Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Home "Improvement"

STUDque

On 3/7/2024 at 11:29 AM, tony@CIC said:

Well it finally got to be that time - remodeling the guest bathroom in our Florida condo. As background, we bought the condo in 2020 from its original owner (actually from his family) and hasn't been updated since it was originally built in 1992. Typically, I do all of the remodeling with the last project being the kitchen. However, two lessons learned from that project: removing tile, especially from a concrete floor is a miserable job, two; I'd rather be golfing. However, there are things I can easily do between rounds, like demo. So let the project begin and hopefully no big surprises! 

IMG_0831.jpg.5dd34e22ff6c6677481661f8ff0062b4.jpg

We knew the old vanity was not only out of date and way too low but surprised that the particle board had warped and, in some places, started to disintegrate from moisture (leaky faucet?). 

IMG_0834.jpg.63288feba65202c3833909aa3255a841.jpg

A hammer made quick work of the manmade stone countertop and cabinet. But the huge 3X5' mirror was a challenge. We got it into the back of our small suv but it did break on the way to the county dump. We knew we had wallpaper but didn't realize it was painted over and oh by the way that was put on top of another layer of wallpaper. I was good - I kept all of the swear words under my breadth as I was removing decades of old wallpaper from UNPRIMED walls which came off with some of the drywall paper

IMG_0858.jpg.e9a3d74fc6d6d1a78302576b25a314e3.jpg

At the same time, we (she) decided we needed to upgrade the fixtures, including those in the shower. That in itself was a separate journey trying to get an upgrade to the existing shower faucet - of which there is only one model available that looks like the old one. Think - new rough in valve plus the rest of the assembly. Since it had to be done in concert with the tile guy (he's replacing the old drywall in the shower with cement board - yeah they used drywall in back of the shower tile ) - I decided to farm that project out as well. 

IMG_0871(2).jpg.1f2cdd7528bdfd1c203733541de5a386.jpg

More updates coming next week - stay tuned folks. 

Good luck with the project!  I think I would have done it myself and also gut the shower and put in a new pan.  During the Covid spring, I finished our upstairs bonus room and bath and staircase that was roughed in when we built the house a couple years earlier.  I had never done that before but was well worth it.  With all the trouble you had with removing the wallpaper etc, I would have just removed the sheet rock and replaced it. That would also help with running any electrical if that was needed.  

But, I get it about wanting to play golf, but I can only golf so much and I like doing ‘building’ projects.  What I save with diy, I can spend elsewhere.  For my bonus room & full bath, my builder wanted $60K and I did it for $27K.  

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

14 minutes ago, GaryF said:

What I save with diy, I can spend elsewhere.  For my bonus room & full bath, my builder wanted $60K and I did it for $27K.  

Yup - I get that! Typically,  I do all of the house projects, the last one was replacing all of the kitchen cabinets plus removing the tile floor (off of concrete). The tile removal convinced me that I never want to do that again. Our tile guy had the ceramic bathroom floor and wall tile demoed in less then a couple of hours. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Took advantage of some nice weather today to do some yard cleanup around the putting green and stream.  So i take full blame if the mid atlantic gets a late winter blizzard in the next two weeks since i even brought out the ballwasher.  Flags and sticks need some paint.  Some think the color scheme is john deere green & yellow because thats where the spray paint came from but to me it looks like Augusta colors!

IMG_20240316_170548902_HDR.jpg.4cee292676de67f9f8d6ec0da83fe165.jpg

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

10 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Took advantage of some nice weather today to do some yard cleanup around the putting green and stream.  So i take full blame if the mid atlantic gets a late winter blizzard in the next two weeks since i even brought out the ballwasher.  Flags and sticks need some paint.  Some think the color scheme is john deere green & yellow because thats where the spray paint came from but to me it looks like Augusta colors!

IMG_20240316_170548902_HDR.jpg.4cee292676de67f9f8d6ec0da83fe165.jpg

Dang… I’m jealous! I wanted to do something similar in my back yard but I’m afraid I’d mess it up and waste my money. Is there a lot of maintenance to keep things looking nice?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Welp it was pricey but my word… what an upgrade.

quieter more efficient overall just better.

IMG_8460.jpeg

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

1 hour ago, TSauer said:

Dang… I’m jealous! I wanted to do something similar in my back yard but I’m afraid I’d mess it up and waste my money. Is there a lot of maintenance to keep things looking nice?

Maintenance on the putting green consists of painting the flags and sticks once a year, using the leaf blower for less than 5 min on a frequent basis, but we live in a state forest so leaves are a plague.  I do get some weeds creeping into the fringe but a few times a year maybe 10 min to pull them out.  If it starts rolling too fast I will take a push broom to it for maybe 15 min to make the blades of fake grass stand up a bit to slow it down.  It has been a great backyard practice spot for the last 15 years.  We paid to have it put in by a certified SW Greens installer and they did a great job, worth every $ to me.

The stream / waterfall was necessary for SWMBO to OK the whole project.  Maintenance is to add a bit of bleach to the water a few times a year.  Adjusting the rocks in the stream bed has to happen after each visit from a little kid as they love to play in the water.  But I don't stop them because I remember how much fun it was to do that as a kid.  Leaves need to be picked out frequently.  The water feature was designed and installed by us.  Shaping the stream bed and hauling tons of rocks was my fitness membership for a summer.

We only use potted plants around the green so they need to be watered frequently in the summer heat, usually every other day.  For me that's a worthy trade to weeding a garden bed.  And the plants need to be sprayed with deer out every two or three weeks to keep the deer from eating them.

I think its the kind of thing to do if you know you are in the house for the long term.

Edited by Shapotomous

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.