TESTERS WANTED! ×

Home "Improvement"

STUDque

I think I found a new thread to bookmark. Just bought a home in November. Besides changing out just about all appliances, I've replaced the garage door, and reseeded a ton of the back lawn. Two huge patches have now grown some grass. Hopefully the grass continues to fill in. There's still a bunch of spots that need to be redone.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I’ve been doing doing the trimming & maintenance on our 45 or so bushes, trees, flowers etc. Now this is Florida and some shrubs double in size every 90 minutes so it’s a constant year-round job. SWMBO and I finally decided on changing it out a bit. With SWMBO & Landscaper Rolando we are removing 19 of the fastest growing shrubs and installing 10 slow growing shrubs and flowers. Trusting Rolando to pick the slowest growers he can find. He’s also doing borders and other SWMBO projects which is great.
Rolando & his wife been in US for 20 years and after working for some of the better Landscapers in the area for 14 years been in his own 6 years and doing great. We talked to 2-3 other guys but their customer service was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Whoop! Big weekend around the Garcia household. Got some small, important, exciting, and huge projects going on with many wrapping up. 
++++++++++++++++++++
Small...
Hung some tall blackout curtains for my youngest so she can take her naps in peace. Of course the oldest liked the look of bigger curtains (hers are already blackout) so I bet I'll end up doing the same for her too. 
++++++++++++++++++++
Important...
That damn shower door. You know, the one I started this thread complaining about. We're working on our 4th year in the house and I FINALLY tackled that SOB. Yyeeeeaaaahhhaaaaw.
The biggest issue came down to the alignment of the door. Had to use a rubber mallet to bang the corner in further for a straight hang then install some spacers to raise it up for clearance. Replaced the water seal and caulk (first time caulking and hated it) for good measure and the door is behaving for the first time since we moved in. 
++++++++++++++++++++
Exciting...
The Mrs and I just celebrated 5 years back in May. The traditional present for 5 years is wood so I got her a stack of wood and plans to build an Adirondak love seat. . I had to work on this thing one step at a time to fit it in around our busy schedule but finally finished it up today. AND IT SITS FLAT ON THE GROUND!! Very pleased with how it came out as this was the most difficult build I've done yet. Still need to paint it but here's the final result:
CA96E4A2-1190-409A-897C-C39EF1E61CF2.thumb.jpeg.e8a97148e61db16f7885cfdd6859038d.jpeg
++++++++++++++++++++
Huge....
My wife just started watching that tidying up show on Netflix with Marie Kondo. Needless to say, we're going through a full-on wardrobe cleanse. More to go on that but we're charging ahead for trash bags of clothes to donate. 
++++++++++++++++++++

I'm sure a golfing community like this understands that one of the best parts of projects like this is new tools. I'm finally getting to the point where I feel like I've got a reasonably strong collection and can take on more projects. Can't wait to see what's next. 
Great job on the chair STUD, I hope you and your wife can enjoy it together for many years to come.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

A couple more..........20190531_203029.thumb.jpg.38b29be19c0c64450e9f4c84602c0797.jpg20190519_230133.thumb.jpg.5de3421b6bf4eac5300ad6c029ad0366.jpg

Looks great. Is that wood or tile?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This has been the main project of the house outside from my perspective. The two pictures show how much the grass has filled in since early spring (bottom picture is from earlier this year when it was just coming in.) The grass is filling in really nicely, but probably need to overseed the entire grass during the late fall for next year. Also ignore the dogs pool.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2622.jpg.b4aba8c018542339b76f59477cf58578.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25e9.thumb.jpg.83d64dd951e613a6251adb63cf4f9e37.jpg

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

For my wife's birthday this year, she wanted stone and retaining blocks to build flower beds. Not having a truck has proven to be a challenge, but I'm thankful for trunk space in the cars. We still need to fill the spots in with mulch, but overall is coming along nicely. She's always great about my golf addiction, so she deserves her flowers.20190602_104509-01.jpeg20190602_104503-01.jpeg
Excuse the mess, we're still working on it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 9 months later...

So I need to reseed the grass because my dogs left a large bare spot from the winter looking for any advice on a good grass that holds up to dogs well and won't get destroyed by them. Also going to start demo on a bedroom this week and insulate the room and add a closet that is needed, no bedrooms in my house have closets.

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

So I need to reseed the grass because my dogs left a large bare spot from the winter looking for any advice on a good grass that holds up to dogs well and won't get destroyed by them. Also going to start demo on a bedroom this week and insulate the room and add a closet that is needed, no bedrooms in my house have closets.

Good luck, I have the same problem with the dogs.  Will be following for recomendations.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Working on my home office right now. Repainted everything. Tore out the trim, carpet and everything down to the slab. Going to put in laminate flooring this weekend. Here's the before... And visual (from lumber liquidators website tool) after.

Picture makes it look a lot smaller than the 14x10 dimensions.

We'll see how my installation skills are. Learning as I go. image000000_05.jpgScreenshot_20200416-141345_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Finally got the shelving in in the basement and got my 400+ books off the floor. Next project is shelves for the BluRays to match the book shelves.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Picked up everything for the room... Now I need it to warm up. Apparently the flooring has a minimum temp for the concrete! 20200417_164615.jpg

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Picked up everything for the room... Now I need it to warm up. Apparently the flooring has a minimum temp for the concrete! 20200417_164615.jpg.81cdc964825fb73e88d4175866b09fee.jpg

That laminate is going to look great in there! I've always liked the grey and wanted to put it in the living room, but it was too similar to my kitchen tile. I can't wait to see how it looks once you get it down.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That laminate is going to look great in there! I've always liked the grey and wanted to put it in the living room, but it was too similar to my kitchen tile. I can't wait to see how it looks once you get it down.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks man. I'm excited. I wanted to have it down already, but since it's going in an area where there's cement, I have to wait for the weather to get a bit warmer. There are temperature requirements to put it down according to the manufacturer. So hopefully in the next week or two I'll be able to finish up! It'll be nice to have my office together. It'll be a lot easier to work from home, plus I'll enjoy having clients visit as well.

When my company started telling us we were going to be working from home my wife and I had to figure out where we could make a nice home office for the both of us away from the kids.  We're fortunate enough to be able to have one of the daycare teachers over during the bulk of work hours.

In order to make some room in the rarely used Den I got do take a chainsaw to an old sectional we had.  It was quite a bit of fun.  When we moved in we put a hole in wall getting it down the stairs and around the corner which was fine because we were painting and had stuff to repair it before hand.  But coming out... no way! now we have two workstations, one of which will stay permanently.  

Our plan is to bring one of the smaller sofa's from upstairs down after we're back to the office and eventually replace the other sofa upstairs since it's seen better days.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

It is pouring here in Pennsylvania today and I could hear my some pump running so I walk down in the my basement. Only to find I few inches of water on the floor.  I was debating digging my basement down due to hitting my head on the rafters now looks like I am going to do so just to make sure I have drainage under the floor to avoid my basement flooding again. This sucks and I wish the people I bought this house from would have mentioned that there was issues with water coming through but of course they did not.

It is pouring here in Pennsylvania today and I could hear my some pump running so I walk down in the my basement. Only to find I few inches of water on the floor.  I was debating digging my basement down due to hitting my head on the rafters now looks like I am going to do so just to make sure I have drainage under the floor to avoid my basement flooding again. This sucks and I wish the people I bought this house from would have mentioned that there was issues with water coming through but of course they did not.

Ugh sorry to hear that. We also get water in the basement from time to time but the sump pump generally keeps up.

Hopefully nothing of yours got ruined!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Ugh sorry to hear that. We also get water in the basement from time to time but the sump pump generally keeps up.

i only have hunting stuff in my basement so most of it can deal with the water no problem. It is just something I'd rather take care of now than later.

Unfortunately you gotta do it. Keep it dry to prevent mold in your stuff.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sump pumps are a great as long as you don’t lose electricity. I found that out once.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sump pumps are a great as long as you don’t lose electricity. I found that out once.

Yeah, we had one incident where it got unplugged for some reason and we got some water down there... I can guarantee you that won’t happen again.

14 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Water is not fun. We don't have a sump pump but thankfully live on what is basically a sand dune that overlooks the city. While we have good drainage for the basement, two years ago following the Polar Vortex we found out the backyard sloped slightly back toward our walk-out basement and I spent hours at least two different times with sandbags, snow shovel and small electric pump keeping our basement dry. The patio drain (original to the house - 1961) didn't drain anymore.

Last summer I dug an 18 inch x 2 feet deep trench 12 feet long and did a massive french drain just off the patio. Lot of work and about $400 in materials, but thankfully resolved all of our water problems. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 minutes ago, edingc said:

Water is not fun. We don't have a sump pump but thankfully live on what is basically a sand dune that overlooks the city. While we have good drainage for the basement, two years ago following the Polar Vortex we found out the backyard sloped slightly back toward our walk-out basement and I spent hours at least two different times with sandbags, snow shovel and small electric pump keeping our basement dry. The patio drain (original to the house - 1961) didn't drain anymore.

Last summer I dug an 18 inch x 2 feet deep trench 12 feet long and did a massive french drain just off the patio. Lot of work and about $400 in materials, but thankfully resolved all of our water problems. 

Yea I have a sump pump and it is working a lot but I'm going to dig down to put French drains in the floors and seal everything after that 

14 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Sorry to hear about your mess.  Sounds like a lot of work to get it fixed.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Yeah, we had one incident where it got unplugged for some reason and we got some water down there... I can guarantee you that won’t happen again.

I've had the basement flood twice (insurance covered it thankfully) because of storms, power outage and a burnt out pump. After the last one I bought a Zoeller battery backup pump and a deep cycle marine battery. It was never used until last year, about 4 years after installing, when we again had storms and power out for 18 hours. That battery and pump kept plugging away the whole time. I would never go without a battery back up pump again.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

36 minutes ago, MattF said:

I've had the basement flood twice (insurance covered it thankfully) because of storms, power outage and a burnt out pump. After the last one I bought a Zoeller battery backup pump and a deep cycle marine battery. It was never used until last year, about 4 years after installing, when we again had storms and power out for 18 hours. That battery and pump kept plugging away the whole time. I would never go without a battery back up pump again.

That's a good idea thanks

That's a good idea thanks

Definitely the battery backup.

Rick

Left Hand,