Home "Improvement"

Our Sponsors

"One" thing, you'd asked? That's funny!!! There's not enough room on this entire forum to list all the things that could use repair .. and the sad thing is we bought the house completely remodeled from a builder......

But to list one annoying thing I'll agree on the shower doors - have tried to add silicone twice and the (bleep) ((expletive deleted)) (bleep) (bleep) thing still lets out a few drops through the bottom sill.....

(time to tear it out and start over, I guess)

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost finished building myself a new smoker, will get it done tomorrow before seasoning it and hopefully getting some ribs cooked. Sunday morning   Monday afternoon   

We did a ton this year but this has to be my favorite. My parents helped us build this in our family room.  

SuperSpeed protocol had to take a day off yesterday. My son asked me to help him redo plumbing and tile work. While he set the tile, I did the cutting with the 'wet' tile saw. Hot, humid 11 hour day,

Posted Images

"One" thing, you'd asked? That's funny!!! There's not enough room on this entire forum to list all the things that could use repair .. and the sad thing is we bought the house completely remodeled from a builder......

But to list one annoying thing I'll agree on the shower doors - have tried to add silicone twice and the (bleep) ((expletive deleted)) (bleep) (bleep) thing still lets out a few drops through the bottom sill.....

Nnnoooo......then you'll have twice as many drops!!!

Trust me Grasshopper!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Nnnoooo......then you'll have twice as many drops!!!

Trust me Grasshopper!!!

Oh I didn't do it the first time - I am NOT that handy! Minor fix-it things, ok. Like "gooping" with silicone. And .. quite fortunately .. my wife knows it and doesn't push me to do anything beyond my meager capabilities. Like Studque's project!!! (Count me impressed!)

Oh - and she won't let me climb ladders anymore, so no more gutters either!

Prefer outdoor maintenance and yard work, actually.

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Oh I didn't do it the first time - I am NOT that handy! Minor fix-it things, ok. Like "gooping" with silicone. And .. quite fortunately .. my wife knows it and doesn't push me to do anything beyond my meager capabilities. Like Studque's project!!! (Count me impressed!)

Oh - and she won't let me climb ladders anymore, so no more gutters either!

Prefer outdoor maintenance and yard work, actually.

I used to fix, repair everything but now that I'm retired SWMBO is afraid I'm going to get hurt. It's a “battle” daily. She won't let me go in the attic because of my bad knees, well when she's home I don't go up there.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Yeah haha. There's no such thing as just "one more thing"

Each project I finish spurs her ideas for more. For a while, she had a pipe dream about painting the kitchen cabinets but this backsplash project effectively put that to bed. I wonder what else will pop up as she watches HGTV.

Next up: Build a costume closet for the girls.

Intermediate: Figure out a solution for the shower door

Distant future: Paint the foyer (20ft ceiling) and build a deck (12ft high)

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Yeah haha. There's no such thing as just "one more thing"

Each project I finish spurs her ideas for more. For a while, she had a pipe dream about painting the kitchen cabinets but this backsplash project effectively put that to bed. I wonder what else will pop up as she watches HGTV.

Next up: Build a costume closet for the girls.

Intermediate: Figure out a solution for the shower door

Distant future: Paint the foyer (20ft ceiling) and build a deck (12ft high)

Be careful with the shower door. They are supposed to “weep” excessive water. This is to drain and keep out mild and mildew. Depends on where the water is of course.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Be careful with the shower door. They are supposed to “weep” excessive water. This is to drain and keep out mild and mildew. Depends on where the water is of course.

My problem is that I can't get it to close flush. If I close it from the outside for my wife, no problems. But I can't close it right from the inside and I take showers before she's up.

The handle is one of these and it's a total piece of junk. I really need to be able to lift "up" to close the door properly but this just slides up and down the door edge:

4119CLwwsdL._SY300_.jpg

I want to use a type that I can drill straight through for more control but the glass is tempered so I'm not thrilled about the idea of shattered glass all over my bathroom floor.

• Like 2

My problem is that I can't get it to close flush. If I close it from the outside for my wife, no problems. But I can't close it right from the inside and I take showers before she's up.

The handle is one of these and it's a total piece of junk. I really need to be able to lift "up" to close the door properly but this just slides up and down the door edge:

4119CLwwsdL._SY300_.jpg

I want to use a type that I can drill straight through for more control but the glass is tempered so I'm not thrilled about the idea of shattered glass all over my bathroom floor.

Yup, that's a completely different problem. I wouldn't mess with drilling the glass, not with my bad luck.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Yup, that's a completely different problem. I wouldn't mess with drilling the glass, not with my bad luck.

This is our Guest Shower Door, no leaks.

Master Bathroom no doors just walk in.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

This is our Guest Shower Door, no leaks.attachicon.gifIMG_1831.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1832.JPG

Master Bathroom no doors just walk in.

Ooooo you fancy. I think your guest shower is nicer than my master.

• Like 4

Ooooo you fancy. I think your guest shower is nicer than my master.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Here's another project that I'm glad to be done with. I've been getting regular reminders to handle the backsplash since we moved into the house.

This project helped me earn the pass out of the house to go play last Sunday with CG2 and ddryan.

Here's the "before." I didn't personally mind the backsplash but SWMBO hated it so it's gotta go. I'm so glad I used the cardboard to catch all my debris.

p3tz8rL.jpg

Using a 7-in-one tool, I chipped off the existing splash. At first, I was happy that it was only mounting tape holding it on (instead of glue) but later changed my opinion.

7KdnhOH.jpg

Here it is all off. Still plenty of tape to get off. Glass sprayed everywhere as the pieces broke off. Stupid me started in socks and stepped on a 1" piece. That wasted about 30 minutes while I tended to the wound.

ISpmxdY.jpg

Half a day of sanding and chipping and applying adhesive remover and on and on and on I've finally got a reasonably clean wall to work with.

qqRLUBE.jpg

2 runs at spackling and sanding. Now I've got my entire kitchen covered in dust.

vAlrTG7.jpg

Paint. This was by far the easiest step. It looks awfully naked in there. Not pictured, I moved the light forward (towards me) to accommodate the shelves.

VZMjK9K.jpg

Original shelves.

PtR1xCa.jpg

Sanded.

HDXTK0J.jpg

Painted.

imEOC4N.jpg

Installed.

wbH0RnK.jpg

Aaaaaaaand finished product.

lqIExSN.jpg

46LuCSJ.jpg

Just call me Bob Vila from now on. I'm actually quite happy with how it came out. It was my wife's vision so blame her for the decorating 🤪 This took me 2 1/2 days of solid work and I hated almost every second of it. Glad to be done!

Looks great!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Mine is a bit left field, rabbits!

I'm on an acre, and the rabbits are approaching plague proportions. Anything we plant needs a guard on it or the little @&@&&@$@s chew them to ground level. One of the few downsides of having a mild winter is the rabbits don't get knocked back by winter. Any disturbed ground gets dug up on the first night.

I can't shoot them, as I'm in town, and as I'm not a real farm, can't access gas pellets to gas the warrens. I'm hesitant to use other poisons because my dogs eat anything.

A high quality air rifle,, donate the meat to a local soup kitchen. Done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

For Christmas this year, our house rewarded us with the immediate need to replace our drawer-style $1k microwave oven-yesterday..! Thanks house! This is on top of the year of never-ending joy of our home-owner cheer. During the past 6-months we've been rewarded with a new dishwasher, garbage disposal and for laughs, a replacement 65" TV...all of which have found their way to go "f-it" suddenly just after warranties have lapsed..!

Hard sometimes to justify a sometimes "leisurely" lifestyle where the occasional golf game is involved and have to constantly juggle those "important" disposable "needs" with actual required expenditures...

Damn

:huh: 

• Like 5

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

A high quality air rifle,, donate the meat to a local soup kitchen. Done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Rabbit Stew!!

Good stuff

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

For Christmas this year, our house rewarded us with the immediate need to replace our drawer-style $1k microwave oven-yesterday..! Thanks house! This is on top of the year of never-ending joy of our home-owner cheer. During the past 6-months we've been rewarded with a new dishwasher, garbage disposal and for laughs, a replacement 65" TV...all of which have found their way to go "f-it" suddenly just after warranties have lapsed..!

Hard sometimes to justify a sometimes "leisurely" lifestyle where the occasional golf game is involved and have to constantly juggle those "important" disposable "needs" with actual required expenditures...

Damn

We've all had those “stretches” where everything goes sideways for a while. Good luck, Merry Christmas and I'm sure you'll have a great 2018.

What else can break, everything is new!

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Damn

I'm sure this won't make you feel better but you're not alone. We have a relatively new LCD tv that cra* **ed out on us (thanks Samsung). But we do have a 12 yr old Sony lcd that's still going strong.

Welcome to the joys of home ownership.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Damn

I had one of those stretches this spring where everything was breaking down and needed to be replaced. Touch wood, has been smooth sailing since then

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

17 trees on a .5 acre lot that puke leaves and twigs and rubbish all over the yard in the fall. I have four Lindens that spit sap throughout the spring and turn my car into a venus fly trap. When one of them sprouts dollar bills I'll be able to cut them down and replant some a little more user friendly.

• Like 5
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Western, NY

5.7 Index

17 trees on a .5 acre lot that puke leaves and twigs and rubbish all over the yard in the fall. I have four Lindens that spit sap throughout the spring and turn my car into a venus fly trap. When one of them sprouts dollar bills I'll be able to cut them down and replant some a little more user friendly.

Be sure to let me know where you got that tree that sprouts dollar bills

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 4