Home "Improvement"

Our Sponsors

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

nice work - especially on the shiplap. 

Thank you.  Wife is happy, we all know what that means... I get a Driver! Or a wedge, or a bag.... cannot decide!

• Like 9
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost finished building myself a new smoker, will get it done tomorrow before seasoning it and hopefully getting some ribs cooked. Sunday morning   Monday afternoon   

We did a ton this year but this has to be my favorite. My parents helped us build this in our family room.  

We’ve been doing so much work outside. Of course it is sooo hot here we can do it early morning, or late a night. Still have some small things to do, but for the most part it’s ready to go. As I flipp

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Thank you.  Wife is happy, we all know what that means... I get a Driver! Or a wedge, or a bag.... cannot decide!

Happy wife = happy life

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Why only one

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 9/22/2020 at 12:10 AM, alfriday101 said:

I have this table saw for the farm.  Very well built saw and has a nice safety feature.  Makes me feel safer when working alone in a building with less than ideal cell service.     

My next door neighbor also bought one, but only after almost losing three fingers.  

So be careful out there in DIY land.  

What is this sorcery!?  That's amazing

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Got pretty much all the electrical run today in the two bedrooms, one closet built, some subflooring in. I'll be insulating and putting up vapor barrier tomorrow and hopefully finishing the subfloor in one room.

• Like 6

Well got insulation and vapor barrier up in 3 of the 4 walls. The only wall not done is because I have subflooring against the wall and we were unable to run the electricity to this wall the closet. I'm done for the day I'm on vacation so I don't have to worry about work for the next 10 days. Subfloor tomorrow hopefully in both rooms so all I have to do is frame over part of a wall and build one last closet. Crappy part of there being no closets in the house is I have to make them from scratch and the house isn't square so the closets cannot be completely square. Only worked 3 hours today but I worked overtime last night and my bed at work is giving me upper back pain so I'm not pushing it since I have time.

20201007_122300.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Well got insulation and vapor barrier up in 3 of the 4 walls. The only wall not done is because I have subflooring against the wall and we were unable to run the electricity to this wall the closet. I'm done for the day I'm on vacation so I don't have to worry about work for the next 10 days. Subfloor tomorrow hopefully in both rooms so all I have to do is frame over part of a wall and build one last closet. Crappy part of there being no closets in the house is I have to make them from scratch and the house isn't square so the closets cannot be completely square. Only worked 3 hours today but I worked overtime last night and my bed at work is giving me upper back pain so I'm not pushing it since I have time.

20201007_122300.jpg

Looks like great progress. Are you putting a subfloor over that Oak T&G?

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

13 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Looks like great progress. Are you putting a subfloor over that Oak T&G?

Yea there are sections that are really beat up and the subfloor I'm using is only a 1/4 inch thick but I'm using it to make things level and I have a leveling cement for under it to make sure the low spots are fixed before I put it down to make it the best I can.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, tommc23 said:

20201007_122300.jpg

Outside it got to 48 last night. My house didn't drop below 65 which is nice. Once I have the ceiling insulated and the drywall in this should definitely help my heating bill.

• Like 4
Outside it got to 48 last night. My house didn't drop below 65 which is nice. Once I have the ceiling insulated and the drywall in this should definitely help my heating bill.

Yup, button it up B4 the Pennsylvania winter blows in.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Yup, button it up B4 the Pennsylvania winter blows in.

I'm not worried about that I need it buttoned up before I have puppies on the ground in November. Good time to be on vacation to get things done if Lowe's stops pushing my orders back

• Like 2
I'm not worried about that I need it buttoned up before I have puppies on the ground in November. Good time to be on vacation to get things done if Lowe's stops pushing my orders back

Yup, forgot about the upcoming litter.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Got the master bedroom subflooring done. Had to use the leveling cement to fix some areas and I cut some pieces of the left overs up and used said cement to fill the gaps not destroying a piece for a small section so I said screw it and used what I had. Perfect no but once the flooring is over it I won't feel any dips because it's smooth and flat.

20201008_173130.jpg

20201008_173125.jpg

20201008_144712.jpg

• Like 5

Today sucks already picked up the bedroom doors yesterday and realized the area I had for the door will not work. Stupid people that built the house and the slope of the back roof is so that I cannot use the door without cutting 4 inches off of it just so I can not hit the sloped beams. So today I will be reframing for a door in a different area and I still have another wall and closet to do. Glad I found this out now and not when it was dry walled and finished, note to everyone learn from my f☆☆k ups.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

Today sucks already picked up the bedroom doors yesterday and realized the area I had for the door will not work. Stupid people that built the house and the slope of the back roof is so that I cannot use the door without cutting 4 inches off of it just so I can not hit the sloped beams. So today I will be reframing for a door in a different area and I still have another wall and closet to do. Glad I found this out now and not when it was dry walled and finished, note to everyone learn from my f☆☆k ups.

Drywall is the bane of my existence 🤦‍♂️. Glad you were able to move it around prior to really letting some F bombs rip....more than I’m sure they already did

• Like 1

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Know what you mean. Our 1st house was built early 40’s and my Dad and I were doing similar projects.
You wonder sometimes “what were these morons thinking”! You’re doing a great job getting it right.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Drywall is the bane of my existence 🤦‍♂️. Glad you were able to move it around prior to really letting some F bombs rip....more than I’m sure they already did

Oh definitely did don't you worry lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1