Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Kieldog!! 

All I can say, if that technology is legit and works as described in the patent, TMAG better rent a space twice as large as normal at the PGA Show.  There was a line almost an hour long a couple years ago to demo the M1, I can imagine what this will. be.

I've heard through the grapevine that Callaway's new driver is supposed to "change you game, like nothing before"  But this technology to me is something truly innovative!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Fire me now- I'm going to say it... That's thinking outside the box.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

No, the cat is way outta the bag at this point. Got a feeling today was the crafted “leak day” and someone said eff it. Then they start trying to intimidate regular Joe's like myself. Doubt MGS will even get a note dropped at this point... but I am going to attempt to find an affordable set of PXG's to swap to. Just for troll factor 5000. I've decided the TM's will be going

aaaaa corporate america I could write a novel - knock on wood I finally have a good job/gig now but had many bad jobs and bad bosses. Worked both private and for public companies people corps are wacked its terrible at the end of the day we all will have to answer to a higher power.

Bags

Full patent here:

https://www.google.la/patents/US20070275791

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the patent was filed in 2006.  So in essence the driver has been in development for 11 to 12 years?     I'm wondering if the listed inventor, had just bene waiting for a company with the resources and belief in it to come along and put it in production.   Did he work at another company at the time and it wasn't financially feesable to produce it.

All things,I'm curious about.    Maybe I'm naive or a sucker, but reading about this technology if it works is really something I think TM can market and be much more successful than just throwing out distance claims.   A driver with a face angle built for your swing speed, sounds interesting at the very least. 

aaaaa corporate america I could write a novel - knock on wood I finally have a good job/gig now but had many bad jobs and bad bosses. Worked both private and for public companies people corps are wacked its terrible at the end of the day we all will have to answer to a higher power.

Bags

I worked in Mfg for 45 years (35 in Management) so I know where your coming from.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the patent was filed in 2006. So in essence the driver has been in development for 11 to 12 years? I'm wondering if the listed inventor, had just bene waiting for a company with the resources and belief in it to come along and put it in production. Did he work at another company at the time and it wasn't financially feesable to produce it.

All things,I'm curious about. Maybe I'm naive or a sucker, but reading about this technology if it works is really something I think TM can market and be much more successful than just throwing out distance claims. A driver with a face angle built for your swing speed, sounds interesting at the very least.

Sounds interesting but let's see what happens. I've become jaded over the years waiting for the the “next best thing”.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Sounds interesting but let's see what happens. I've become jaded over the years waiting for the the “next best thing”.

Very valid point.   I guess I'm the eternal optimist...ha

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the patent was filed in 2006. So in essence the driver has been in development for 11 to 12 years? I'm wondering if the listed inventor, had just bene waiting for a company with the resources and belief in it to come along and put it in production. Did he work at another company at the time and it wasn't financially feesable to produce it.

All things,I'm curious about. Maybe I'm naive or a sucker, but reading about this technology if it works is really something I think TM can market and be much more successful than just throwing out distance claims. A driver with a face angle built for your swing speed, sounds interesting at the very least.

Yep, took the concept from an Acushnet filing. Going to be interesting to see how the TM version of the club and fitting comes to life.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 3 months later...

Archived