills I'll be able to cut them down and replant some a little more user friendly.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

17 trees on a .5 acre lot that puke leaves and twigs and rubbish all over the yard in the fall. I have four Lindens that spit sap throughout the spring and turn my car into a venus fly trap. When one of them sprouts dollar bills I'll be able to cut them down and replant some a little more user friendly.

Be sure to let me know where you got that tree that sprouts dollar bills

• 2 weeks later...

I love my wife so much I cleaned out the pea trap in her sink. That must be true love because WOW that was disgusting. It's the first time I've cleaned it since we moved in 2 years ago and who knows how long it was before that with the previous owners.

I won't post a picture to keep you guys from losing your lunch, but picture a brown banana peel covered in hair and boogers. Yuck! The smell was just God awful too.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I love my wife so much I cleaned out the pea trap in her sink. That must be true love because WOW that was disgusting. It's the first time I've cleaned it since we moved in 2 years ago and who knows how long it was before that with the previous owners.

I won't post a picture to keep you guys from losing your lunch, but picture a brown banana peel covered in hair and boogers. Yuck! The smell was just God awful too.

Gray water is the friggin worst.... makes me gag just thinking of it. I have a long story but it would take me an hour to type it. Use your imagination.

Yeah haha. There's no such thing as just "one more thing"

Each project I finish spurs her ideas for more. For a while, she had a pipe dream about painting the kitchen cabinets but this backsplash project effectively put that to bed. I wonder what else will pop up as she watches HGTV.

Next up: Build a costume closet for the girls.

Intermediate: Figure out a solution for the shower door

Distant future: Paint the foyer (20ft ceiling) and build a deck (12ft high)

I'd like to lodge an official complaint against HGTV. They show entire room makeovers in 30 min or even an entire house being restored in 60 minutes with everyone smiling and no one disagreeing on the design choices. This sets an unrealistic expectation with my SWMBO who doesn't understand why it takes me so long to finish a project!

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

----------------------------------------------

Mine? It's the shower door. I've tried so many "fixes" but it just never does the trick. It's a cheap builder's grade door and just needs to be replaced entirely. Those things are just so darn expensive and time consuming to replace.

FIXED. I finally got the motivation bug and made this thing happen. Needed a little help from SWMBO but I got it done.

Tried a few things but ended up resetting the hinge and hammered the door back straight. Not good as new but it closes flush from the inside.

Gray water is the friggin worst.... makes me gag just thinking of it. I have a long story but it would take me an hour to type it. Use your imagination.

You both just reminded me of how my wife and I discovered a previous, umm, "improvement" in her old house .. she lived there before we were married and at least 15 years prior had some remodeling work done .. including finishing the basement for her kids to hang out in.

Well, one Fall there was a bad odor floating around the main floor. Couldn't track it down; we looked under and behind all the radiators and everywhere else. Started searching through the basement and found a dead mouse under the water heater .. ok, that's it, right? Nah.... Next day odor is still there and getting worse.

Start inspecting every inch of the basement .. no more mice or other things, but .. at the bottom of one wall looked like there was leak coming thru; the carpet next to the wall was damp. There happened to be an old access port at the far end of that wall .. got a flashlight and peered in, and .. *P.U.*!!!!!

Plus, sure enough, there appeared to be a layer of water lying there between the foundation and the finish wall.

Call my buddy Tony (a GC) for advice .. he ends up coming over and we start to open that wall up .. and what we found was.....

A piece of PVC pipe coming down from the kitchen and downstairs bathroom area - and that tied in to the main outgoing waste line - had been cut about a foot and a half above the waste line and then abandoned.

NOT capped off; NOT plugged; nuthin.

So.. a few feet down that waste line made a hard left turn .. yeah: 90 degrees .. and it turned out there was a clog there at the turn.

So.. all the s#*t and p#*s that was supposed to keep flowing downhill and out to the cesspool was backing up and coming out that not-capped stub pipe and spilling out into the space behind the finish wall in the basement......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

You both just reminded me of how my wife and I discovered a previous, umm, "improvement" in her old house .. she lived there before we were married and at least 15 years prior had some remodeling work done .. including finishing the basement for her kids to hang out in.

Well, one Fall there was a bad odor floating around the main floor. Couldn't track it down; we looked under and behind all the radiators and everywhere else. Started searching through the basement and found a dead mouse under the water heater .. ok, that's it, right? Nah.... Next day odor is still there and getting worse.

Start inspecting every inch of the basement .. no more mice or other things, but .. at the bottom of one wall looked like there was leak coming thru; the carpet next to the wall was damp. There happened to be an old access port at the far end of that wall .. got a flashlight and peered in, and .. *P.U.*!!!!!

Plus, sure enough, there appeared to be a layer of water lying there between the foundation and the finish wall.

Call my buddy Tony (a GC) for advice .. he ends up coming over and we start to open that wall up .. and what we found was.....

A piece of PVC pipe coming down from the kitchen and downstairs bathroom area - and that tied in to the main outgoing waste line - had been cut about a foot and a half above the waste line and then abandoned.

NOT capped off; NOT plugged; nuthin.

So.. a few feet down that waste line made a hard left turn .. yeah: 90 degrees .. and it turned out there was a clog there at the turn.

So.. all the s#*t and p#*s that was supposed to keep flowing downhill and out to the cesspool was backing up and coming out that not-capped stub pipe and spilling out into the space behind the finish wall in the basement......

That sounds like a gross situation!

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I've ended up having to clean out at least one pea trap in each of the three places I've lived since moving out. The second place was so clogged I made the gf promise about a hundred times that she would not wash her hair in the sink

That sounds like a gross situation!

Oh yeah...... Nasty clean-up plus we called in a remediation service.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

• 1 month later...

Very well could go in the rant thread as well but my garbage disposal went out on me tonight leaving a nice little mess in my kitchen. So I sent my wife and kids to the in-laws so I could replace the unit. I hate hate hate messing around underneath the sink. Luckily, this wasn't so bad.

I told my daughter (3yo) that I fixed the sink and she asked me to show it to her. I was like uhhhhh well.........The worst part about these types of things is you drop some decent money and a few hours of your life to fix something and make it exactly the same as it was before. No upgrade. Nothing better, nothing noticeable. Just not a big pool of water on your kitchen floor. Blah.

Not really an item to fix, but I can never seem to get my garage cleaned LOL. I even went so far as to install a heater this year so I could practice during the winter, but It's been a complete mess and I've only been able to accomplish about 50% of what I had planned at this point. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Not really an item to fix, but I can never seem to get my garage cleaned LOL. I even went so far as to install a heater this year so I could practice during the winter, but It's been a complete mess and I've only been able to accomplish about 50% of what I had planned at this point.

Get on it! Made a major push last Fall .. set up a lotta shelves, moved things around, set up another storage shed outside, etc. .. and now I have a nice open practice area.

(Side benefits - I know where my tools are and can get my surf-and paddle boards out without tripping over stuff!)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Get on it! Made a major push last Fall .. set up a lotta shelves, moved things around, set up another storage shed outside, etc. .. and now I have a nice open practice area.

(Side benefits - I know where my tools are and can get my surf-and paddle boards out without tripping over stuff!)

LOL. I know, I know. I've put up a few shelves and built myself a nice workbench to house tools and such, but we just have sooooo much crap. Working on throwing as much stuff away as I can and storing the rest in our adding or shed. Hoping I can make a big push tonight and tomorrow to get this done. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody lose anything big during the recent windstorm?

I had some of my flashing come off but made it out OK besides that. It was slapping against our house for most of the night so I was thankful when it finally broke off.

Riding through other neighborhoods, it looks like it snowed shingles. It'll be an annoyance to get that fixed but at least they didn't get a tree through a window or anything nutty like that.

• 1 month later...

Not exactly home related, but I changed the brakes on wifey's van yesterday. It was an "easy" job but I feel good about it since I've never changed brakes before. MIL didn't have a ton of confidence going in so that added a little pressure. Been driving around all good though

Home-related, it's about that time of year to get busy with yardwork. Aside from mulching, grass cutting, and hedge trimming, SWMBO has plans to turn a "shelf" in our retaining wall into a wildflower patch. Next weekend should be busy weather permitting.

The winter ruined brand new trees I just planted. I'm trying to tie them back up straight but not sure it's going to work. These trees weren't cheap. The poor guy behind me has 20ft privacy trees and they are all bent over. I'm talking like 25 green giant arborvitaes. And he's obsessed my guess he just cries every time he looks outside

Not exactly home related, but I changed the brakes on wifey's van yesterday. It was an "easy" job but I feel good about it since I've never changed brakes before. MIL didn't have a ton of confidence going in so that added a little pressure. Been driving around all good though

Did you bed the brakes in after the job?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I had some of my flashing come off but made it out OK besides that. It was slapping against our house for most of the night so I was thankful when it finally broke off.

Riding through other neighborhoods, it looks like it snowed shingles. It'll be an annoyance to get that fixed but at least they didn't get a tree through a window or anything nutty like that.

Sorry, I just saw this.  I didn't lose anything major.  Had some minor trim damage around my garage doors and front porch area.  No roof damage but we had just had the roof installed last fall.  Everything held up nicely.  We also had a tree come down along the back edge of my property line.  It took out the power pole serving my house a few others around me.  The power company took their sweet time replacing it.  I cut up the downed tree and gave it away for firewood. 

The house on the adjacent corner of my street had two large trees come down and devastate the house.  I can't imagine the damage being repairable.  May be a tear down and rebuild situation.  The owners apparently have moved to another location and we haven't seen them since the storm.  Nothing whatsoever has been done to the house other than someone came to cut the trees up for firewood.  Their kids haven't been back to school either so, I'm assuming they moved out of the area.

Roughly six weeks after the storm and we still have trees down all over town.  Thankfully, nobody was hurt and my golf course remains intact.  Priorities, right!

Yup, been there done that😝

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Only lost a small piece of flashing on the tallest side of the house. Cost $125 to fix. Had a few Leyland cypress trees I planted on the side doing the limbo after the last storm. Re-anchored them but not sure they will survive.

Need to get the lawn squared away before my trip to Aruba for a few weeks. Right now my lawn looks like a muni ☹️ I wonder if the HOA would be mad if I replaced it all with astroturf?? 😁😂

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: