TESTERS WANTED! ×

Home "Improvement"

STUDque

2 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

I have the same ones and got them recently with no complaints they are really quiet and seem to work pretty quick, each one runs under and hour for an average load. We also got the drawers for under it which are fine to move it up, though I will say I am annoyed as a standard detergent bottle cannot stand up and you close it.

Thanks!  We currently have our full sized washer/dryer in a stacked configuration due to space issues in our laundry/Mud room.  I really miss my old Kenmore elite top loader washer/dryer from my old place. It may have used more water but it actually got my clothes clean! I swear these new high efficiency washers use less water but then I have to do the loads over again to get them clean, so where's the savings in that! 🤔😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

17 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Thanks!  We currently have our full sized washer/dryer in a stacked configuration due to space issues in our laundry/Mud room.  I really miss my old Kenmore elite top loader washer/dryer from my old place. It may have used more water but it actually got my clothes clean! I swear these new high efficiency washers use less water but then I have to do the loads over again to get them clean, so where's the savings in that! 🤔😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

My issue is more that my kids go crazy and I forget to dry them and then they get musty and I get to wash them again 😁

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

7 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

How do you like your Samsung washer and dryer?

they turn on when i hit the power button, and my clothes smell better when they come out than they did when they went in. 

beyond that, i’m not your guy 😂😂

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

7 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

they turn on when i hit the power button, and my clothes smell better when they come out than they did when they went in. 

beyond that, i’m not your guy 😂😂

I started washing MY OWN clothes after retirement 10 years ago and moving to FL.  SWMBO showed me a couple times.  It’s not hard, shorts, golf shirts, socks underwear.  I’m still told I don’t do it right but everything comes out OK.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I started washing MY OWN clothes after retirement 10 years ago and moving to FL.  SWMBO showed me a couple times.  It’s not hard, shorts, golf shirts, socks underwear.  I’m still told I don’t do it right but everything comes out OK.

oh i know how to wash my clothes. i kept all my stuff clean and folded when i was a bachelor. just don’t know a damn thing about washing machines. 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

15 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

How do you like your Samsung washer and dryer? I have a pair of high-end Kenmore elites (which are really LGs) that I bought brand new when I moved into our home and it just lasted only 10 years. Now the washer sounds like a jet taking off when it's in the spin cycle and I feel like it's not cleaning the clothes as well as it should. I figured just replace both and take advantage of the sales for this holiday weekend. I think to fix it would cost more than the unit itself, LOL so I'm thinking GE with that vent door or the newer LG's with the a360 turbo wash option. I used a Bosch washing machine and dryer at a rental over the summer and was pretty impressed with that but it's pretty small in terms of washing size and expensive. It's going to be an expensive weekend regardless, LOL with those appliance purchases and a safe for some self-defense items I have in the house.

MDGolfHacker

Hopefully you'll be able to get them to your house quickly. When I bought mine home appliances were on backorder and they said it was going to take two months to get the dryer. I haven't looked recently into the home appliance shortage problem, so maybe it's cleared up and you can be cleaning clothes in quiet bliss in no time. 

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Hopefully you'll be able to get them to your house quickly. When I bought mine home appliances were on backorder and they said it was going to take two months to get the dryer. I haven't looked recently into the home appliance shortage problem, so maybe it's cleared up and you can be cleaning clothes in quiet bliss in no time. 

I'm ok if there's a wait. As long I show SWMBO that it's ordered😁. The units I'm looking at are in stock for the most part. It's just making sure I get something that's mostly trouble free. I'm starting to get paralysis by over analysis though, lol. I normally go through the consumer reports best lists but the list seems less reliable the past few years so I hobbled my top choices from about 9 different lists I found on the net and averaged it out.  LG seemed to have the most entries in the top 5 with Samsung adding a few in there as well. Whirlpool rounded out the list. Surprisingly Maytag hasn't had a great track record. Honorable mention to Electrolux washer and dryers. I was set on the Bosch washers but am rethinking it as none of the lists except one even mentioned them but they are big in Europe. 🤷‍♂️ Decisions, decisions...lol

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

1 minute ago, MDGolfHacker said:

I'm ok if there's a wait. As long I show SWMBO that it's ordered😁. The units I'm looking at are in stock for the most part. It's just making sure I get something that's mostly trouble free. I'm starting to get paralysis by over analysis though, lol. I normally go through the consumer reports best lists but the list seems less reliable the past few years so I hobbled my top choices from about 9 different lists I found on the net and averaged it out.  LG seemed to have the most entries in the top 5 with Samsung adding a few in there as well. Whirlpool rounded out the list. Surprisingly Maytag hasn't had a great track record. Honorable mention to Electrolux washer and dryers. I was set on the Bosch washers but am rethinking it as none of the lists except one even mentioned them but they are big in Europe. 🤷‍♂️ Decisions, decisions...lol

MDGolfHacker

A few months ago We went with Maytag washer because 3 day delivery and SWMBO liked it, done deal.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, Rickp said:

A few months ago We went with Maytag washer because 3 day delivery and SWMBO liked it, done deal.  

I found a set Of Maytags at Costco for cheap but the reviews weren't great on that particular model🤷‍♂️. Our Kenmore Elites are actually LG washers but I'm ready for a brand change. Still I can't ignore how LG is basically listed at the top or near top on all the lists I've read. I just don't want to buy a set, and then run into some of the horror stories I've read. I'm sure like anything else read on the internet there are more bad stories then good but if I can mitigate it the better.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

22 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

MDGolfHacker

Amen to that!!!  We had one of those efficiency washers that used unicorn farts and a pixie massager instead of water & an agitator to clean the clothes....but it didn't.  At least it didn't get my work clothes clean.  

After a lot of research I bought a Speed Queen top loader that uses water and an agitator.  It even gives you a deep fill option to use even more water if you want!!!   More expensive to be sure but it does have a 10 year warranty I hope to never need to use.  They are basically a commercial grade consumer unit.  Dropped my kid off at college a few weeks ago and in their laundry room on the dorm floor....all speed queens.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Amen to that!!!  We had one of those efficiency washers that used unicorn farts and a pixie massager instead of water & an agitator to clean the clothes....but it didn't.  At least it didn't get my work clothes clean.  

After a lot of research I bought a Speed Queen top loader that uses water and an agitator.  It even gives you a deep fill option to use even more water if you want!!!   More expensive to be sure but it does have a 10 year warranty I hope to never need to use.  They are basically a commercial grade consumer unit.  Dropped my kid off at college a few weeks ago and in their laundry room on the dorm floor....all speed queens.

Yeah, speed Queens were at the top of my list..but I need a front loader for our laundry/mudroom. Space is at a premium for us so we have to have the ability to stack. we' re stuck with only a front loader option. I'll have to check to see if my next washer / dryer has the unicorn farts and a pixie massager option...😁🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

• 3 weeks later...

Planting some extra vines in my tiny backyard vineyard today. Just after I finished digging my last hole of 90, we were hit by a 5.9 Earthquake.  Don’t think my digging caused it 🤞

16F37170-2138-498A-B2F5-43B1223B8503.jpeg.891ae1dae28c51b9be574aa0466050a4.jpeg

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

5 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

Planting some extra vines in my tiny backyard vineyard today. Just after I finished digging my last hole of 90, we were hit by a 5.9 Earthquake.  Don’t think my digging caused it 🤞

16F37170-2138-498A-B2F5-43B1223B8503.jpeg.891ae1dae28c51b9be574aa0466050a4.jpeg

How many acres there mate?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 minutes ago, MattF said:

How many acres there mate?

Block is 1 acre, vineyard is about 1/3 acre, hoping to take yield from 120 to about 220kg

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

2 minutes ago, Peaksy68 said:

Block is 1 acre, vineyard is about 1/3 acre, hoping to take yield from 120 to about 220kg

I'd love 1 acre...one day when we move out of Ohio.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

here are some progress pics of the chicken coop going up in our yard. it’s about 75% done. hoping to have chickens in it by next weekend 

7FADABB6-DCE7-4C28-8136-3D40B29824C6.jpeg

B7F73B8A-A3EA-436E-BEE2-CEBC7AB0B313.jpeg

35D430B2-4C8F-4590-9374-6E13CBAE40DF.jpeg

A2B79AA2-D0DB-4142-9A60-EBEA39439C30.jpeg

D9BE214B-029E-430B-91D1-CF31EEC470F4.jpeg

B243D0EE-D740-4656-B206-6E60A9D5FB4E.jpeg

2FF40B33-2C8E-437D-889A-7C0AF9E32E2B.jpeg

60842C2F-FBA5-4282-BF7A-7B0F433313A1.jpeg

On 9/4/2021 at 1:58 PM, Shapotomous said:

We did a bunch of research too, definitely not the budget option but talking with the owner of our local appliance place, he said if we want something that is any sort of reliable for longer than 5-7 years, that he couldn't recommend anything else other than speed queen.

We absolutely love ours, comes with just the right amount of wash options too!

has anyone ever used carpet tile squares for flooring? 

we’re starting to get our basement together (i’ll get some pics up as our projects get a little further along) and we’re thinking of putting carpet tile squares over the wood floors for the kids side of the basement 

3 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

we’re starting to get our basement together (i’ll get some pics up as our projects get a little further along) and we’re thinking of putting carpet tile squares over the wood floors for the kids side of the basement 

I’ve never done it but have seen finished floor and came out good.  Pretty easy installation and economical.

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’ve never done it but have seen finished floor and came out good.  Pretty easy installation and economical.

yeah there doesn’t seem to be much too it. and it’s great for kids because if they ruin a section you can just pick it up and replace it. 

3 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

yeah there doesn’t seem to be much too it. and it’s great for kids because if they ruin a section you can just pick it up and replace it. 

Exactly!

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

Not yet in a house, but my wife wants some carpet tile(like) rug or something when I get all of the new floor in. I’ll see if I can get the website from her and post it up here.

Learning a hard lesson about when DIY should be left to professionals.  It isn't difficult, but it is time consuming, dirty, and taking place in a very unfriendly environment (I'm not a huge fan of tight spaces).  The pluses are that I don't think I'm going to have near the issue with some phobias anymore,  I'm having fun, and I always think its great to know what tradesman have to go through to build houses I design.  That being said, I also could have have learned this by hanging out at a job site and watching professionals do this -- and it still would have been fun.

PXL_20211007_173404438.jpg.adff5983861991b4e2ca3f051d8a2faa.jpg

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

I replaced a dishwasher a few weeks ago. Total pain, my son was a week old to do at the time. We have granite countertops, and figuring out a way to secure it to the cabinets was a mess. I look back and think paying the install fee would have been smart

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

9 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I replaced a dishwasher a few weeks ago. Total pain, my son was a week old to do at the time. We have granite countertops, and figuring out a way to secure it to the cabinets was a mess. I look back and think paying the install fee would have been smart

How did you screw it into the granite? I installed a new dishwasher down here in Florida last year but was able to screw it into a laminate countertop which was pretty easy. We're going to have granite countertops installed soon so just curious. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

How did you screw it into the granite? I installed a new dishwasher down here in Florida last year but was able to screw it into a laminate countertop which was pretty easy. We're going to have granite countertops installed soon so just curious. 

@tony@CIC

I did my own install and used these.  They basically glue into the underside of the granite and then the tabs from the dishwasher screws in to the brackets...held up pretty well but then the dang dishwasher heating element broke after a few years so I had to break the glue bond to the granite. Had to buy new brackets.

Smart Choice Granite Countertop Dishwasher Installation Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052EDYFC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_X7KD1BD43B5JFNB4ZYGB

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

It's a funny thing, but it's standard procedure(in socal) to run your plywood rough top across the gap where your dishwasher is specifically so that you can have something easy to screw into when you install.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond