TESTERS WANTED! ×

Home "Improvement"

STUDque

13 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Demoed a room today and my parents came to help. The person who remodeled years ago put dry wall over these beautiful planks. No insulation behind them and no closets. I'm turning an office and bedroom into a master suite and putting a closet in the other room. The room where I will be adding the closet is the room in the picture below. The boards on all 4 sides will be trimmed up and used as trim, a coffee table, and other things I see desired to make out of old boards from I'm thinking the 1920s or earlier.

20200703_153141.jpg

20200703_153135.jpg

Don't ya love old houses 😁? BTW hope you're able to run new wiring as well - since you have the walls and ceilings opened up. . 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Demoed a room today and my parents came to help. The person who remodeled years ago put dry wall over these beautiful planks. No insulation behind them and no closets. I'm turning an office and bedroom into a master suite and putting a closet in the other room. The room where I will be adding the closet is the room in the picture below. The boards on all 4 sides will be trimmed up and used as trim, a coffee table, and other things I see desired to make out of old boards from I'm thinking the 1920s or earlier.
20200703_153141.jpg.1ffcb789d92b1adabd6c252ae7ac2628.jpg
20200703_153135.jpg.d2230cc58fe23bfaee751a3c8523fb81.jpg

Reclaimed wood like that is awesome! The house is going to really nice when you get done w it!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Don't ya love old houses 😁? BTW hope you're able to run new wiring as well - since you have the walls and ceilings opened up. . 

Oh heck yes I plan on doing that and I have to put new plumbing in for the baseboards also.

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Reclaimed wood like that is awesome! The house is going to really nice when you get done w it!

Unfortunately a bunch of them are cracked and a few have older water damage so I won't have as much as I was hoping for but more than enough to do what I want. I might try to make some tables with it and sell them to recoup some money.

Unfortunately a bunch of them are cracked and a few have older water damage so I won't have as much as I was hoping for but more than enough to do what I want. I might try to make some tables with it and sell them to recoup some money.

One of my Dads hobbies was furniture building. I would help him occasionally but I wasn’t into it like him. We would do trips to Vermont looking for old useable wood for his “projects”, wide bar wood was high in his list. Anyway he would take mildly split boards and use them for tables and on the bottom side he would make butterfly pieces and stabilize the cracks. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about it’s old method.
Have fun , great project!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

One of my Dads hobbies was furniture building. I would help him occasionally but I wasn’t into it like him. We would do trips to Vermont looking for old useable wood for his “projects”, wide bar wood was high in his list. Anyway he would take mildly split boards and use them for tables and on the bottom side he would make butterfly pieces and stabilize the cracks. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about it’s old method.
Have fun , great project!

I've thought about using epoxy on them and making tables like that but I have a reclamation place local and I have enough intact wood to do what I need that I'm hoping they take the split stuff so it doesn't get wasted.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a project done on the house. I had a basement step give out on me a few weeks ago so I replaced them sooner than expected. It was a pain to get the stairs level since they are so steep with it being an old house. Salvaged a few of the old steps that were in good shape and made 3 new ones. Finishing demo on the bedrooms this week and then time to rebuild.

20200727_182050.jpg

My wife keeps coming up with new “quarantine projects” I’m ready for this to be over...lol

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I am exhausted from shoveling and wheelbarrowing 4 cu yards of gravel and 3 cu yards of topsoil. The backyard is now level though. Tomorrow I am installing sod.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I am exhausted from shoveling and wheelbarrowing 4 cu yards of gravel and 3 cu yards of topsoil. The backyard is now level though. Tomorrow I am installing sod.

Back yard was woods when we moved in. Cleared it and have brought in over 250 yards. Almost done but not quite there.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Back yard was woods when we moved in. Cleared it and have brought in over 250 yards. Almost done but not quite there.

Holy cow, 250 yards. Hoping you had some heavy machinery to help.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Holy cow, 250 yards. Hoping you had some heavy machinery to help.

Sure did but have 20 I’ll be doing myself. Need to till it all in the fall didn’t get seed down in time before summer hit so rifgt now the level ground is weeds 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

37 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Sure did but have 20 I’ll be doing myself. Need to till it all in the fall didn’t get seed down in time before summer hit so rifgt now the level ground is weeds 

I can't imagine having to move 20 without some machinery.

Speaking about tilling, what a pain it was to remove my old lawn. Thought I tilled enough to remove the lawn, but even after cleaning up and raking, there was still another layer of deep roots still in the ground. For such a crappy lawn that I had previously, the roots were really deep.

Updated 07/15/2022

47 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I can't imagine having to move 20 without some machinery.

Speaking about tilling, what a pain it was to remove my old lawn. Thought I tilled enough to remove the lawn, but even after cleaning up and raking, there was still another layer of deep roots still in the ground. For such a crappy lawn that I had previously, the roots were really deep.

We’re you trying to lay it back down after? Or just till to start fresh?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

14 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

We’re you trying to lay it back down after? Or just till to start fresh?

Fresh start. I guess I could have used a sod cutter to make my life easier, but I think there would still have been roots underneath because the sod cutter only cuts a few inches down.

Updated 07/15/2022

Took a 2 hour break from work today to lay sod in my backyard

ADAB052C-B4F1-4399-9585-5E7B344FB066.jpeg.f66250d919a4ab81b76fbf8c9c0e0e94.jpeg

Updated 07/15/2022

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's looking good! You did a wonderful job getting it level and once that sod sets in, it's going to be nice.

Thanks. Still has some slant to it to ensure proper drainage, but will be much better than before.

Updated 07/15/2022

Nice job!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I am such a gardening newb. Wasn't aware that you shouldn't use topsoil for plants in containers. Had to remove all of the plants and replant with potting soil.

Updated 07/15/2022

On 7/28/2020 at 4:58 PM, dlow206 said:

Nice job!!  I have some more if you want to drive 220 miles, cut it and haul it away... free!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 1 month later...
I’ll be installing 1450 square feet of this stuff over the next...  but hey, I get a new driver out of the deal.

CCEDA4A2-2356-4D56-9736-64209F9ACB5C.jpeg.ff94e0d68f6baa6fa026f7621574a2a7.jpeg

God trade off!

Rick

Left Hand, 

36 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I’ll be installing 1450 square feet of this stuff over the next...  but hey, I get a new driver out of the deal. 👍🏼

CCEDA4A2-2356-4D56-9736-64209F9ACB5C.jpeg

What type? Looks nice! We did LVT in the basement fantastic stuff

now to pick the driver?????......

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

27 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

What type? Looks nice! We did LVT in the basement fantastic stuff

now to pick the driver?????......

Yeah.  Vinyl planks.  I’m cheap, so it took me a while to find something.  Got this from BestLaminate after reading copious amounts of reviews.  Ended up being $1.89 a square foot, with the pad attached with the Labor Day sale. My wife showed me some stuff she liked... but I could have bought a Ferrari or two... 

As for the driver... I am going to leave it to the fitter.  My only requirement is that it is not a Callaway.  Even if it is 75 ok maybe 7 yards longer than the next thing. 😂

Found this mess when I finished the demo up this week. Yea that's the bottom of the rubber roof and that's old shingles. Someone had an old chimney in this section and never put anything under it to make sure there was wood to support the roof. There's a ton of old water damage that doesn't look like it has happened for a while. I will have to get the rubber roof taken care of in a year or two and I will try to remove any bad wood from below and frame then put plywood on top of it to support the rubber roof. I HATE people who don't know how to do things the right way.

20200906_153252.jpg

20200906_153258.jpg

I’ll be installing 1450 square feet of this stuff over the next...  but hey, I get a new driver out of the deal.

CCEDA4A2-2356-4D56-9736-64209F9ACB5C.jpeg.ff94e0d68f6baa6fa026f7621574a2a7.jpeg

They're giving away drivers now with flooring?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Found this mess when I finished the demo up this week. Yea that's the bottom of the rubber roof and that's old shingles. Someone had an old chimney in this section and never put anything under it to make sure there was wood to support the roof. There's a ton of old water damage that doesn't look like it has happened for a while. I will have to get the rubber roof taken care of in a year or two and I will try to remove any bad wood from below and frame then put plywood on top of it to support the rubber roof. I HATE people who don't know how to do things the right way.
20200906_153252.jpg.f756594b0824a90fbc4ff8fc31da85cb.jpg
20200906_153258.jpg.6ac2c01291f833cd205769cf99805d9d.jpg

Good thing you’re looking at everything in the house. Keep chipping away at the problems and you’ll geter done.

Rick

Left Hand, 

21 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Good thing you’re looking at everything in the house. Keep chipping away at the problems and you’ll geter done.

Yea I'm glad I know how to do just about all the work my dad is doing the electric I never touched that before. I've done roofing I never would have left something like that.