TESTERS WANTED! ×

TMag M4 prototype?

RookieBlue7

I'll put it back...It's everywhere now anyway...(Golfwrx, THP, BSG, etc.)

M4Driver2.jpg

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll put it back...It's everywhere now anyway...(Golfwrx, THP, BSG, etc.)

attachicon.gifM4Driver2.jpg

Don't know why they made big fuss. I'm sure they knew within a few hours it would be everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I'm curious just how much that weight can move in the back, if i can move.  If it can, it looks a lot like the Epic, which just destroyed everyone in sales this year.  Taylormade had to make a change to try and get some of the market back.  It'll be interesting to hit, but I've never found Taylormade drivers performing very well for me.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

I'm curious just how much that weight can move in the back, if i can move. If it can, it looks a lot like the Epic, which just destroyed everyone in sales this year. Taylormade had to make a change to try and get some of the market back. It'll be interesting to hit, but I've never found Taylormade drivers performing very well for me.

If it's an M2 replacement it's probably fixed

Logo is very much giving me this vibe...

bmw m4.jpg

Woah... When did BMW start putting an apple charging station next to their logo? 😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

This whole thing is interesting. Seems like TM has got to be the most over sensitive of the OEMs right now. Don't they have better things to do?

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

This whole thing is interesting. Seems like TM has got to be the most over sensitive of the OEMs right now. Don't they have better things to do?

Not making excuses, but this is their first major launch under new ownership, so they are probably wound a bit tight

Not making excuses, but this is their first major launch under new ownership, so they are probably wound a bit tight

I suppose u have a point. I forgot about the new corporate position. Could be some nerves.

Rick

Left Hand, 

To compete with Callaway, instead of making outrageous performance claims, how about a more competitive price? It would be nice if these guys would start undercutting each other.

It's just not how this market works. Srixon tried that on the ball front and it did nothing to their market share.

TaylorMade isn't in the business of being a 'value' brand

It's just not how this market works. Srixon tried that on the ball front and it did nothing to their market share.

Unfortunately your correct. But when is too much $$$ too much?

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'm not talking "value brand". It seems there are only a few categories for driver prices: $499, $399 and $299. Go $449, $349 and $299. Set yourself apart. I think Taylormade (regardless of how people feel about them) has more than established themselves as quality woods and had the reputation to back it up. It would be interesting to see the results.

Wish I got to take a gander before Taylormade spoiled the fun. Sounds like it was nice though lol

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Wish I got to take a gander before Taylormade spoiled the fun. Sounds like it was nice though lol

Check a page or two back someone else posted the pictures also the blog has the pictures that were posted in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

To compete with Callaway, instead of making outrageous performance claims, how about a more competitive price? It would be nice if these guys would start undercutting each other.

I'm a bit surprised (in a good way) on the price, based on all the other OEM;s taking a big jump this year.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm not talking "value brand". It seems there are only a few categories for driver prices: $499, $399 and $299. Go $449, $349 and $299. Set yourself apart. I think Taylormade (regardless of how people feel about them) has more than established themselves as quality woods and had the reputation to back it up. It would be interesting to see the results.

Again, srixon tried this and it did nothing for them. This isn't how the market dynamics work. Period

I don't think Srixon had (has) the reputation of a TMag or Callaway though.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

I don't think Srixon had (has) the reputation of a TMag or Callaway though.

Even more of a reason for TaylorMade to not drop prices.

I'm sorry, but it's marketing 101 - the solution to gaining market share issues rarely dropping prices. Especially in a market such as golf equipment.

Yeah, jlukes, you're right, sad but true.

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Yeah, jlukes, you're right, sad but true.

It's just the nature of the business.

If a company started slashing prices, there would be lots of rumblings about the quality and performance of the newer cheaper clubs.

Unfortunately perceived value is king. For right or for wrong there is a positive correlation between price and quality in many goods like golf equipment

Key word- "perceived". That's why many folks poo-pooed the Ksig.

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a replacement for the 2017 M2.

Guessing the M3 will be the replacement for the 2018 M1?

Correct.

I have had lengthy chats to my Rep about the products coming in February and it is something we have never seen before.

Will I be a game changer performance wise??

Irons are cool woods are always good from Tmag

All products will be better, but upgrade worthy? I'm not sure..

Correct.

I have had lengthy chats to my Rep about the products coming in February and it is something we have never seen before.

Will I be a game changer performance wise??

Irons are cool woods are always good from Tmag

All products will be better, but upgrade worthy? I'm not sure..

Were you expecting him to say something different?.. :rolleyes:

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

From what I have been told about the M3/M4 drivers is they use a new face technology that one of their new hires designed that assists with minimizing dispersion.  If the story I was told is even remotely close to true, in testing of all handicap levels, TM was finding this face technology produced significantly better results on mishits.  And the new hammerhead sole slot retains more ball speed on low face contacts.  All in, if these new technologies work as designed TM should have a strong year.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

A very SMALL snippet from the patent... This is what will differentiate this new M4.

“Certainly, because the magnitude of the gear effect is proportional to club velocity, a high swing speed golfer will require a different bulge angle in the face than would a low swing player. A need exists in the club selection process to match the swing speed of the golfer to a bulge angle in the face plate. The present invention provides for a novel method in club design wherein a specific bulge face angle is correlated to a specific swing speed as a method for club selection.”

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Another:

“With a normal golf club head, shots that are hit high on the face (with the face square to the intended target and club head path) tend to hook and land left of the target, while shots hit low on the face tend to slice and land right of the target. By precisely twisting the face as described, these trends can be decreased or eliminated. Thus, shots will more consistently land on target, regardless of how high or low they are hit on the face. For example, when a typical PGA Tour Player with about a 110 to 115 mph swing speed hits a golf ball with a prior art driver, such as a Titleist 905T, the ball will land about ten yards right of the target when struck 0.5″ low on the face, and will land 5 yards left of the target when struck 0.5″ high on the face. Incorporating the face twist designed for this swing speed according to the present invention (approximately 0.5° closed at a point 0.5″ low, and 0.25° open at a point 0.5″ high), both shots (and all those in between) land on the centerline. For golfers having reduced swing speeds, the twist angles are designed into the face to correspond to the lower swing speed. For example, a golfer with a swing speed of only 90 mph, would have a twist angle built into the face of this driver of about 0.3° closed at the lower position and 0.1° open at the higher position. Thus, the present invention contemplates measuring a user's club head speed or ball speed and selecting the proper amount of face twist for that golfer.”

How one will be fitted to this driver:

“]

Players are fitted to a particular type of club by using such variables as head speed, club loft angle, club shaft flex, and average club face thickness, golf ball weight, and golf ball spin. Once a particular type of club head is selected for the player, the concept of the present invention can be utilized to improve and refine the club selection by providing a simple and accurate method of selecting a club head based on selection of the proper twisted front face angle for that particular player's swing speed. This will allow off-center hits that are either high or low to be compensated for the “gear effect” regardless of the swing speed. Just as each golf club is fitted to the swing characteristics of the player, each player may now also be fitted with the proper twist angle for his/her swing speed.

[0027]

The method of the present invention is generally as follows. First, a measurement of the golfer's swing characteristic is made. In the most preferred embodiment, the golfer's club head speed is taken. Based on the players club head speed, the golfer is fitted to the golf club having the proper twist angle characteristics. Each club head will have its own unique twist angles for a range of swing speeds.

[0028]

The golfer's club head speed can be determined using any available device. Preferably, a device such as the Mini-Pro 100 Golf Swing Analyzer, the Pro V Golf Swing Analyzer or the Pro III Golf Swing Analyzer available from GolfTek, 0201 1st Street, Lewiston, Id. 83501; the DeadSolid Golf Simulator from DeadSolid Golf, 1192 Sathers Dr., Pittston, Pa. 18640; or the Double Eagle 2000 from Par T Golf, 7310 Smoke Ranch Rd., Suite H, Las Vegas, Nev. 89128 is used to measure the club head speed at impact during a golfer's swing. More particularly, the golfer's swing speed is measured using a golf club having a length between 43.5 to 46 inches. Most preferably, the golfer's club head speed is measured using a club of 44 inches long. Examples of the classification of swing speeds could be from very high to low, such as professional, high, medium, low or senior speeds.”

Archived