Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Rickp

Has anyone purchased products because of the MGS Reviews?

It is the 1/4 Ringo Putter. Being able to customize it somewhat is a plus, and the cost compared to other “custom” putters is not even close, almost cheap compared to. I want murder it out, and this will allow me to do that.

You can look at the test results from the past few years Ringo long neck (2017), Ringo (2016 finished 3rd), Ringo 1/4 (2015 finished 1st) to see what MGS has to say.   If it is as a price you like,  I think you will get a high quality putter.  

• Like 1

You can look at the test results from the past few years Ringo long neck (2017), Ringo (2016 finished 3rd), Ringo 1/4 (2015 finished 1st) to see what MGS has to say. If it is as a price you like, I think you will get a high quality putter.

I've pretty much read all of those as they happened each year. I haven't heard any negative about them, just haven't heard much. The putter market is saturated with new products all the time, and it seems the newest and greatest get the talk, but you don't win 1st place in the MGS testing if you aren't any good. I will probably go ahead and get it soon. I probably won't do personalization that way if I need to sell, it doesn't have my name on it. I will keep it relatively clean.

• Like 3

I've pretty much read all of those as they happened each year. I haven't heard any negative about them, just haven't heard much. The putter market is saturated with new products all the time, and it seems the newest and greatest get the talk, but you don't win 1st place in the MGS testing if you aren't any good. I will probably go ahead and get it soon. I probably won't do personalization that way if I need to sell, it doesn't have my name on it. I will keep it relatively clean.

I have 2 really nice custom putters with my name on them and I can't give them away.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have 2 really nice custom putters with my name on them and I can't give them away.

I'm a lefty, whatcha got, if the putter works, you can call me Ricky

• Like 2

I had a tough German grandfather myself. Hard working Strong willed man.

So my grandmother was Irish. Last name Miller. I love Glenlevit, Jamison, and of course Guinness. Forget about the other three quarters German they just want to eat spaetzles and sauerkraut and disgusting limburger cheese.

Ping g400 driver. Didn't go LST, but standard. Also Ping Glide 2.0 Wedge, both of these were all MGS driven decisions. Also all for the better!

We'll see what this year has to come, but I can guarantee there will be something that is a sole MGS guided purchase. I really do want to see the new big stick most wanted. Hoping there are a few surprises along the way. 

Edited by Apolloshowl
  • Like 1

I got a Ping Traverse bag off outlet local classifieds. The guy I bought it from mentioned it was an MGS top pick. We had a chuckle that we both read it.
I now have a G400 LST. I hit that at a demo day, got fooled by recency syndrome, bought an M3, then corrected myself once the LST went on sale at the end of last year. All the talk of putter face tech led me to a Cleveland Elevado. It didn’t score all that well on most wanted testing, but it felt good and the face tech sold me.
I later got a P2 grip for the putter from reviews here.

Evnroll ER2. I'm almost willing to bet that 50% of Evnroll sales are to people that have read MGS. 

I have spent a decent amount of time at the putting green at the pgass and some others. I have never seen anyone looking hard at Evnrolls. odyssey, spiders, Ping, Scotty’s...
I don’t recall ever hearing an employee recommend one either.
So your 50% estimate wouldn’t surprise me.

5 hours ago, romeopapazulu said:

I have spent a decent amount of time at the putting green at the pgass and some others. I have never seen anyone looking hard at Evnrolls. odyssey, spiders, Ping, Scotty’s...
I don’t recall ever hearing an employee recommend one either.
So your 50% estimate wouldn’t surprise me.

I golf as a single 90% of the time and get paired with whoever the gods see fit. In 9 months, so 40 odd rounds, not a single person has heard of Evnroll. 

I got the Puma Grip Fusions when they went on sale. Because the Ping bags were all top bags I bought the DLX. And same with the drivers. I asked to only get fit for Ping drivers and the LST was the best. All good choices. Last year it was the F7 hybrid and Ping Gs. I went to see if I could upgrade on the irons the other day and the fitter and I agreed what I had was good enough. I slowly bought 5-U last winter and they are working out great. Thanks for the good work MGS. I tired the true fit by the way and I hit the LST better then the recommended SFT from true fit.