MDGolfHacker

Veterans Day

Traditionally I have felt a bit awkward when people recognize my naval service especially in uniform. The more I think about it the less I feel that way. Us service men and woman today chose to serve for various reasons. My father in law, a Vietnam veteran with 2 Purple Hearts served through the draft and his experience coming home was vastly different than my homecoming from Iraq and Afghanistan. He is finally getting the much deserved recognition for his service which makes me extremely proud to continue to serve this great country.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

"The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the year"...   Thought it was going to be the war that ended all wars.  Unfortunately not the case by a long shot.  Thanks to all who serve, and allow us to play our silly little games.  You're appreciated!

• Like 4

Many thanks to all of our veterans and service members!  We owe our freedoms to you all.

• Like 2

Happy veterans day. I thank veterans all year long, but it's nice to see others do it and go out of their way to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

To the many great Vets we have as members here, Thanks for your service!

• Like 5

Traditionally I have felt a bit awkward when people recognize my naval service especially in uniform. The more I think about it the less I feel that way. Us service men and woman today chose to serve for various reasons. My father in law, a Vietnam veteran with 2 Purple Hearts served through the draft and his experience coming home was vastly different than my homecoming from Iraq and Afghanistan. He is finally getting the much deserved recognition for his service which makes me extremely proud to continue to serve this great country.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

First - to all that serve or have served THANK YOU!

Having served in the Navy during Vietnam Nam and coming home is something I hope no one ever has to go through. The level of disrespect to those that served at that time was astounding - I hope it's something that our current and future men and women in uniform never have to go through.

• Like 3