TESTERS WANTED! ×

Home "Improvement"

STUDque

5 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Roof company is coming to patch my roof today. I told them a patch is an acceptable temporary fix but with the roof being a year old it is not a permanent fix. I don’t think they liked that but screw ‘‘em there are warranties for a reason. This is the amount of water that was running down my wall this last storm!

I think they owe you a roof and a wall Tom.  That’s terrible.  Sorry to see that.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can get the sidewalk in from of my house removed? 

The reason I ask is because I have some old tree roots that are causing mushrooms in my front yard, these roots have also caused the aforementioned sidewalk to lift and break apart, I also need to grade my front yard to better direct water away from the house toward the ditch. I would do it myself but I am not sure if the ordinance officer would like it too much or if it would cause any issue in the future related to selling or inspecting the house or anything

Important notes: the sidewalk ends on my property and it doesn't really continue the rest of the way down to the intersection, I live in Michigan

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I think they owe you a roof and a wall Tom.  That’s terrible.  Sorry to see that.

And the insulation above that as well. I’m looking for a lawyer because they don’t seem to want to do anything 

37 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can get the sidewalk in from of my house removed? 

The reason I ask is because I have some old tree roots that are causing mushrooms in my front yard, these roots have also caused the aforementioned sidewalk to lift and break apart, I also need to grade my front yard to better direct water away from the house toward the ditch. I would do it myself but I am not sure if the ordinance officer would like it too much or if it would cause any issue in the future related to selling or inspecting the house or anything

Important notes: the sidewalk ends on my property and it doesn't really continue the rest of the way down to the intersection, I live in Michigan

Rental equipment companies can rent you skid steer that would work well for removing it. If not a company that does landscaping would be able to remove it for you.

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

And the insulation above that as well. I’m looking for a lawyer because they don’t seem to want to do anything 

Let me know if you need backup.  Tell them you “know a guy that has 7 Shanks…”. (Me, my wife, and 5 kids being those 7 Shanks…) but they don’t need to know that.

19 hours ago, Shankster said:

Finally done with our updates… just in time to sell it.

E5DA6756-99EE-4912-994D-CA068F3879EF.jpeg

E9A454A5-9C43-4231-A4B4-A75C6DF95FF8.jpeg

B71D67B7-167E-4453-B538-EB8F1C44AA33.jpeg

2F527A63-DB2F-48D8-BD3D-328531147865.jpeg

Those updates look amazing! I love those cabinets.

8 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Roof company is coming to patch my roof today. I told them a patch is an acceptable temporary fix but with the roof being a year old it is not a permanent fix. I don’t think they liked that but screw ‘‘em there are warranties for a reason. This is the amount of water that was running down my wall this last storm!

IMG_0036.MOV

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, Tom. I don't blame you for being angry and they should completely replace the roof, you don't need a temporary solution.

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

100%

23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Let me know if you need backup.  Tell them you “know a guy that has 7 Shanks…”. (Me, my wife, and 5 kids being those 7 Shanks…) but they don’t need to know that.

I’m not the “Lawyer” type but I do believe Tommy has one hell of a decent case here.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Those updates look amazing! I love those cabinets.

I’ll post up the before pictures… it was not good in fact looking at them makes me wonder why I ever bought it, we just refinished the old stuff, wanted to keep it cheap but my wife did a great job making something absolutely hideous look pretty good.

Starting my driveway project tomorrow. Fixing the collapse in the storm drain. Bringing in a box because we will be about 8-9 feet deep. Going to run another pipe across to attach a downspout. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I’ll post up the before pictures… it was not good in fact looking at them makes me wonder why I ever bought it, we just refinished the old stuff, wanted to keep it cheap but my wife did a great job making something absolutely hideous look pretty good.

Yes she did, wives are good at that👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

We’ll after several months of trying to get pricing for an addition we found out some numbers yesterday that we will not be able to afford. 
After much discussion over the past few months and talking yesterday wife and I have decided to sell. We bought low and will sell high and be able to pocket some. Going to move in with my parents and try to wait the market out for the year.

Tough because we love our spot. Have done a ton of work to get it to where it is and that work is Definitely going to pay off but sure does sting a little coming to the realization we have to make the move in order to get a space for the family where we can comfortably entertain indoors. 

shooting to have it in the market by the end of the month emptied out ready to go, wish me luck.

God speed Sir.  Buy a back brace… I shoulda have.  It’s been a sprint to the finish here.  Dead tired.

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

God speed Sir.  Buy a back brace… I shoulda have.  It’s been a sprint to the finish here.  Dead tired.

Good to go. Plenty is going to be tossed. Bringing the kids stuff, and a few other things to my parents rest to storage. Also have my brothers lol I’ll be sipping coffee!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

We’ll after several months of trying to get pricing for an addition we found out some numbers yesterday that we will not be able to afford. 
After much discussion over the past few months and talking yesterday wife and I have decided to sell. We bought low and will sell high and be able to pocket some. Going to move in with my parents and try to wait the market out for the year.

Tough because we love our spot. Have done a ton of work to get it to where it is and that work is Definitely going to pay off but sure does sting a little coming to the realization we have to make the move in order to get a space for the family where we can comfortably entertain indoors. 

shooting to have it in the market by the end of the month emptied out ready to go, wish me luck.

Makes sense. Building for your future brother. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

36 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

God luck!!  Seems like you have a plan and if you’re selling a home right now seems to be the time to do it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I’m not the “Lawyer” type but I do believe Tommy has one hell of a decent case here.  

I am far from a lawyer person my family could have sued multiple times for some things and they were solid cases but we never do because we don’t like lawyers much, sorry if you’re a lawyer. This time I am going to have to suck it up and just do it.

18 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I am far from a lawyer person my family could have sued multiple times for some things and they were solid cases but we never do because we don’t like lawyers much, sorry if you’re a lawyer. This time I am going to have to suck it up and just do it.

I think most of us feel the same.  There are times where you have to do the right thing for you.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Sidewalk laws are generally based on municipality, but typically permit offices are pretty friendly and helpful towards homeowners who are looking to do work on their own and can let you know what your options are. If the sidewalk is a tripping hazard you may be able to get the city to take care of it. 
In cities I’ve worked in, many require that removed sidewalks be replaced to the standard of original construction (even if the surrounding sidewalk looks like crap). In that case it might be more cost effective to do the grading work on your property and leave the sidewalk alone (possibly run a perforated drain pipe below it if it’s too high to allow water to drain off your yard). If you do go the route of replacement, adding plastic root barriers along the side could prevent future mushrooming and cracking due to roots. 
source: worked as a landscaper for 3 years

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS