TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tyson Lamb Putters

BIG STU

What is the deal I read on MGS Twitter about Tyson Lamb contacting customers who buy and then sell his putter? Is all of that true? Just curious

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that. From what I can tell a MGS staffer posted a casual "anyone want this?" on IG and got flooded w offers. Tyson Lamb saw it and lost his sh*t. Bombs now being lobbed in all directions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I saw that. From what I can tell a MGS staffer posted a casual "anyone want this?" on IG and got flooded w offers. Tyson Lamb saw it and lost his sh*t. Bombs now being lobbed in all directions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Not sound business sense at all that is a good way to stop selling your product.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This was pretty childish by Tyson. I've heard some bad things previously but this is dumb. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Not a great business model, but I do believe he makes these by hand for the individual. It's kind of cool to have a 1 of 1 putter made just for you, if you can afford it. He didn't do it the right way, but I think that he's basically saying, “Don't waste my time buying a putter you want to sell. I'm making putters for guys who want them.”

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Not a great business model, but I do believe he makes these by hand for the individual. It's kind of cool to have a 1 of 1 putter made just for you, if you can afford it. He didn't do it the right way, but I think that he's basically saying, “Don't waste my time buying a putter you want to sell. I'm making putters for guys who want them.”

I'm sure anyone buying one of his putters isn't buying with the intention of flipping. What if they just can't sink putts with it? Is it a crime to sell it and move on?

In most cases, no one likes to see other people make money off of the work they do, without some kind of reciprocation. That said, calling them up and going about it the way he did was ass.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I have 1 of 1s from Mills, Nead, Grace and Scotty. They never told me I couldn't sell them after I bought them.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Tyson is full of himself, that's for sure

Awfully so for someone that has as many wins on any tour with his putters as I have tour wins.

To save in the math the answer to both is zero...

We all know I love putters and there is zero shot I would ever own anything from him based on what you read about him before this dust up.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Awfully so for someone that has as many wins on any tour with his putters as I have tour wins.

To save in the math the answer to both is zero...

We all know I love putters and there is zero shot I would ever own anything from him based on what you read about him before this dust up.

Agreed. Heck even the "good" story MGS did on him awhile ago turned me off of him pretty quickly. I'd imagine it's like if Donald Trump owned a putter company

I have 1 of 1s from Mills, Nead, Grace and Scotty. They never told me I couldn't sell them after I bought them.

Maybe they knew you still owned every putter you'd ever looked at?

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

IMG_0081.JPG

I stand with Tyson on this one.

Callaway Rouge ST Max Driver, Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Fairway, Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Hybrid, Tensei AV Blue 75 S

PXG 0311 XP G3 Irons 5-GW, True Temper Elevate Tour S

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Wedge 54º, 60º, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

I think the whole "cult of the craftsman" is so overrated.  Like Jmike said, how many wins with Lamb putters.

I know quite a few guys who have owned Lajosi putters. Sure they are beautiful looking putters, made with care and attention, but none of the guys who own them still use them, because they didn't work any better than any other putter they'd owned.

This runs to my thoughts on Scotty Cameron, Vokey etc. If Bob Vokey was the be all and end all of wedge design, surely he would have nailed the perfect wedge design years ago. Don't get me wrong, they're good wedges, but like any other club, are they better because they've got someones name on them?

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

attachicon.gifIMG_0081.JPG

So here's the real question: What are they supposed to do with the putters once the test is over?

I'd argue that there's more value to reselling the putter and letting another player enjoy the craftsmanship than keeping it on the wall for display. What customer X is willing to pay for the putter is besides the point.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

attachicon.gifIMG_0081.JPG

I don't.

I'm a Cabinetmaker. I've made quite a few pieces of furniture for people that really wanted what I do. They found that the pieces I did didn't really fit their style or didn't look how they thought they would, where they wanted to put it/them. They asked if I would be offended if they sold it/them to someone that wanted it/them. Hell no!

I got paid for my work..... what's the problem? For me.... I have no problem with it. My work is still out there!

I don't.

I'm a Cabinetmaker. I've made quite a few pieces of furniture for people that really wanted what I do. They found that the pieces I did didn't really fit their style or didn't look how they thought they would, where they wanted to put it/them. They asked if I would be offended if they sold it/them to someone that wanted it/them. Hell no!

I got paid for my work..... what's the problem? For me.... I have no problem with it. My work is still out there!

It's a little different in my opinion. How would you feel if someone contracted you to do cabinets for one of their jobs but upsold it? Why shouldn't you just do it at the price point they sold it for? People have tried to leverage our company to do work and skim off the top before, we turn those "opportunities" down - we're not street workers who will do the job so you can skim off the top, unless it's insanely lucrative. As someone who I look up to always says "everyone has a wh**e price."

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

It's a little different in my opinion. How would you feel if someone contracted you to do cabinets for one of their jobs but upsold it? Why shouldn't you just do it at the price point they sold it for? People have tried to leverage our company to do work and skim off the top before, we turn those "opportunities" down - we're not street workers who will do the job so you can skim off the top, unless it's insanely lucrative. As someone who I look up to always says "everyone has a wh**e price."

I've been in the whisk(e)y hobby for years. Flipping for a profit is standard practice..... even if I don't agree with it. Why should it be different for anything else? It's Capitalism at it's best..... sell the other guy's product at a profit. I made the money I wanted/asked for initially. Why should I care if someone sells my work for a profit if I got what I wanted to begin with?

So you don't want to buy some cabinets?

Probably stained already

Lol

BigTazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

So you sign up to do a review for MGS.  You get the product, do the review and knock it out the park.  Now I find out that after you have completed all obligations that you decide the product isn't a great fit for you and you'd like to sell it and move on.

Do you think I have any right to throw a hissy fit and start getting all my fellow golf spies to call you out and bash you all over the internet?  I don't think so

Grow up

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I really like MGS and I do hope that the message on instagram was not specifically intended to sell the piece but more as a light-hearted joke.  I don't think if I was given a piece for free, while working at a site that talks about industry ethics, without speaking with the giver/gifter before I tried to sell it.  

If the goal is to get rid of the piece and/or clutter, maybe put it up as an charity auction piece after speaking with giver.  Its all about optics at that point.  I digress.  

As far as buying a putter and then flipping it...I don't see an issue with that.  A person paid money for a piece and at that time its theirs to do as they see fit.  It is in the person's right but I also see the right of T.L. to say he doesn't like it.  If he wants to try and monitor the flippers...good luck!

Side note working in Sales/Marketing in regards to the back and forth on Twitter.  Its best not to continue to engage to prove a point.  The takeaway from 3rd parties is that it becomes petty and you lose more than you gain at that point.  Say what you want to say and leave it at that.  Referencing both T.L. and his mom as constant complainers publicly is not a good message by MGS.  Although I did chuckle at it so there is that.

Keep up the great work MGS, I am will be here for the long haul as long as you continue to work for the consumers.

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

Yeah this makes no sense, if I bought the putter you're opinion of me selling it on doesnt matter. The gifting scenario- I was not involved with any communication so won't comment on it.

In the end it's just a customized anser. For a guy with no putter head designs of his own, 2500 is over priced. Basically everything he has done is just a replay of someone else. The circle Texas logo looks like Scotty's tour only logo, as does the f bomb logo, scottys cherry bombs. And on and and on.

That's not to say people shouldn't buy them, but definitely wall hanging material

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

The putter is quoted by Lamb to have been used as “payment” for a job done. Instead of receiving cash, a person was paid via “barter”. It had a value equal to work performed. Done. Instead of cash, got an item. Sold it. Tyson Lamb needs to chill out and be thankful people pay stupid amounts of money for putters that are copies, and absent ANY significant technology!

Jack wagon.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

So you sign up to do a review for MGS. You get the product, do the review and knock it out the park. Now I find out that after you have completed all obligations that you decide the product isn't a great fit for you and you'd like to sell it and move on.

Do you think I have any right to throw a hissy fit and start getting all my fellow golf spies to call you out and bash you all over the internet? I don't think so

Grow up

I think this is exactly where my thought process is with this whole thing. MGS gives us stuff to test and there is no say what can be done after the test.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but, I don't see how TL could dictate what happens to a product once it's been sold or given away. Once he hands it over, he relinquishes ownership of said product.

He can piss and moan all he likes but it's not his any more. Even Ferrari doesn't have that practice FFS.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Archived