GolfSpy Barbajo

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Administrators
  • 6,430 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN
  • Handicap:5.1

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Now this is interesting...

I suppose we could look at this a couple of different ways, but it appears to me Titleist is taking recent developments in the ball business - and how it has affected their business - somewhat seriously and are trying to get closer to their customers and firm up their brand loyalty. At least that's what it looks like, anyway. Your thoughts?

Titleist Ball Plant 3 Opens Its Doors For Manufacturing Tours 

‘Titleist Golf Ball Experience’ Allows Team Titleist Members to Visit the Home of Pro V1 and Pro V1x 

• EDITORIAL IMAGES: www.titleist.com/mediacenter

FAIRHAVEN, Mass (Nov. 13, 2017) – Starting this month, Titleist is offering golfers the opportunity to visit the center of Titleist golf ball technology – Titleist Ball Plant 3 in New Bedford, Mass. – and witness firsthand the making of the #1 ball in golf. 

For more than 80 years, Titleist golf balls have been designed and manufactured by Titleist associates in Titleist owned and operated golf ball manufacturing facilities on the south coast of Massachusetts. It is here where Titleist founder Phil Young introduced the first Titleist golf ball in 1935, driven by the core belief that by implementing a better process he could produce the best performing, most consistent and highest quality golf balls in the game. 

The “Titleist Golf Ball Experience” – open exclusively to members of Team Titleist, Titleist’s community of brand loyalists and dedicated golfers – will provide a behind-the-scenes look at the manufacturing and quality control processes used in making Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x, the most played golf balls at every level of competitive golf and best-selling golf balls worldwide. 

Registration for the Titleist Golf Ball Experience is now open at www.titleist.com/TourBP3​​. 

“The history of Titleist is one of hardworking, passionate people dedicated to making the best golf balls in the world and helping golfers play their best,” said Mary Lou Bohn, President, Titleist Golf Balls. “At Ball Plant 3 alone, we have more than 450 associates with an average tenure of over 20 years ensuring that our precision manufacturing process delivers unmatched consistency from ball to ball. We’re excited to take our most loyal brand fans behind the curtain and reinforce why they can trust their game to us on every shot.” 

TITLEIST GOLF BALL EXPERIENCE DETAILS: 

• Ball Plant 3 Tours will be conducted four times per day on Mondays and Fridays beginning Nov. 20. Tours are free of charge. 

• Team Titleist members can register for tours online at www.titleist.com/TourBP3​. 

• Golfers who wish to register for Team Titleist can do so by visiting www.titleist.com/TeamTitleist. 

• For more information and full tour details, visit www.titleist.com/TourBP3​.

fantasy-golf-2016-signature.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex 440, 9.5*, weight forward, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73 shaft, stiff, tipped 1/4";  :srixon-small: Z-565, 9.5*, Miyazaki Kaula shaft, stiff

Mini Driver:   :callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini 1.5, 11*, Kuro Kage 60G shaft, stiff

FW Wood:  :ping-small: G Stretch 3, 13*, PING Alta Shaft, stiff;  :mizuno-small: JPX-900, 14*, Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution II shaft, stiff

Hybrids:  :benhogan-small: VKTR 17 & 21*, Aldila NV 85H shaft, stiff;  :srixon-small: H65, 19*, Miyazaki Kaula hybrid shaft, stiff

Irons:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6, 4-PW, DG AMT, stiff;  :benhogan-small: PTx, 25*-45*, KBS C-Taper shafts, stiff

Wedges:  :benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15, 49-53-57-61*, KBS C-Taper shafts, stiff;  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*, DG Wedge flex;
                  :callaway-small: Mack Daddy PM Grind, 56-60*, KBS Tour-V Wedge flex

Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette

Follow @golfspybarbajo

#2 dhartmann34

dhartmann34

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 233 posts
  • LocationChicagoland
  • Handicap:6

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

Pretty cool if you are in the area. I like that they are produced in the USA. Do they have plants outside the US as well?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :mizuno-small: JPX 850 (8.5*) with a Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: S55's with stiff (2*up, .25" long) KBS C-Taper Lite Shafts

Wedges: Scor 56* and 60* (2* up, standard) KBS C-Taper Lite Shafts

Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade Tour Filled Line

Handicap: 5

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

#3 Canucklehead

Canucklehead

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB
  • Handicap:15

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

Likely trying to justify their ball price

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#4 GolfJunkie302

GolfJunkie302

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Handicap:8.3

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:07 PM

Saw this yesterday. Wish I lived closer because this seems pretty cool!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#5 MattF

MattF

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members
  • 2,050 posts
  • LocationTallmadge, OH
  • Handicap:16

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

And you have to be a member to go....why don't they let anyone go without having to join the band?

In the bag:

:mizuno-small:JPX-EZ Driver 11.5°U Fujikura SIX XLR8 S flex

:mizuno-small:JPX-EX 3 wood 16.5°U Fujikura SIX XLR8 S flex

:mizuno-small:JPE-EZ 5 wood 19°U Fulikura SIX XLR8 S flex
21° Maltby KE4 HDI Hybrid UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
23° Maltby KE4 HDI Hybrid UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
25° Maltby KE4 HDI Hybrid UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
Irons: Maltby 6-9 DBM Forged UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
Wedges: SCOR 46°, 50°, 54° Nippon Pro

:yes-small: Putter: Yes! Tracy
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130
Balls: Snell MTB

Throw me another ball, will ya?

As American as apple pie, but still as Aussie as a meat pie!

#6 tommc23

tommc23

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationJim Thorpe, pa
  • Handicap:25

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

And you have to be a member to go....why don't they let anyone go without having to join the band?

Money maybe? This is interesting that they are doing this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#7 GolfSpy Barbajo

GolfSpy Barbajo

• Administrators
  • 6,430 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

Money maybe? This is interesting that they are doing this.

Well, think about it - joining Team Titleist gives them another name on their mailing list. Email blasts are VERY inexpensive marketing tools with varying degrees of effectiveness. Small price to pay for what could be a cool factory tour.

This will no doubt be one part of an overall marketing initiative to protect their ball market share.  It kind of fits with their strategy when our Kirkland test came out - part of it was discredit our test methods, but the other part was to build up their consistency, their R&D and their QA/QC procedures with the clear message being you can trust us, but the other guys? You want to promote the quality, consistency and reliability of your product, there's nothing better than a factory tour - all they want in exchange is your email address, which is really all Team Titleist is - an electronic mailing list. 

It'll be interesting to see what other initiatives Titleist launches to protect their ball market share, but one thing we know, it won't be a permanent price reduction,

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex 440, 9.5*, weight forward, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73 shaft, stiff, tipped 1/4";  :srixon-small: Z-565, 9.5*, Miyazaki Kaula shaft, stiff

Mini Driver:   :callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini 1.5, 11*, Kuro Kage 60G shaft, stiff

FW Wood:  :ping-small: G Stretch 3, 13*, PING Alta Shaft, stiff;  :mizuno-small: JPX-900, 14*, Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution II shaft, stiff

Hybrids:  :benhogan-small: VKTR 17 & 21*, Aldila NV 85H shaft, stiff;  :srixon-small: H65, 19*, Miyazaki Kaula hybrid shaft, stiff

Irons:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6, 4-PW, DG AMT, stiff;  :benhogan-small: PTx, 25*-45*, KBS C-Taper shafts, stiff

Wedges:  :benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15, 49-53-57-61*, KBS C-Taper shafts, stiff;  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*, DG Wedge flex;

Follow @golfspybarbajo

#8 GolfSpy Barbajo

GolfSpy Barbajo

• Administrators
  • 6,430 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

Just signed up - December 8th at 1 PM if any Boston area spies want to join!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

#9 tommc23

tommc23

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationJim Thorpe, pa

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

Well, think about it - joining Team Titleist gives them another name on their mailing list. Email blasts are VERY inexpensive marketing tools with varying degrees of effectiveness. Small price to pay for what could be a cool factory tour.

This will no doubt be one part of an overall marketing initiative to protect their ball market share. It kind of fits with their strategy when our Kirkland test came out - part of it was discredit our test methods, but the other part was to build up their consistency, their R&D and their QA/QC procedures with the clear message being you can trust us, but the other guys? You want to promote the quality, consistency and reliability of your product, there's nothing better than a factory tour - all they want in exchange is your email address, which is really all Team Titleist is - an electronic mailing list.

It'll be interesting to see what other initiatives Titleist launches to protect their ball market share, but one thing we know, it won't be a permanent price reduction,

That makes perfect sense.

#10 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,513 posts
  • LocationDC Metro
  • Handicap:17

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

Just signed up - December 8th at 1 PM if any Boston area spies want to join!!

So are you going as John Babs or GolfSpy Barbs  :D

I was planning on a possible Spring signup in conjunction with visiting a buddy who lives up there for a round of golf. 

Dec is smack in the middle of my basketball season, but it be fun to go with you, I'm sure if anyone was going to put the hard questions to the tour guide, you'd be the one  :D

:titelist-small:917D3 9.5  Diamana 55g  stiff   :titelist-small:  917 F2 18*  Diamana Red 60g Stiff  :titelist-small: 816 H1 21* and 23* Diamana    :titelist-small: 718 AP1 4-7 iron DG AMT White Shaft, AP2  7-PW DG AMT White     :titelist-small: SM6 50.08, 54.08 and 58.12  :cameron-small: X7M   :titelist-small: ProV1X #17

#11 GolfSpy Barbajo

GolfSpy Barbajo

• Administrators
  • 6,430 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

So are you going as John Babs or GolfSpy Barbs  :D

I was planning on a possible Spring signup in conjunction with visiting a buddy who lives up there for a round of golf. 

Dec is smack in the middle of my basketball season, but it be fun to go with you, I'm sure if anyone was going to put the hard questions to the tour guide, you'd be the one  :D

Let me know when you come up in the Spring - always up for a round of golf in New England!  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

#12 STUDque

STUDque

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Handicap:10

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

I wonder if it's like the tour of the Hershey's plant where they give you chocolate at the end.🤣

Would definitely be worth the trip to leave with a sampler box.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag?

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 (Aldila Rogue Silver X)

Wood: Ping i25 (stock x-flex)

Irons: TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC (+.5" / up 2* / stiff / mid grip)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52,56,60

Putter: STX SS6

Cart: Cliqgear 3.5+ (walk almost every round)

#13 GolfJunkie302

GolfJunkie302

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Handicap:8.3

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:55 PM

I wonder if it's like the tour of the Hershey's plant where they give you chocolate at the end.🤣

Exactly what I was thinking!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#14 tommc23

tommc23

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationJim Thorpe, pa

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

Can't be that lucky but one could hope

#15 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,513 posts
  • LocationDC Metro
  • Handicap:17

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

I wonder if it's like the tour of the Hershey's plant where they give you chocolate at the end.

it looks like they are doing 4 tours a day twice a week.  so that'd be 48 sleeves or dozens of balls a week giving out, all the way through next year Based on the schedule online.  Not saying they can't afford it, but that's A LOT of balls  :D

:titelist-small:917D3 9.5  Diamana 55g  stiff   :titelist-small:  917 F2 18*  Diamana Red 60g Stiff  :titelist-small: 816 H1 21* and 23* Diamana    :titelist-small: 718 AP1 4-7 iron DG AMT White Shaft, AP2  7-PW DG AMT White     :titelist-small: SM6 50.08, 54.08 and 58.12  :cameron-small: X7M   :titelist-small: ProV1X #17

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Titleist, ProV1, Factory Tours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      14 Nov
    ddryan

Heading to Pinehurst tomorrow for a week- cant wait!!!

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      13 Nov
    Clublender

Hi. We are addicted to golf and rent high-end golf clubs (PXGs, Callaways, Titleists, and TaylorMades) on demand in the LA area. My Golf Spy looks like a great site and we look forward to interacting with other golfers on the site.

• Photo
      09 Nov
    golfovernight

he best players don't get overwhelmed with mechanical thoughts as they stand over the ball. They pick one feel-based thought and go with it. Steal one of these tour thoughts for some pre-swing clarity.

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors