TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist Offering Free Ball Factory Tours

GolfSpy Barbajo

Now this is interesting...

I suppose we could look at this a couple of different ways, but it appears to me Titleist is taking recent developments in the ball business - and how it has affected their business - somewhat seriously and are trying to get closer to their customers and firm up their brand loyalty. At least that's what it looks like, anyway. Your thoughts?

Titleist Ball Plant 3 Opens Its Doors For Manufacturing Tours 

‘Titleist Golf Ball Experience' Allows Team Titleist Members to Visit the Home of Pro V1 and Pro V1x 

• EDITORIAL IMAGES: www.titleist.com/mediacenter

FAIRHAVEN, Mass (Nov. 13, 2017) – Starting this month, Titleist is offering golfers the opportunity to visit the center of Titleist golf ball technology – Titleist Ball Plant 3 in New Bedford, Mass. â€“ and witness firsthand the making of the #1 ball in golf. 

For more than 80 years, Titleist golf balls have been designed and manufactured by Titleist associates in Titleist owned and operated golf ball manufacturing facilities on the south coast of Massachusetts. It is here where Titleist founder Phil Young introduced the first Titleist golf ball in 1935, driven by the core belief that by implementing a better process he could produce the best performing, most consistent and highest quality golf balls in the game. 

The “Titleist Golf Ball Experience” – open exclusively to members of Team Titleist, Titleist's community of brand loyalists and dedicated golfers – will provide a behind-the-scenes look at the manufacturing and quality control processes used in making Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x, the most played golf balls at every level of competitive golf and best-selling golf balls worldwide. 

Registration for the Titleist Golf Ball Experience is now open at www.titleist.com/TourBP3​​. 

“The history of Titleist is one of hardworking, passionate people dedicated to making the best golf balls in the world and helping golfers play their best,” said Mary Lou Bohn, President, Titleist Golf Balls. “At Ball Plant 3 alone, we have more than 450 associates with an average tenure of over 20 years ensuring that our precision manufacturing process delivers unmatched consistency from ball to ball. We're excited to take our most loyal brand fans behind the curtain and reinforce why they can trust their game to us on every shot.” 

TITLEIST GOLF BALL EXPERIENCE DETAILS: 

• Ball Plant 3 Tours will be conducted four times per day on Mondays and Fridays beginning Nov. 20. Tours are free of charge. 

• Team Titleist members can register for tours online at www.titleist.com/TourBP3​. 

• Golfers who wish to register for Team Titleist can do so by visiting www.titleist.com/TeamTitleist. 

• For more information and full tour details, visit www.titleist.com/TourBP3​.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Pretty cool if you are in the area. I like that they are produced in the USA. Do they have plants outside the US as well?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Saw this yesterday. Wish I lived closer because this seems pretty cool!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

And you have to be a member to go....why don't they let anyone go without having to join the band?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Money maybe? This is interesting that they are doing this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

And you have to be a member to go....why don't they let anyone go without having to join the band?

Well, think about it - joining Team Titleist gives them another name on their mailing list. Email blasts are VERY inexpensive marketing tools with varying degrees of effectiveness. Small price to pay for what could be a cool factory tour.

This will no doubt be one part of an overall marketing initiative to protect their ball market share.  It kind of fits with their strategy when our Kirkland test came out - part of it was discredit our test methods, but the other part was to build up their consistency, their R&D and their QA/QC procedures with the clear message being you can trust us, but the other guys? You want to promote the quality, consistency and reliability of your product, there's nothing better than a factory tour - all they want in exchange is your email address, which is really all Team Titleist is - an electronic mailing list. 

It'll be interesting to see what other initiatives Titleist launches to protect their ball market share, but one thing we know, it won't be a permanent price reduction,

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Just signed up - December 8th at 1 PM if any Boston area spies want to join!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Well, think about it - joining Team Titleist gives them another name on their mailing list. Email blasts are VERY inexpensive marketing tools with varying degrees of effectiveness. Small price to pay for what could be a cool factory tour.

This will no doubt be one part of an overall marketing initiative to protect their ball market share. It kind of fits with their strategy when our Kirkland test came out - part of it was discredit our test methods, but the other part was to build up their consistency, their R&D and their QA/QC procedures with the clear message being you can trust us, but the other guys? You want to promote the quality, consistency and reliability of your product, there's nothing better than a factory tour - all they want in exchange is your email address, which is really all Team Titleist is - an electronic mailing list.

It'll be interesting to see what other initiatives Titleist launches to protect their ball market share, but one thing we know, it won't be a permanent price reduction,

That makes perfect sense.

Just signed up - December 8th at 1 PM if any Boston area spies want to join!!

So are you going as John Babs or GolfSpy Barbs  :D

I was planning on a possible Spring signup in conjunction with visiting a buddy who lives up there for a round of golf. 

Dec is smack in the middle of my basketball season, but it be fun to go with you, I'm sure if anyone was going to put the hard questions to the tour guide, you'd be the one  :D

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So are you going as John Babs or GolfSpy Barbs  :D

I was planning on a possible Spring signup in conjunction with visiting a buddy who lives up there for a round of golf. 

Dec is smack in the middle of my basketball season, but it be fun to go with you, I'm sure if anyone was going to put the hard questions to the tour guide, you'd be the one  :D

Let me know when you come up in the Spring - always up for a round of golf in New England!  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I wonder if it's like the tour of the Hershey's plant where they give you chocolate at the end.🤣

Would definitely be worth the trip to leave with a sampler box.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I wonder if it's like the tour of the Hershey's plant where they give you chocolate at the end.🤣

Exactly what I was thinking!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Can't be that lucky but one could hope

I wonder if it's like the tour of the Hershey's plant where they give you chocolate at the end.

it looks like they are doing 4 tours a day twice a week.  so that'd be 48 sleeves or dozens of balls a week giving out, all the way through next year Based on the schedule online.  Not saying they can't afford it, but that's A LOT of balls  :D

Let me know when you come up in the Spring - always up for a round of golf in New England!  

Definiely will do, and I haven't 100% ruled out this December tour.  Flights are cheap, and if I wanted to be I could be back in time for Saturday nights game. Hmmmh?

Definiely will do, and I haven't 100% ruled out this December tour.  Flights are cheap, and if I wanted to be I could be back in time for Saturday nights game. Hmmmh?

Stroker Ace is already in for the 8th -- trying to get tvgolfer to go as well.  It could be epic...although I probably wouldn't use those words inside the hallowed halls...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I prefer going to a bourbon distillery and getting free samples...just saying.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Stroker Ace is already in for the 8th -- trying to get tvgolfer to go as well.  It could be epic...although I probably wouldn't use those words inside the hallowed halls...

LMAO!

Well if Stroker Ace is in, I need to try and get there, if nothing else maybe to sabotage his laptop as he and I might be headed for a Fantasy Football showdown!! 

What a fun time that would be, I need to look at the probability of this very quickly then since they are limited to 6 people.  

Interesting. I'd be interested to see what goes on and how they get made, although I'm not about to sign up to take a tour.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Interesting. I'd be interested to see what goes on and how they get made, although I'm not about to sign up to take a tour.

I got to tour the Bridgestone ball plant in GA about two months ago. I was blown away by how many steps there are to the process and how much quality goes into the production and then the inspection and testing of the balls before they leave the facility.

Really was impressive. I'm sure the Titleist one is even larger.

Well, think about it - joining Team Titleist gives them another name on their mailing list. Email blasts are VERY inexpensive marketing tools with varying degrees of effectiveness. 

And there's the rub...I'd like to see it but not by getting emailed constantly. So, it's a hard pass for me.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

And there's the rub...I'd like to see it but not by getting emailed constantly. So, it's a hard pass for me.

Don't you have or can't you set up a "contest/junk" etc email that you never really check, but can use for contest entries and thinngs like this. I know it might not be worth the effort, but it would avoid filling your email box with unwanted emails. 

I have one like that for such things (not Team Titleist, as I actually find their emails very informative and full of good content) but for other contests. 

I've got a gmail one that I use as a throwaway account, but I guess I'm somewhat lazy.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Seems like a cool idea but how many people are up in that area? Theres no way I could tell the fiancee that were going on vacation to a golf ball factory

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Seems like a cool idea but how many people are up in that area? Theres no way I could tell the fiancee that were going on vacation to a golf ball factory

Yeah, I'd get the same reaction if I tried to schedule it with the Fiance.   But, what about a spring golf trip with guys from the internet that you've never met.  Would she be on board with that  :D

Yeah, I'd get the same reaction if I tried to schedule it with the Fiance.   But, what about a spring golf trip with guys from the internet that you've never met.  Would she be on board with that  :D

Now there's a good sell! 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Archived