TESTERS WANTED! ×

Home "Improvement"

STUDque

I'll cut some of the same insulation I am putting in the walls into those openings. I have to spend quite a bit to get the insulation done but it'll help me save money on oil which will be nice.

A trick I leaned from a builder was to put a layer of caulk over the insulation - sealing the window frame to the studs. That'll further minimize any air filtration.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Anyone here ever put in their own shed foundation?

I’ve got a 10x18 To put up.

Are you pouring concrete or doing a stud floor?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Are you pouring concrete or doing a stud floor?

Was thinking of digging and then putting in a gravel pad as the base. Then maybe spacing some pavers on the ground to keep a little space between the floor and ground.

Heaviest items in there will be a lawn mower and snow blower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Was thinking of digging and then putting in a gravel pad as the base. Then maybe spacing some pavers on the ground to keep a little space between the floor and ground.

Heaviest items in there will be a lawn mower and snow blower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That works. My personal preference is the wood floor with the framed joists beneath. Same as you’re planning with a blower and a walk behind. 

The wood floor joists was easier to start and keep level throughout the build. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

12 hours ago, B.Boston said:

What type of foundation? I did a concrete one back in Sydney many, many years ago. Here, I'd be going with ground contact treated 6x6's and a 1/2-3/4"  marine ply floor.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

14 hours ago, B.Boston said:

For a couple of sheds we had dropped here I leveled the ground and put about 4" of 3/4 stone as the base.  However, those sheds are on 4x4 runners with wood flooring.   In our area no permits are required for the method I used.   A neighbor put 6 x 6 around the perimeter of their stone base which is about 2' larger than the footprint of their shed.  Set into the ground a few inches and rebar'ed in place, it has held up well and looks nice.  

If you are looking for something more permanent then a concrete pad with framing bolted to a pressure treated sill plate may be the direction you want to go. 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Just spent 2 plus grand on some tools, insulation, drywall, and some lighting for my renovation. Some will be getting delivered which is nice and I can put my dog kennels back in my truck.

Bird hunting season coming up need the kennels in the truck!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Today was the annual Fall lawn improvement campaign.  Started last night actually as I raked out the 'good' section of lawn to dethatch it.  Thankfully there was very little dew this morning so I got out the tractor and lawn vac and cut low sucking up all the clippings.  I rented a core aerator & plugged all areas of the lawn.  Returned the aerator and picked up some fresh seed, starter fert & lime.  Got everything spread and used the pull behind dethatcher with no weight to scratch everything into the holes and break up the plugs.  I have the sprinkler on some sections now to soak everything.  I hope we get a bit of rain over the next couple weeks.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

The rabbit hole continues found an old opening for steps where the flooring was flimsy so that go removed and then more flooring came.uo because it was hot garbage. I hate being the kind of person who cannot let mediocre stand when doing work.... plus side is I found a cool vent which I can use as a center piece of a coffee table using some of the reclaimed wood from the house.

20200919_131231.jpg

20200918_145104.jpg

All done. So quiet and so much more room. Next take out oil tank and we’ll be done ready for winter.image.jpg.bd30d7c54b9aebe5b8bc8bcd6a501960.jpg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

All done. So quiet and so much more room. Next take out oil tank and we’ll be done ready for winter.image.jpg.bd30d7c54b9aebe5b8bc8bcd6a501960.jpg

Good looking install!

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Good looking install!

I cannot take credit just assisted! He does great work I was grunt man and cutter lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

11 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I cannot take credit just assisted! He does great work I was grunt man and cutter lol

Sometimes I like being the one holding the dumb end of the tape measure on projects.....less pressure!  😀

17 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Sometimes I like being the one holding the dumb end of the tape measure on projects.....less pressure!  😀

This was more for the fact it actually had to be inspected lol (didn’t have gas before) if I already had gas I would have been comfortable doing it....also works pretty busy so I didn’t have the 5 days to put into this 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

So I took a few more steps in the direction of rebuilding today. Laid some sub floor, got my plumbing, and put in a base plate so I can build the wall between the new room and the hallway. The wall gets built tomorrow and then I fix the big hole in the other section of the room after that. Progress is progress after 8 hours of working and moving things it's time for a beer.

20200920_182151.jpg

You do nice work

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

You do nice work

Tommy got it together.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

You do nice work

Yep.

12 hours ago, tommc23 said:

So I took a few more steps in the direction of rebuilding today. Laid some sub floor, got my plumbing, and put in a base plate so I can build the wall between the new room and the hallway. The wall gets built tomorrow and then I fix the big hole in the other section of the room after that. Progress is progress after 8 hours of working and moving things it's time for a beer.

20200920_182151.jpg

So, how are you with drywall?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I’m really not enjoying the process of stripping back the deck in my pool area prior to reselling it. It’s a reasonably large area, about 280 square feet, so it’s taking longer than I hoped. I wish I’d found the deck oil I’m using now earlier. The old oil had an ugly yellow pigment in it, and isn’t easy to remove. Some hideously stinky stripper, and multiple blasts with the pressure washer is getting me close to being able to reseal. A few patches need a bit of stripper applied, then refresh the timber and I’ll be right to go. The oil application is the easy part.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Yep.

So, how are you with drywall?

Dry wall is easy - it's the dam mudding and sanding I hate. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Drywall I'm okay at I absolutely hate spackling but I can do that as well. I'm leaving the electrical to my dad but I'm doing pretty much everything else.

Key to spackling (mudding) as I've watched guys do it is several very thin coats vs. fewer thicker coats. Also you might want to check out drywall sanders that have a vacuum attached - lots of places rent them. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

11 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Key to spackling (mudding) as I've watched guys do it is several very thin coats vs. fewer thicker coats. Also you might want to check out drywall sanders that have a vacuum attached - lots of places rent them. 

Yea it's still annoying to do no matter what 

Work in progress.  The house was build in the late 50’s when really bad wood paneling was a really good idea. We tried to paint it, but as your can see... it looks horrible... and that color... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Wife wanted to do some faux Shiplap... it’s turning out better than I expected.  Trim will box this in after it gets a coat of paint.  3 rooms like this, possibly 4.

6254D14A-6865-4F38-9FAB-51C75D800700.jpeg

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

Work in progress.  The house was build in the late 50’s when really bad wood paneling was a really good idea. We tried to paint it, but as your can see... it looks horrible... and that color... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Wife wanted to do some faux Shiplap... it’s turning out better than I expected.  Trim will box this in after it gets a coat of paint.  3 rooms like this, possibly 4.

6254D14A-6865-4F38-9FAB-51C75D800700.jpeg

Looks good Alan

Got the wall up and insulated just because it's going to be in the 30s tonight again. Any barrier to keep cold zone a cold zone and the warm zone a warm zone. Taking a break then fixing that hole in my floor before it gets dark. Got a closet and the other easier wall to do tomorrow hopefully. 

20200921_143058.jpg