Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Breaking Shaft Extensions

I'm 6' 7".  I ignored all of the advice and had my graphite-shafted clubs extended from +1" to + 2 1/2".  Contrary to all the predictions, I love the results.  Everything feels better, and I gained 5 to 10 yards on my wedges and about 15 yards on my longest irons and woods. ... Problem is, on my first bucket of range balls four of my shaft extensions snapped off!  No doubt the rest will break any time, and I need a solution. Does anyone make a shaft extension that's as strong as a graphite shaft? 

I'm 6' 7". I ignored all of the advice and had my graphite-shafted clubs extended from +1" to + 2 1/2". Contrary to all the predictions, I love the results. Everything feels better, and I gained 5 to 10 yards on my wedges and about 15 yards on my longest irons and woods. ... Problem is, on my first bucket of range balls four of my shaft extensions snapped off! No doubt the rest will break any time, and I need a solution. Does anyone make a shaft extension that's as strong as a graphite shaft?

Did the extension itself break, or was it at the joint.

I'm 6' 7".  I ignored all of the advice and had my graphite-shafted clubs extended from +1" to + 2 1/2".  Contrary to all the predictions, I love the results.  Everything feels better, and I gained 5 to 10 yards on my wedges and about 15 yards on my longest irons and woods. ... Problem is, on my first bucket of range balls four of my shaft extensions snapped off!  No doubt the rest will break any time, and I need a solution. Does anyone make a shaft extension that's as strong as a graphite shaft? 

... and to follow up on Jlukes, what shaft extension did you use and where did you buy it? I have been using them for many years and never had a failure, although I have all never extended any club by 2.5". My shaft extenders have a 2" insertion depth and as a rule I would never extend a club as long or longer than my insertion depth, so for me 1.75" would be a maximum extension length.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Archived