Taylor Made Forged 2011 lineup

Rounders

I got to see and hit all 3 of these today. Per the rep, here's the story on the weights:

With all heads from all OEMs, there are inconsistencies in the weight. For irons, this is evened out by weighting the hosel. The problem with this is that it can throw off the COG. The weight plugs allow TM to dial in swing weights and also to adjust for these discrepancies while keeping the COG where it belongs.

Also, the MB and MC are fully forged, the CB is face forged.

My take:

The MB looks sick. The MC looks very good (still don't love the carbon fiber bit) and the CB looks ok. In terms of feel, the CB is lacking compared to the other two. Both the MC and MB feel fantastic. I am very excited about these and thinking that I might be getting a full set of MCs or possibly a MC/MB split set.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I got to see and hit all 3 of these today. Per the rep, here's the story on the weights:

With all heads from all OEMs, there are inconsistencies in the weight. For irons, this is evened out by weighting the hosel. The problem with this is that it can throw off the COG. The weight plugs allow TM to dial in swing weights and also to adjust for these discrepancies while keeping the COG where it belongs.

Also, the MB and MC are fully forged, the CB is face forged.

My take:

The MB looks sick. The MC looks very good (still don't love the carbon fiber bit) and the CB looks ok. In terms of feel, the CB is lacking compared to the other two. Both the MC and MB feel fantastic. I am very excited about these and thinking that I might be getting a full set of MCs or possibly a MC/MB split set.

It's nice to know it isn't just cosmetic. The weight port is really nothing new, but this is the first time I've heard of (that I can remember off the top of my head) it being added to a forged blade. It is a smart idea- I'm not a huge fan of tip pins, but there can be a point where there's too much lead tape (or the appearance of, to some eyes). The rep is right, from all I've seen/read/heard: if you see golfers with blades who have a consistent swing, many times the wear spot will be towards the heel, because that's where the CG is located. Optimizing it to the center can only be a bonus. If you can get past the look- some can, some can't- it's a smart clubfitting tool.

Thanks for the info Saturn- it definitely made me do a rethink for the better.