instaReview - Cut Golf Grey golf balls

Our Sponsors

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently started on Instagram a series of short reviews to look at products that received. I'll cover in a high level and open comments to more questions about the product.    I figure it's probab

I wondered about that myself when they first came out. The name gave me back flashes of laying open an old balata with a butter knife 2 iron---- Trust me NAAAAASTY!

... To be fair, what equipment looks like is quite different than the logo on a ball since all golf balls basically look the same at address. I think a more accurate comparison could be an equally "of

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Put the blue against the white today when playing. Man do they both spin. The white seems to spin less off of the driver for me and the blue feels a little softer almost marshmallow like sometimes but sometimes it doesn't. Hit both well and acrually like it better than the snell... gonna keep testing the white and blue over the next few weeks when playing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing this is a pretty long running thread. Are these still available? And has anyone compares them to the Wilson Duo Urethane? (Seems to be the closest with price point and features)

USMC currently stationed in Okinawa Japan

Driver: Wilson Triton 10.5* Aldila Rogue stiff

FAIRWAY: Taylormade M2 2017

Irons: PRGR TR 900 Forged 4-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized 56*, Ray Cook Blue Goose 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider Platinum Tour

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods while I’m looking for the one I hit in there

Current Handicap: 16.8 USGA

Seeing this is a pretty long running thread. Are these still available? And has anyone compares them to the Wilson Duo Urethane? (Seems to be the closest with price point and features)

Yes they are still available. Compared to the Wilson sorry I did not and can not. I hope someone else here has.

Hi. I have an old injury on my left shoulder. It makes my left shoulder to be lower than the right. What impact could this have on my setup and low point of my swing. I need to pre tilt rather excessively to compensate and not hit it fat. This makes me lose the free feeling and I get some pain in the right side rear back.
thanks in advance.

I played the whites for a whole round yesterday then put the blue against the white on the last hole. I play the whites a lot better they stop just as nice on the green maybe even get a little more roll out of them then the blues and I like that. The guys I was joined up with were super impressed with how I was getting shots to stop. Going to order some more whites this pay check and I think that's my new gamer.

• Like 1

I think Cut could do themselves a favor and change the name.  It comes off as gimicky and if you're trying to sell a performance ball - then that's not what you want your customers to think of.

Similarly, I did a review of Snell's original "My Tour Ball".  I'm sure my recommendation was echoed by several others, that the name comes off as silly.  Snell got the message and changed it later to MTB.

Cut could benefit from a similar change...

Regardless, I ordered both the Grey and Blue.  I played a round with each ball once, but don't really have any comments to add at this point.  I didn't see any significant difference over the balls I generally play (Snell MTB or Kirkland 4-piece).  I'll put them on my simulator and see how they perform.

-- P.J.

TaylorMade M6 Driver
Callaway Rogue 3W

Callaway Rogue 4Hybrid
TaylorMade M6 irons
Mizuno MP-T7 wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
Snell "MTB" Golf Ball

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

I played the whites for a whole round yesterday then put the blue against the white on the last hole. I play the whites a lot better they stop just as nice on the green maybe even get a little more roll out of them then the blues and I like that. The guys I was joined up with were super impressed with how I was getting shots to stop. Going to order some more whites this pay check and I think that's my new gamer.

Good clean performance at a price point for all is hard to beat.

Love the Blue. It'll be in my bag for a long time.

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Good clean performance at a price point for all is hard to beat.

Love the Blue. It'll be in my bag for a long time.

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I liked the blue but I like the grey(sorry I was typing white before) a lot. I seem to keep it in play better don't know if it's because I'm a high spin player to begin with.

• Like 1

... The last thing I need is more golf balls. But I received a promo code from another site and could not resist ordering 4 dozen Cut Blue's. I wanted to order 2 dozen which would be $49.90 but any order over $59 gets free shipping ($10 savings). Use code CUTGOLFWRX15 for 15% off your order. The total was $89.80 and with free shipping and the 15% off the total came to $67.83. So for $17.93 more, I got 2 dozen extra balls and that seemed like a no brainer. 

• Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

... The last thing I need is more golf balls. But I received a promo code from another site and could not resist ordering 4 dozen Cut Blue's. I wanted to order 2 dozen which would be $49.90 but any order over $59 gets free shipping ($10 savings). Use code CUTGOLFWRX15 for 15% off your order. The total was $89.80 and with free shipping and the 15% off the total came to $67.83. So for $17.93 more, I got 2 dozen extra balls and that seemed like a no brainer.

Thanks may have to do that

• Like 1

Chisag- interested in your thoughts on these balls, keep us posted, eh?

• Like 1

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

... I bought the CUT Blue to use as gifts or practice balls but will definitely play them a serious round or two and I will post my thoughts. I am always interested in how all the premium balls play and have played Snell, Vice Pro+, KS4 and KS3 and CUT was next on the list. As Albert Popwell, the bank robber in the opening scene from Dirty Harry said "I gots ta know!" 

• Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Super late to the game on this one, but I really enjoyed the insta-review.

Secondly, does anyone have a comparison to Vice Pro.  I apologize in advance if I whiffed on someone already mentioning their thoughts on this.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Dislike: Logo Not For Everone.

... LOL, I hope that is an attempt at humor. They day a logo has any influence over the ball I play is the day I take my first selfie, don a flat brimmed hat and buy some emoji's for my cell phone. My scorecard does not have a box to check for "logo aesthetics".

Isn't the aesthestic box right next to the style point box?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    Callaway GBB 10.5*

Fairway:  Callaway Epic 3 & 5
Hybrid:   Callaway Big Bertha OS 4 hybrid
Irons:     Callaway Rogue X 6-9
Wedges: Callaway Rogue X PW, AW, GS; MD4 SW
Putter:    Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball V-line
Ball:       Srixon Z-Star

... I bought the CUT Blue to use as gifts or practice balls but will definitely play them a serious round or two and I will post my thoughts. I am always interested in how all the premium balls play and have played Snell, Vice Pro+, KS4 and KS3 and CUT was next on the list. As Albert Popwell, the bank robber in the opening scene from Dirty Harry said "I gots ta know!"

Please let us know about spin off the driver. I really need low spin for my less than straight shots.

• Like 1

Driver:    Callaway GBB 10.5*

Fairway:  Callaway Epic 3 & 5
Hybrid:   Callaway Big Bertha OS 4 hybrid
Irons:     Callaway Rogue X 6-9
Wedges: Callaway Rogue X PW, AW, GS; MD4 SW
Putter:    Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball V-line
Ball:       Srixon Z-Star

Please let us know about spin off the driver. I really need low spin for my less than straight shots.

I'd think just based on construction that the Grey would be lower spinning than the Blue but I say that as someone who hasn't tried either :D

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb