Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Home "Improvement"

STUDque

Not exactly home related, but I changed the brakes on wifey's van yesterday. It was an "easy" job but I feel good about it since I've never changed brakes before. MIL didn't have a ton of confidence going in so that added a little pressure. Been driving around all good though

Home-related, it's about that time of year to get busy with yardwork. Aside from mulching, grass cutting, and hedge trimming, SWMBO has plans to turn a "shelf" in our retaining wall into a wildflower patch. Next weekend should be busy weather permitting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In the past two years I've changed my front and both of the GFs brakes. First pair was a struggle (definitely deserved a whiskey after that), but I flew through the rest of them.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Sent the wife shopping and I got to check off most of my yardwork tasks today. Feels great because the yard was looking rough so I'm glad to get it headed back in the right direction.

Changed the color of mulch this year from brown to midnight black and I'm liking the new color contrast against the green bushes. Hopefully it keeps out weeds better as well.

Got to use a new toy also: hedge trimmer. Those things are FUN. Shaping bushes like artwork and slicing through pompous grass is the way to go.

Did you bed the brakes in after the job?

And yes, I did. You really can learn anything on YouTube!

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Sent the wife shopping and I got to check off most of my yardwork tasks today. Feels great because the yard was looking rough so I'm glad to get it headed back in the right direction.

Changed the color of mulch this year from brown to midnight black and I'm liking the new color contrast against the green bushes. Hopefully it keeps out weeds better as well.

Got to use a new toy also: hedge trimmer. Those things are FUN. Shaping bushes like artwork and slicing through pompous grass is the way to go.

And yes, I did. You really can learn anything on YouTube!

Yard work done? Now time to go golfing!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Yard work done? Now time to go golfing!

Yard work before golfing? Gotta get your priorities straight, man!

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I've been doing work on my parents house for a little while and my dad was cutting floor boards to fox holes from the original interior chimney I took out. When he was cutting the boards he hit a water pipe. A long project got longer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hopefully the water was shut off? Power saws and water don't seem to mix well. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 1 month later...

Geez, I just cut mine once a week when it's growing and have a company (local, family owned) fertilize for me.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

We bought our house last year, and the yard was never taken care of. Since this past winter I've been trying to bring life to it, with not much success. Planning to aerate and overseed this fall, so fingers crossed it takes off.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I don't go as hard with my lawn as some in my neighbourhood. There's one guy around the corner who uses a power mower then goes over in both directions with a reel mower. Has the picture perfect checker board pattern. Two years and still working on getting all the weeds out. Also guy before me didn't cut the stumps of some trees he took out right to the ground, so gonna dig around and remove enough of the stump that it is fully cover by dirt so no one is tripping over it. Also bought a Stihl weed whacker for half price as new with minimal hours to keep the edges nice n trim

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I don't go as hard with my lawn as some in my neighbourhood. There's one guy around the corner who uses a power mower then goes over in both directions with a reel mower. Has the picture perfect checker board pattern. Two years and still working on getting all the weeds out. Also guy before me didn't cut the stumps of some trees he took out right to the ground, so gonna dig around and remove enough of the stump that it is fully cover by dirt so no one is tripping over it. Also bought a Stihl weed whacker for half price as new with minimal hours to keep the edges nice n trim

My next door neighbors tear up their grass and roll out brand new turf every spring.  He mows in a squared direction then cross cuts immediately afterward.  So, essentially he mows 6 times per week because he mows twice each time and three days per week.  She has thousands of plants all over their property and has asked our permission to expand into our property.  Their yard is in better condition than any golf course I have ever seen.  But they are retired and spend a minimum of 6 hours every day working on their property.

They must think we are terrible neighbors but I'm not spending 6 hours every day working in my yard.  They are fortunate I mow and trim once a week!   ;)

Edit to add; when she asked permission to expand into our property, she presented my wife with a business card labeling herself as a "Master Gardner".  LOL

My next door neighbors tear up their grass and roll out brand new turf every spring. He mows in a squared direction then cross cuts immediately afterward. So, essentially he mows 6 times per week because he mows twice each time and three days per week. She has thousands of plants all over their property and has asked our permission to expand into our property. Their yard is in better condition than any golf course I have ever seen. But they are retired and spend a minimum of 6 hours every day working on their property.

They must think we are terrible neighbors but I'm not spending 6 hours every day working in my yard. They are fortunate I mow and trim once a week! ;)

Edit to add; when she asked permission to expand into our property, she presented my wife with a business card labeling herself as a "Master Gardner". LOL

Wow that's nuts. The gentleman I mentioned before only cuts it once a week unless we've received significant precipitation, then it'll get done twice. I enjoy taking time to make my yard look clean and presentable, but that's a little far. To each their own I guess lol! I usually spend 3 or 4 hours over an entire week on the yard. Plan for next summer is to plant a couple berry bushes for when I'm ambitious and making pancakes

Wow that's nuts. The gentleman I mentioned before only cuts it once a week unless we've received significant precipitation, then it'll get done twice. I enjoy taking time to make my yard look clean and presentable, but that's a little far. To each their own I guess lol! I usually spend 3 or 4 hours over an entire week on the yard. Plan for next summer is to plant a couple berry bushes for when I'm ambitious and making pancakes

Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful neighbors.  Just a bit neurotic about their yard and plants.  I've had the polar opposite in terms of the neighbor from Hell so, I'm definitely not complaining.  I've just never seen someone spend so much time and effort on their yardwork. 

I keep mine neatly mowed, raked and trimmed but they are on another stratosphere!

Started a remodel on one of our full baths and a powder room 5 weeks ago on what should have been three weeks tops. Now I have a family of five and two 80% complete bathrooms. Me and the contractor are having a little chat tomorrow. I should not need to take a number for the shower at this point in the project.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful neighbors. Just a bit neurotic about their yard and plants. I've had the polar opposite in terms of the neighbor from Hell so, I'm definitely not complaining. I've just never seen someone spend so much time and effort on their yardwork.

I keep mine neatly mowed, raked and trimmed but they are on another stratosphere!

They were wonderful until they woke me up at 6:45am this morning mowing and weed eating their lawn!

I've worked well over 60 hours this week on projects headed into the holiday week next week. I was quite looking forward to sleeping in!

• 1 month later...

Started a remodel on one of our full baths and a powder room 5 weeks ago on what should have been three weeks tops. Now I have a family of five and two 80% complete bathrooms. Me and the contractor are having a little chat tomorrow. I should not need to take a number for the shower at this point in the project.

We are almost done getting a bathroom gutted and remodeled - going on 8 weeks. Initial estimate was 6 or 7, but ran in to electrical, plumbing, and an order issue that extended things. Not hateful, but it's been a long summer for teenage daughters having to use the basement bathroom. Our initial spending goal has been blown out of the water, but not by the contractor - labor costs will be pretty close to the initial estimate - my wife and I apparently have expensive taste in fixtures, etc.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

We are almost done getting a bathroom gutted and remodeled - going on 8 weeks. Initial estimate was 6 or 7, but ran in to electrical, plumbing, and an order issue that extended things. Not hateful, but it's been a long summer for teenage daughters having to use the basement bathroom. Our initial spending goal has been blown out of the water, but not by the contractor - labor costs will be pretty close to the initial estimate - my wife and I apparently have expensive taste in fixtures, etc.

Amazing how $$ grow on home remodeling projects.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Amazing how $$ grow on home remodeling projects.

Well, better getting nice fixtures than the cheapy stuff and then having to replace them a year later.  I tell my wife to spend a bit more on quality so we don't have to revisit issues. I'm dreading the day I have to replace our HVAC.  It's 20 years old and I've been band aiding it for the last 2 years.  So next year, I'll be spending the $$$$ to replace it.  Maybe my bedrooms upstairs will finally cool right, LOL.

MDGolfHacker

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Well, better getting nice fixtures than the cheapy stuff and then having to replace them a year later. I tell my wife to spend a bit more on quality so we don't have to revisit issues. I'm dreading the day I have to replace our HVAC. It's 20 years old and I've been band aiding it for the last 2 years. So next year, I'll be spending the $$$$ to replace it. Maybe my bedrooms upstairs will finally cool right, LOL.

MDGolfHacker

MDGolfHacker

You remember the quality long after you forget the price. For anything, including golf gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Can I ask some of the folks who are having their bathrooms re-done if they are willing to share about price.

I have an older home with 2 bathrooms upstairs that are small by today's standards (each about 5' x 9'). They are in rough shape and pretty much need to be gutted.

To create the illusion of more space, I really want to go with a tankless toilet, which I'm sure will add more but I think could be worth it.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Sounds like we have a lot in common. I told my wife just to pick what she wanted at the start of the project so I didn't have to deal with change orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

• 4 weeks later...

Spent all weekend doing this.

attachicon.gif IMG_4009.JPG

I have a much greater appreciation for men who work with tile...

Nice tile work. I don't have that kind of patience.

Left Hand orientation