Home "Improvement"

Our Sponsors

Moles tearing up my yard.

Yes! I hate that one too. They messed my grass up big-time. Really a bummer when you put effort into your yard and it gets torn up by no good varmints.

If anyone has a fix for this, please share.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We did a ton this year but this has to be my favorite. My parents helped us build this in our family room.  

Almost finished building myself a new smoker, will get it done tomorrow before seasoning it and hopefully getting some ribs cooked. Sunday morning   Monday afternoon   

The biggest thing I haven't been able to fix so far is the lack of a simulator.

Posted Images

Got rabbits? Get beagles.

• Like 3

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Yes! I hate that one too. They messed my grass up big-time. Really a bummer when you put effort into your yard and it gets torn up by no good varmints.

I bought a trap, but have yet to catch one. I plan on spreading GrubEx come Spring to hopefully deplete all their food, so they go away.

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

I had pocket gophers and used one of these to take care of the problem.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/-gopher-mole-trap/0000000005897?gclid=CjwKCAjw7frPBRBVEiwAuDf_LWRXSQ8RVrE4gNM5xBZnxDV6kk9DPVmZ8liJWmAOAU1yURFNks_ZihoCaPUQAvD_BwE

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I bought a trap, but have yet to catch one. I plan on spreading GrubEx come Spring to hopefully deplete all their food, so they go away.

If your plants aren't getting killed by the roots being eaten, then you've got voles, not moles. Voles eat the grubs but 70% of their diet is worms. We have the same problem that is usually evident in the spring.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

For the moles, I installed this under the lawn and haven't had a problem since. What about those ultrasound emiting devices? It doesn't kill them, just scares them away. Not sure if it has any effects on dogs.

maulwurf.JPG

For the rabbits, I have a friend who just built a small eletrical fence around his garden. Keept his tiny dogs and rabbits from destroying the flowes.

I also had some water flowing into the basement. Turns out, my carport was redirecting the rain into the driveway... installed a drain back to the streets and problem solved.

Biggest headache are the oaks in our backyard. By German law, I am not allowed to chop them off, so I have to clean about 2200 lbs of leaves every autumn. Worst thing is when they clog the rain pipe on the roof. Since it's a 3 story house, I got no ladder high (or safe) enough to clean it myself, so always have to hirea company to do it.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

My son jammed a toy in our sliding bathroom door when he was a toddler so it doesn't quite open all the way. Fortunately it can still close. It's been this way for a few years but I don't see any good way to fix it without opening up the wall where the door pocket is.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

As our house was built some 25 years ago, we are having the normal settling issues- nail heads popping out, drywall cracking, etc.  We just need to break down and have the interior painted.  The other issue is our heating and air conditioning - we have a good furnace and good heat pump outside- (and actually replaced the exterior unit  a few years ago.  Problem is that inside the damping system does not work as efficiently as I would like- in the summer it is freezing in the basement, and warm on the third floor- in the winter the heat seems to run more often than not and we are using about 25% more natural gas (according to the gas company) than most of our neighbors- so I would like to get an efficiency evaluation, but will probably show we need new windows which is a cost I am not ready to invest...  Although I could probably install them myself (at least the first two floors)

• Like 1

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Story time!

Basically, my neighbor is a douche nozzle. So when they moved in, they put up a privacy fence. No issue for me at all, couldn't care less. They tied to my fence without asking and put the boards on the inside contrary to our HOA rules but again I said nothing. Theirs butts up to mine the entire length of one side.

They also brought in an out building against HOA codes. Doesn't match the house, Blah blah blah... again I don't care. No building permits were issued for either. So what.

These weird folks sit on the back porch all day, every day (the wife) and smoke cigarettes and stare into my yard (they have a split foyer, mine is a ranch). Weirdos.

Fast forward to this year. I cut my grass weekly at a minimum. So I cut it one day and have a knock at the door. Douchebag says “hey do you not mind cutting my grass across the line, I like to keep mine a certain length”. Mind you he only cuts every 2 weeks and it gets high and looks like crap. Problem is he says the fence is the line. Doesn't quite work that way Codsack. My fence is 18 inches inside the property line. So I say “im not cutting over the line”, close the door and think nothing of it. He cuts his and it's literally 1/8” higher, no joke. So I cut mine again the next week. The wife cries to the HOA via the community Facebook page “I need the HOA president to contact me ASAP”. I know him so I shot him a text. “Let me guess, they're whining because I actually cut my grass”. Yep, you guessed it. So it's a game for me at this point. I started to get a survey done and make them move the fence. Decided to renovate and sell instead. In the mean time, the next time I cut it, they go buy bushes and plant them, fence to road, along what they think is the property line. Well, I see them digging and I know the cable, gas, and water are along that line. I call the sheriff, whom I also know, and tell them to send someone out and let them know that it's a crime to dig without having a utility locate done. (I've worked in utilities a decade and a half and know the rules and laws well, lol). And I put a stop to that, just to terrorize them more. She again cries on the community Facebook page. I tell the HOA president and he and I get a huge laugh. So now I've started cutting my grass except for a 2 foot strip along what they think is the property line. It's about 2 feet tall at this point and it drives them NUTS. Lol.

I'm waiting on him to have the balls to come say something. And when he does, I'm going to tell him let's go to civil court, where I'll force him to pay for the survey and then I'll force him to move his fence and all the bushes. Or he can buy the property from me, at $125 per linear foot. It's around 120 feet of fence that would have to be moved. And luckily for him it's not the entire property line as my lot is a rectangular shape that's almost 3 acres

• Like 7

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Yes! That was everything I had hoped for. Thanks for sharing.

Assert your dominance by taking up nudism in your back yard.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Dealt with that for two years when I first moved in. Tried all kinds of chemicals etc but nothing worked. Bought the tomcat mole trap. Caught one big mole that was tearing up my yard. Had another mole invade my lawn last year. Used the same trap and got it within a few hours of setting the trap. Lawn looked like Frankenstein's face after the first two years. They can really tear up the lawns...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Dealt with that for two years when I first moved in. Tried all kinds of chemicals etc but nothing worked. Bought the tomcat mole trap. Caught one big mole that was tearing up my yard. Had another mole invade my lawn last year. Used the same trap and got it within a few hours of setting the trap. Lawn looked like Frankenstein's face after the first two years. They can really tear up the lawns...

MDGolfHacker

I have the same trap and I've caught nothing. I must be doing something wrong

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Had great success with the tomcat mole trap. Spring loaded pincers that kill the mole. Took me a day to get it working right but after that, caught the next mole with an hour of deploying it. And it's reusable.

MDGolfHacker

Social Media:

As our house was built some 25 years ago, we are having the normal settling issues- nail heads popping out, drywall cracking, etc. We just need to break down and have the interior painted. The other issue is our heating and air conditioning - we have a good furnace and good heat pump outside- (and actually replaced the exterior unit a few years ago. Problem is that inside the damping system does not work as efficiently as I would like- in the summer it is freezing in the basement, and warm on the third floor- in the winter the heat seems to run more often than not and we are using about 25% more natural gas (according to the gas company) than most of our neighbors- so I would like to get an efficiency evaluation, but will probably show we need new windows which is a cost I am not ready to invest... Although I could probably install them myself (at least the first two floors)

Does the third floor get colder in the winter? If it does that is an issue with your HVAC system not getting enough air to that floor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have the same trap and I've caught nothing. I must be doing something wrong

LOL, it took me a day to get it working properly. Instructions on the thing isn't very clear so I went to YouTube to see how it was being used. Biggest thing is to make sure the pincers have a channel across the tunnel to close and that it's an active mole tunnel (easily identifiable if you partially collapse the tunnel and the tunnel is dug back out). I thought one of my kids accidentally set the trap off after working on the trap for a day so when I pulled the trap up, imagine my surprise when the mole was caught in the pincers... They have giant digging paws and are ugly... Once I got how the trapped worked, the next time a new mole made its way to my yard, I caught it within a hour or so after deploying the trap. Less overall damage to the lawn.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Social Media:

Does the third floor get colder in the winter? If it does that is an issue with your HVAC system not getting enough air to that floor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Our house has the same issue. Part of it is that that the housing insulation within the walls have settled so more heat and cold are radiated through the walls and our windows just flat out need to be replaced as they aren't insulating anymore either. So even when shunts are directing cold air to the top floors, our master bedroom can be hot by 5-10 degrees compared to the basement and compared to the kids rooms on the same floor but at the opposite end of the hallway...

MDGolfHacker

Social Media:

file-BBFFF2FE-6EA0-488A-9585-7DD929DB199A-801-00000058C1B598EF.jpg

Words can't even express how happy I am to be done with this project. I've had to hear about it no less than 5x per month for the past 2 years we've been in this house.

Then the actual project was a combination of terrifying and annoying up on a fully extended ladder. Phew. Hopefully this scratches the itch to change stuff with the house for a while.

• Like 4

attachicon.giffile-BBFFF2FE-6EA0-488A-9585-7DD929DB199A-801-00000058C1B598EF.jpg

Words can't even express how happy I am to be done with this project. I've had to hear about it no less than 5x per month for the past 2 years we've been in this house.

Then the actual project was a combination of terrifying and annoying up on a fully extended ladder. Phew. Hopefully this scratches the itch to change stuff with the house for a while.

So you did the siding on your house? It looks great and would definitely be terrifying on a ladder for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

So you did the siding on your house? It looks great and would definitely be terrifying on a ladder for me.

Sorry, not the siding. I should've clarified.

I painted the shutters. The afternoon sun hits them hard and they were faded even when we bought the house (and got worse over the 2 years). The coat of paint really made it look like a new house.

We live in a duplex and the neighbor's shutters need to be done as well. We're now winning the curbside appearance competition lol.

Sorry, not the siding. I should've clarified.

I painted the shutters. The afternoon sun hits them hard and they were faded even when we bought the house (and got worse over the 2 years). The coat of paint really made it look like a new house.

We live in a duplex and the neighbor's shutters need to be done as well. We're now winning the curbside appearance competition lol.

Nice - glad you didn't have to do the dormers on the roof.

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel