TESTERS WANTED! ×

instaReview - Cut Golf Grey golf balls

The Dansome

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Put the blue against the white today when playing. Man do they both spin. The white seems to spin less off of the driver for me and the blue feels a little softer almost marshmallow like sometimes but sometimes it doesn't. Hit both well and acrually like it better than the snell... gonna keep testing the white and blue over the next few weeks when playing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing this is a pretty long running thread. Are these still available? And has anyone compares them to the Wilson Duo Urethane? (Seems to be the closest with price point and features)

USMC currently stationed in Okinawa Japan

Driver: Wilson Triton 10.5* Aldila Rogue stiff

FAIRWAY: Taylormade M2 2017

Irons: PRGR TR 900 Forged 4-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized 56*, Ray Cook Blue Goose 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider Platinum Tour

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods while I’m looking for the one I hit in there

Current Handicap: 16.8 USGA

Seeing this is a pretty long running thread. Are these still available? And has anyone compares them to the Wilson Duo Urethane? (Seems to be the closest with price point and features)

Yes they are still available. Compared to the Wilson sorry I did not and can not. I hope someone else here has.

Hi. I have an old injury on my left shoulder. It makes my left shoulder to be lower than the right. What impact could this have on my setup and low point of my swing. I need to pre tilt rather excessively to compensate and not hit it fat. This makes me lose the free feeling and I get some pain in the right side rear back.
thanks in advance.

I played the whites for a whole round yesterday then put the blue against the white on the last hole. I play the whites a lot better they stop just as nice on the green maybe even get a little more roll out of them then the blues and I like that. The guys I was joined up with were super impressed with how I was getting shots to stop. Going to order some more whites this pay check and I think that's my new gamer.

I think Cut could do themselves a favor and change the name.  It comes off as gimicky and if you're trying to sell a performance ball - then that's not what you want your customers to think of.

Similarly, I did a review of Snell's original "My Tour Ball".  I'm sure my recommendation was echoed by several others, that the name comes off as silly.  Snell got the message and changed it later to MTB.

Cut could benefit from a similar change...

Regardless, I ordered both the Grey and Blue.  I played a round with each ball once, but don't really have any comments to add at this point.  I didn't see any significant difference over the balls I generally play (Snell MTB or Kirkland 4-piece).  I'll put them on my simulator and see how they perform.

-- P.J.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

I played the whites for a whole round yesterday then put the blue against the white on the last hole. I play the whites a lot better they stop just as nice on the green maybe even get a little more roll out of them then the blues and I like that. The guys I was joined up with were super impressed with how I was getting shots to stop. Going to order some more whites this pay check and I think that's my new gamer.

Good clean performance at a price point for all is hard to beat.

Love the Blue. It'll be in my bag for a long time.

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Good clean performance at a price point for all is hard to beat.

Love the Blue. It'll be in my bag for a long time.

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I liked the blue but I like the grey(sorry I was typing white before) a lot. I seem to keep it in play better don't know if it's because I'm a high spin player to begin with.

... The last thing I need is more golf balls. But I received a promo code from another site and could not resist ordering 4 dozen Cut Blue's. I wanted to order 2 dozen which would be $49.90 but any order over $59 gets free shipping ($10 savings). Use code CUTGOLFWRX15 for 15% off your order. The total was $89.80 and with free shipping and the 15% off the total came to $67.83. So for $17.93 more, I got 2 dozen extra balls and that seemed like a no brainer. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... The last thing I need is more golf balls. But I received a promo code from another site and could not resist ordering 4 dozen Cut Blue's. I wanted to order 2 dozen which would be $49.90 but any order over $59 gets free shipping ($10 savings). Use code CUTGOLFWRX15 for 15% off your order. The total was $89.80 and with free shipping and the 15% off the total came to $67.83. So for $17.93 more, I got 2 dozen extra balls and that seemed like a no brainer.

Thanks may have to do that

Chisag- interested in your thoughts on these balls, keep us posted, eh?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

... I bought the CUT Blue to use as gifts or practice balls but will definitely play them a serious round or two and I will post my thoughts. I am always interested in how all the premium balls play and have played Snell, Vice Pro+, KS4 and KS3 and CUT was next on the list. As Albert Popwell, the bank robber in the opening scene from Dirty Harry said "I gots ta know!" 

Super late to the game on this one, but I really enjoyed the insta-review.

Secondly, does anyone have a comparison to Vice Pro.  I apologize in advance if I whiffed on someone already mentioning their thoughts on this.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Dislike: Logo Not For Everone.

... LOL, I hope that is an attempt at humor. They day a logo has any influence over the ball I play is the day I take my first selfie, don a flat brimmed hat and buy some emoji's for my cell phone. My scorecard does not have a box to check for "logo aesthetics".

Isn't the aesthestic box right next to the style point box?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    Callaway GBB 10.5*

Fairway:  Callaway Epic 3 & 5
Hybrid:   Callaway Big Bertha OS 4 hybrid
Irons:     Callaway Rogue X 6-9
Wedges: Callaway Rogue X PW, AW, GS; MD4 SW
Putter:    Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball V-line
Ball:       Srixon Z-Star

... I bought the CUT Blue to use as gifts or practice balls but will definitely play them a serious round or two and I will post my thoughts. I am always interested in how all the premium balls play and have played Snell, Vice Pro+, KS4 and KS3 and CUT was next on the list. As Albert Popwell, the bank robber in the opening scene from Dirty Harry said "I gots ta know!"

Please let us know about spin off the driver. I really need low spin for my less than straight shots.

Driver:    Callaway GBB 10.5*

Fairway:  Callaway Epic 3 & 5
Hybrid:   Callaway Big Bertha OS 4 hybrid
Irons:     Callaway Rogue X 6-9
Wedges: Callaway Rogue X PW, AW, GS; MD4 SW
Putter:    Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball V-line
Ball:       Srixon Z-Star

Please let us know about spin off the driver. I really need low spin for my less than straight shots.

I'd think just based on construction that the Grey would be lower spinning than the Blue but I say that as someone who hasn't tried either :D

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I'd think just based on construction that the Grey would be lower spinning than the Blue but I say that as someone who hasn't tried either :D

You are correct they do spin less off of the longer clubs but still spin plenty off of your clubs you want them to

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

... I have 3 rounds in with the CUT Blue. It has been wet around here and playing conditions are soft so difficult to say how they will perform on hard, fast greens. That said ... a 4 piece urethane covered ball is going to perform very similar to other premium urethane covered balls. I did not find a lot of difference between the CUT Blue and Vice, Snell or KS3. If anything, the CUT spins a hair more with the driver and irons but spins a hair less around the greens. Certainly not enough difference to say "I would not play this ball because it spins too much off driver and irons" but if I were choosing whatever ball I wanted to play with so many excellent balls available at bargain prices, I would choose another if spin off the driver and irons is an issue. 

... First round with the CUT I had my worst 9 of the season with 4 bogies on the front 9. 3rd round I had my best 9 of the season with 4 birdies on the same front 9. So clearly the ball is not the culprit. I just do not like playing a shiny ball like the CUT or KS3 and I really dislike the big alignment aid on the CUT that can be slightly askew for chips and pitches when I cannot re-align it and it can be distracting. On the greens it is no problem as I just hide it. Forgot to add it is a little "clickier" than I like off the putter. Nothing I could not get used to if I loved the performance but for me, another reason not to play the CUT Blue. 

... Bottom line is I think this is a premium golf ball and competitive with most other premium bargain balls. I find the TP5x and KS4 a little longer than other balls and they are my favorites, but I would not hesitate to play a CUT Blue if I didn't have any other balls in my bag. And if I did not care about the shiny cover, alignment aid or feel off the putter, it would be a must demo because of the insanely low price.   

• 3 weeks later...

I have been playing cut for most of the season, the other being MTB RED. The fact that I can order a dozen golf balls for $20 that actually performs and gives me the confidence I want from 180 yards to the green is great.

The company really does offer something worth using; I would have to say one of the best parts is letting people know off the tee which ball Im using. I dont have to mark it, the other 3 guys do have to mark their number one ball in golf with a dot or 3.

... I started my round with a CUT Blue today, by accident. I was gonna switch balls after the 3rd hole that has water on both sides of a very narrow fairway. But I birdied 3 of the first 4 holes and was not about to change. Ended up with a 66, tying my lowest round ever. I think it just shows when you are playing well, any premium ball will work. I didn't even notice the shiny cover after the 3rd birdie.  :)

For some reason, when I would look down at the Cut ball, it looked bigger to me. It's strange, I know, but it was really distracting. Personally, I didn't like the way they felt off of my wedges and putter, but I'm glad people like them. Seriously such a good price point! My buddy just bought a bunch of them and he really likes them. He's used to playing rock balls so urethane covers really put a smile on his face when he hits driver.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• 2 months later...

I tried the Blues for several rounds and they felt hard and clicky due to the compression. I am a 12 handicaper, 62 year old playing TM P790 irons, I ordered 5 dozen Greys and found that I love them. They are long, soft, high and straight and stop on a dime. I am sold, this ball fits me perfectly, $1.50 for a performance ball, it's as good as the Q Star and Pro V1 for half the money.

I would rather play 36 holes on Sunday than watch a minute of the NFL, keep up the protests fools!

Archived