Forum Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×
GolfSpy MBP

instaReview - Cut Golf Grey golf balls

I recently started on Instagram a series of short reviews to look at products that received. I'll cover in a high level and open comments to more questions about the product. 

I figure it's probably a good idea to share with you guys here and open up further discussions.

Here's my first featuring Cut Golf's Grey (3U) urethane tour ball.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba7DhjdFSRs/

intro-cut.jpg

cut-good.jpg

CUT-NOTSOLIKE.jpg

THEWRAP.jpg

• Like 6

Uh.. Does the cover get "cut" when hit with a wedge? 😂 Lol... Interesting name and great price point for a urethane covered golf ball...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

Uh.. Does the cover get "cut" when hit with a wedge? Lol... Interesting name and great price point for a urethane covered golf ball...

MDGolfHacker

Jokes aside  :D the cover on these is remarkably durable for a spinny tour ball.

• Like 3

Uh.. Does the cover get "cut" when hit with a wedge? Lol... Interesting name and great price point for a urethane covered golf ball...

MDGolfHacker

I wondered about that myself when they first came out. The name gave me back flashes of laying open an old balata with a butter knife 2 iron---- Trust me NAAAAASTY!

• Like 5

I wondered about that myself when they first came out. The name gave me back flashes of laying open an old balata with a butter knife 2 iron---- Trust me NAAAAASTY!

Did that ball come alive with all the rubber bands unwinding? What are the rules on that, did you have to finish the round with the busted balata?

• Like 1

I recently started on Instagram a series of short reviews to look at products that received. I'll cover in a high level and open comments to more questions about the product.

I figure it's probably a good idea to share with you guys here and open up further discussions.

Here's my first featuring Cut Golf's Grey (3U) urethane tour ball.

Curious, what temperature did you try the Grey?

Still working thru recent order of cut balls and wondering if the Grey will be a good cold weather ball.

BigTazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Curious, what temperature did you try the Grey?

Still working thru recent order of cut balls and wondering if the Grey will be a good cold weather ball.

BigTazz

I've played them to the mid 40's and didn't have an issue with feel. Sadly this weekend frost cancelled the ultimate temp test...

• Like 2

I like everything except the name “Cut” throws me off. Visions of balata ball “smiling” @ me.

• Like 1

I played both the Grey and the Blue this past weekend.....my opinion these are a bargain at $20 a dozen.

The grey is softer lower compression ball with good spin around the greens, the blue is a 4 piece ball and has tons of spin....I managed to back up a 110 yard wedge about 6 feet!

I'll definitely be ordering more.

• Like 5

Aside from being more readily available, the Cut Grey differs from the original K-Sig:

Grey is 3 layer vs. 4 Layer K-Sig

Grey is a little softer than the K-Sig

Grey doesn't have nearly the buzz the K-Sig did when it came out :D

• Like 3

Aside from being more readily available, the Cut Grey differs from the original K-Sig:

Grey is 3 layer vs. 4 Layer K-Sig

Grey is a little softer than the K-Sig

Grey doesn't have nearly the buzz the K-Sig did when it came out :D

Thanks!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Dislike: Logo Not For Everone.

... LOL, I hope that is an attempt at humor. They day a logo has any influence over the ball I play is the day I take my first selfie, don a flat brimmed hat and buy some emoji's for my cell phone. My scorecard does not have a box to check for "logo aesthetics". 

• Like 2

Dislike: Logo Not For Everone.

... LOL, I hope that is an attempt at humor. They day a logo has any influence over the ball I play is the day I take my first selfie, don a flat brimmed hat and buy some emoji's for my cell phone. My scorecard does not have a box to check for "logo aesthetics".

Not humour.

• Like 1

It is funny how logos matter to some, not a bit to others. I'm in the doesn't matter much to me camp, but that's just me. We've have people dis the Snell ball because they thought the name was silly, and didn't like the logo. As they say in golf, different strokes...

I did find it funny that when we posted the blog on the new Bridgestone balls, some guys said they wouldn't use them because they didn't like the look of the box.

Now THAT'S silly.

That said, gotta get me some of these here Cuts for next season - not much goffin left to be done here in Minnesota.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

It is funny how logos matter to some, not a bit to others. I'm in the doesn't matter much to me camp, but that's just me. We've have people dis the Snell ball because they thought the name was silly, and didn't like the logo. As they say in golf, different strokes...

I did find it funny that when we posted the blog on the new Bridgestone balls, some guys said they wouldn't use them because they didn't like the look of the box.

Now THAT'S silly.

That said, gotta get me some of these here Cuts for next season - not much goffin left to be done here in Minnesota.

... Same thing with the RocketBallz driver and fairway woods. Arguably the best fairway woods ever designed and a break thru in technology, but some refused to play them because of the name. Really? I just really never understood that. Although I think you and I grew up in the hippie generation that eschewed almost all forms of fashion. Tee shirts, frayed jeans, comfortable shoes and would not have dreamed of putting a "hair product" on our heads. In fact slightly dirty and disheveled was our non fashion fashion. 

• Like 4

Now THAT'S silly.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I don't get the aversion anyone would have with Logo, name or packaging. Doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

The logo isn't an issue for me, but as someone that does not like lining his putts up with a line, I find that alignment aide a bit over the top - especially for shots from the rough/fairway/sand/fringe where you can't line up the ball so that it can't be seen

• Like 3