Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Anyone have any good experience with flooring for a home gym?  

We are converting the kid's old play/hangout room into a home gym.  Eliptical, exercise bike, room for some yoga etc.  10x12.  Anyway... its carpeted, and we were thinking of something else.  I've heard of folks using horse mats, I've seen websites advertising puzzle piece type mats you put together, I've seen pictures of an epoxy type floor.

I'm looking for some real world experience and recommendations.

And before you ask about dual purpose - I've already been told by She Who Must Be Obeyed that this is not for golf - we aren't doing this to swing a club in...  So those kinds of floorings are already off the table...  But don't shed a tear - I've got the birdieball putt up in another room...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

1 hour ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Anyone have any good experience with flooring for a home gym?  

We are converting the kid's old play/hangout room into a home gym.  Eliptical, exercise bike, room for some yoga etc.  10x12.  Anyway... its carpeted, and we were thinking of something else.  I've heard of folks using horse mats, I've seen websites advertising puzzle piece type mats you put together, I've seen pictures of an epoxy type floor.

I'm looking for some real world experience and recommendations.

And before you ask about dual purpose - I've already been told by She Who Must Be Obeyed that this is not for golf - we aren't doing this to swing a club in...  So those kinds of floorings are already off the table...  But don't shed a tear - I've got the birdieball putt up in another room...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

i’ve got the horse stall mats in my garage gym. i’m not sure i’d use them indoors though. 

they come 4x6 and they’re about 75 awkward, floppy pounds each. 

on top of that, it takes a while for the strong rubber smell to go away. 

if i were making a bedroom into a gym, provided i wasn’t dropping any weights, i’d probably go with the interlocking foam/light duty rubber mats. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Had a different water filter system installed yesterday.  The 6year old water softener/filter setup was getting tired.

9D20E459-61E9-4598-98A8-BD02E1A3200D.jpeg

Rick

Left Hand, 

our wifi signal wasn’t carrying from one end of the house to the other. this left the family room, the deck off the family room, and most importantly - the master bathroom (and toilet) with pretty spotty wifi coverage. 

ordered a NetGear wifi extender and hooked it up yesterday. happy to say i’m back to scrolling on the can!

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

4 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

happy to say i’m back to scrolling on the can!

I'm told they call that sh!tbooking.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

28 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

our wifi signal wasn’t carrying from one end of the house to the other. this left the family room, the deck off the family room, and most importantly - the master bathroom (and toilet) with pretty spotty wifi coverage. 

ordered a NetGear wifi extender and hooked it up yesterday. happy to say i’m back to scrolling on the can!

A new epidemic has swept America..... A.R.   Arse Ring from sitting too long!  You better get a cushioned toilet seat!  🤣

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:54 AM, Rickp said:

Pricing is out of control in Fl!! 
We have approximately 2,600 sq ft under heat/air that is a bit large for 2.  When the 3 teenagers and one daughter here a couple weeks ago house got small real 😱

Funny thing, we bought a single story, 3200 sq feet in 2010 for $299, sold it last November for $555, we were going to downsize, only 2 of us,,,, we ended up buying a 3900 sq, with finished basement, 3/4 acre, backyard ends National Park Forest starts, neighbors 40 yards away (I walked it off),,, the smaller ones available needed lots of upgrades and smack in the middle of fairways with neighbors about 20 feet away , no privacy.

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

I don't know if we'll end up in the path of the remnants of Elsa as she moves up the eastern seaboard but we are getting a generator test run tonight since we lost electric.  I was overdue to run it anyway and its not so hot as to need the AC for a while so while a little inconvenient it's not a big deal.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

19 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I don't know if we'll end up in the path of the remnants of Elsa as she moves up the eastern seaboard but we are getting a generator test run tonight since we lost electric.  I was overdue to run it anyway and its not so hot as to need the AC for a while so while a little inconvenient it's not a big deal.

I’m sure you’ll be OK.  2-3” rain with 20-30 mph winds & 40 mph gusts predicted.

Rick

Left Hand, 

59 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’m sure you’ll be OK.  2-3” rain with 20-30 mph winds & 40 mph gusts predicted.

That's all that's predicted for Elsa??  I hadn't bothered to check too carefully yet figuring it was about a week away.... but we had those wind conditions last week in a couple storms!  I am not complaining, I hope all the named summer storms are that mild for everyone! 

Electric came back and the generator test is over for tonight!

7 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

That's all that's predicted for Elsa??  I hadn't bothered to check too carefully yet figuring it was about a week away.... but we had those wind conditions last week in a couple storms!  I am not complaining, I hope all the named summer storms are that mild for everyone! 

Electric came back and the generator test is over for tonight!

That’s what’s predicted (as of yesterday)  for our area north of Orlando.

I believe that’s prediction will change today.

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 1 month later...

I started a backyard experiment yesterday on the lawn.  The heat really beats down the grass and eventually it dies off / goes dormant in large patches.  I use a fescue mix and have had the same results for many years....looks great through June and when July heat starts its downhill and by August its mostly brown.  Except for a patch of zoysia which is the opposite...fairly brown until early June then greens up nicely through the summer.  

So I decided to go zoysia, except I couldn't find any seed.  But I did find bermuda seed and decided to try that.  The course we play re-seeded a couple problem fairways in bermuda last year and they are doing fantastic so I figured I'd try the same thing.  

I didn't do the whole area, just a patch about 25' x 25' to see how it germinates over the next couple weeks.  Scratched up all the dead thatch and lightly rototilled to loosen the top layer, seeded by hand and watered then covered with topsoil and watered again.  Watered twice more yesterday to keep the topsoil moist and checked it again this morning for more water but it was still damp.  Maybe water again around noon.

4 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

I started a backyard experiment yesterday on the lawn.  The heat really beats down the grass and eventually it dies off / goes dormant in large patches.  I use a fescue mix and have had the same results for many years....looks great through June and when July heat starts its downhill and by August its mostly brown.  Except for a patch of zoysia which is the opposite...fairly brown until early June then greens up nicely through the summer.  

So I decided to go zoysia, except I couldn't find any seed.  But I did find bermuda seed and decided to try that.  The course we play re-seeded a couple problem fairways in bermuda last year and they are doing fantastic so I figured I'd try the same thing.  

I didn't do the whole area, just a patch about 25' x 25' to see how it germinates over the next couple weeks.  Scratched up all the dead thatch and lightly rototilled to loosen the top layer, seeded by hand and watered then covered with topsoil and watered again.  Watered twice more yesterday to keep the topsoil moist and checked it again this morning for more water but it was still damp.  Maybe water again around noon.

I have Zoysia grass and you’re right finding seed is similar to finding Unicorn teeth.  Bermuda has gotten into part of my lawn and it’s there and not going anywhere.  Good luck with your experiment.

Rick

Left Hand, 

46 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I have Zoysia grass and you’re right finding seed is similar to finding Unicorn teeth.  Bermuda has gotten into part of my lawn and it’s there and not going anywhere.  Good luck with your experiment.

I think it will germinate OK if its good seed and I can keep it from drying out over the next few weeks.  I think the real challenge will be how it handles our winter temps coming back next spring.  I just got tired of the "drought & heat" resistant grasses I have tried over the last 10 or so years not being heat and/or drought resistant enough. 

How does the bermuda look & survive compared to the zoysia in your lawn?

11 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I think it will germinate OK if its good seed and I can keep it from drying out over the next few weeks.  I think the real challenge will be how it handles our winter temps coming back next spring.  I just got tired of the "drought & heat" resistant grasses I have tried over the last 10 or so years not being heat and/or drought resistant enough. 

How does the bermuda look & survive compared to the zoysia in your lawn?

The Bermuda is slowly taking over.  Not crazy about it but can’t get rid of it.  It seems the Bermuda likes the right side of the lawn with the most shade.  Zoysia is doing fine in the front/back where it gets majority of sun.

Rick

Left Hand, 

The lawn project is ahead of schedule.  Seeded Sat morning, I went to give it some water last evening and there were sprouts already!  Sprouts in 5 days....I didn't expect to see that for another 3 or 4 days at the earliest!  We are getting a nice rain this morning which will also accelerate the growth.  I started raking out the thatch from another area so I can seed that today if the weather cooperates.

officially hurricane ready!

luckily, the previous owners wired up a power inlet at the electrical panel and i was able to find the cord that feeds the inlet 

so if we lose power, we’ll still be pretty comfortable. 

523C8E07-12CC-401A-8D4A-F640E723800E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

officially hurricane ready!

luckily, the previous owners wired up a power inlet at the electrical panel and i was able to find the cord that feeds the inlet 

so if we lose power, we’ll still be pretty comfortable. 

523C8E07-12CC-401A-8D4A-F640E723800E.jpeg

Good luck looks like you guys are going to get it worse than here.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Good luck New Englanders and LonggggIslanders 

Hopefully this weakens as it plods through. I have brothers in CT along the sound and also in North Boston and we’re getting hourly updates. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 minute ago, bens197 said:

Hopefully this weakens as it plods through. I have brothers in CT along the sound and also in North Boston and we’re getting hourly updates. 

Talked to both Kids a while ago and lots of rain and windy but not bad.  Both generators are ready to go.

They are smack in the center of CT.

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Talked to both Kids a while ago and lots of rain and windy but not bad.  Both generators are ready to go.

They are smack in the center of CT.

Good to hear Rick!  Hope It begins to disband soon!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

32 minutes ago, bens197 said:

so far just a steady rain and some wind gusts but nothing too bad 

being stuck inside for a few days due to the rain from Henri gave me time to get some stuff done for my wife in the laundry room. 

hung up a cabinet yesterday which went really smoothly. was able to level it at the right height on a stack of bumper plates from the garage gym. sunk 5 screws through the back of the cabinet into a stud. 

the drying rack (which should have been the easier job) took me about 3 hours and a run to the hardware store today. i wasn’t able to catch a stud where she wanted to hang it, and the anchors that came with the kit turned out to be absolutely useless. 

had to run to the hardware store to get a couple of 1 by strips, paint them, mount them to the studs, and then finally mount the rack to the strips. 

the “hard” job took half an hour. the “easy” job took 3. 

can’t wait to see how long the hanging rod she wants up there will take me…

818A9526-219B-4E5F-9BFA-03A234B52BC6.jpeg

D323C492-FD89-4038-987B-1D65507FD0C2.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

being stuck inside for a few days due to the rain from Henri gave me time to get some stuff done for my wife in the laundry room. 

hung up a cabinet yesterday which went really smoothly. was able to level it at the right height on a stack of bumper plates from the garage gym. sunk 5 screws through the back of the cabinet into a stud. 

the drying rack (which should have been the easier job) took me about 3 hours and a run to the hardware store today. i wasn’t able to catch a stud where she wanted to hang it, and the anchors that came with the kit turned out to be absolutely useless. 

had to run to the hardware store to get a couple of 1 by strips, paint them, mount them to the studs, and then finally mount the rack to the strips. 

That's some good work! I really like the set-up you have there and that washer/dryer combo looks familiar.

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's some good work! I really like the set-up you have there and that washer/dryer combo looks familiar.

thanks man! pretty simple low-budget project. i got the cabinets for free because i’m renovating a kitchen in one of my buildings. i hung two in the garage and one in the laundry room. 

last piece of the puzzle is a rod stretching from the cabinet to the wall. 

hopefully now i won’t have to push drying laundry out of the way while i’m eating breakfast. 

3 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

Nice Job, we have similar setup but can’t take credit came with the house

F9E62BE3-CB1E-408B-B75A-EC08AA5AA13A.jpeg

F4664A1E-9D1C-4684-A6C6-F64AADD273D7.jpeg

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 6:02 PM, Chip Strokes said:

How do you like your Samsung washer and dryer? I have a pair of high-end Kenmore elites (which are really LGs) that I bought brand new when I moved into our home and it just lasted only 10 years. Now the washer sounds like a jet taking off when it's in the spin cycle and I feel like it's not cleaning the clothes as well as it should. I figured just replace both and take advantage of the sales for this holiday weekend. I think to fix it would cost more than the unit itself, LOL so I'm thinking GE with that vent door or the newer LG's with the a360 turbo wash option. I used a Bosch washing machine and dryer at a rental over the summer and was pretty impressed with that but it's pretty small in terms of washing size and expensive. It's going to be an expensive weekend regardless, LOL with those appliance purchases and a safe for some self-defense items I have in the house.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

1 hour ago, MDGolfHacker said:

How do you like your Samsung washer and dryer? I have a pair of high-end Kenmore elites (which are really LGs) that I bought brand new when I moved into our home and it just lasted only 10 years. Now the washer sounds like a jet taking off when it's in the spin cycle and I feel like it's not cleaning the clothes as well as it should. I figured just replace both and take advantage of the sales for this holiday weekend. I think to fix it would cost more than the unit itself, LOL so I'm thinking GE with that vent door or the newer LG's with the a360 turbo wash option. I used a Bosch washing machine and dryer at a rental over the summer and was pretty impressed with that but it's pretty small in terms of washing size and expensive. It's going to be an expensive weekend regardless, LOL with those appliance purchases and a safe for some self-defense items I have in the house.

MDGolfHacker

I have the same ones and got them recently with no complaints they are really quiet and seem to work pretty quick, each one runs under and hour for an average load. We also got the drawers for under it which are fine to move it up, though I will say I am annoyed as a standard detergent bottle cannot stand up and you close it.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3