Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Rickp

Has anyone purchased products because of the MGS Reviews?

Not sure if this has been done B4 or even if this is the right place for this.

Over the months I've been in this Forum I've read many reviews from a lot of Spy's and also the official MGS reviews. I'm curious if anyone has purchased products or at least looked carefully at items because of the positive reviews.

I have bought equipment and used the reviews to help me decide on which to buy.

Such as Ping G400 irons, Ping Pioneer golf bag, Odyssey #7 Oworks and a couple of different balls.

Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I wouldn't have ever heard of Evnroll if it weren't for MGS. Based on the test results they've done, forum members, and some personal testing, I'm waiting for my custom ER2 which should be here any day now.

I use MGS as a base for recommendations, but I'll never buy something without testing it myself first.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 7

Hell yea!  My driver, my irons, my sand wedge, & my putter.  :D   Especially my putter because there were some awesome reviews in that thread.... ;) 

• Like 5

While I haven't purchased anything based on a recommendation from mgs or any other golf publication, it has narrowed my focus down when I go to try out stuff during demo days. Of course being a lefty also has narrowed down my choices too, lol.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

I was looking for a functional cart bag (my Club Glove) was 10 years old, and settled on the MGS #1 cart bag, the Ping Pioneer.  Absolutely love it...very functional, keeps the clubs separated and easy to pull, has more storage than I normally need except for strange weather.

Jim, the retired GC Super.

• Like 2

My entire bag in my signature except for the loaner Titleist driver has come from reading MGS. Never would have considered Srixon until they won most wanted GI iron, and the Cobra F7 hybrid reviews really sold me on pulling the trigger there. The Srixon/Cleveland turf interaction and the MGS first look got me to ditch my Vokey wedges for the more forgiving Cleveland CBX wedges. And I went with an Edel putter after reading so many positive things from people on here about their fitting experience.

I am the poster child for the site I think. Was a 6-8 handicap when I got on here and have changed out my entire bag, and now down to a 1.5 because of that and a whole lot of short game practice.

• Like 8

I actually don't buy a lot of golf equipment.   MGS test has influenced what I look at when I am demoing clubs.  I am in a little better position than most since I am a tester and get to see and compare some of my numbers during the testing.  

• Like 4

Yes, bought the Adams Blue irons a season or so ago because of the review. MGS was one of the few sites to give them any real attention.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I️ now play Snell balls a lot because of them. I've almost pulled the trigger on cobra f7 because of them but my wallet got in the way

• Like 3

I did. I bought the Ping Ketsch putter because of the MGS results from testing. I sold it within two months as I didn't achieve similar results... I have definitely demoed clubs because of the reviews and testing since, but haven't bought anything as a result though.

• Like 2

Absolutely. Whenever I'm trying to find what's most wanted or top performing I'll always Google it and throw in MyGolfSpy after the search to make sure I get the Spies' insight.

• Like 2

Went from an 8 to a 3 HCP partially bc of equipment changes based on MGS reviews. Love this place!!!

• Like 4

In my current bag my driver was the Most Wanted a number of years back. Even though it wasn't a formal review I bought my fairway wood because so many guys here raved about Tour Exotics - they were right BTW - silly easy to hit and long - several shaft options their fairways should be on anyone's list to try. Likewise my hybrids while not reviewed came as recommendations from several forum guys as a good value on a used hybrid.

My wedges, putter and irons are all in my bag as the result of reviews that I was chosen for.

• Like 3