Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

College Basketball

PMookie

So has the Big Ten Commish destroyed any chance for the Big Ten in the NCAA Tournament. He decided that he wanted them to play at MSG, and in order to do that, they had to move the B1G tournament up by 1 week. So normally they play their championship game on Sunday then the Big dance starts on that Tuesday. The year it will be 11 days off with no games for some, and 12 games off for others. I think that is an absolute idiotic mistake to have these teams done playing and sitting around waiting. Especially the top teams. What I've experienced in he past is that teams that sit around play a little bit sluggish in the first game back. In some cases they will be playing conference winners from smaller conferences and they always play well in their first game of the tourney, come out flat and your going home. We shall see what happens, but i think this is a huge mistake on his part

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Beilein has his Wolverines peaking at the right time again. He out-coached Izzo again last night, and I'm a Spartan “homer”. Now State has, basically, two weeks before they play their first game in the NCAA tourney... Could be good for rest, and regrouping, could be too much time off. Middle Tennessee took them down with no rest, so who knows of this is good or bad.

My Mountaineers are a 5-seed in the Sun Belt tournament and I'd love to see a Cinderella Story there!

One thing I hate is when a regular season champ that dominated a league, goes through with 1 or 2 losses, and gets beat in the conference tournament to a team with a losing record and now the champ doesn't make the Big Dance. My opinion is, why even play an in-conference schedule??? It doesn't matter in getting a team a chance to play in the tournament that leads to a National title, so it's ridiculous. All REGULAR season champs should make the dance AUTOMATICALLY, then have at-large bids out there for tourney champs.

Anyway, should be a great few weeks coming-up!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Beilein has his Wolverines peaking at the right time again. He out-coached Izzo again last night, and I'm a Spartan “homer”. Now State has, basically, two weeks before they play their first game in the NCAA tourney... Could be good for rest, and regrouping, could be too much time off. Middle Tennessee took them down with no rest, so who knows of this is good or bad.

My Mountaineers are a 5-seed in the Sun Belt tournament and I'd love to see a Cinderella Story there!

One thing I hate is when a regular season champ that dominated a league, goes through with 1 or 2 losses, and gets beat in the conference tournament to a team with a losing record and now the champ doesn't make the Big Dance. My opinion is, why even play an in-conference schedule??? It doesn't matter in getting a team a chance to play in the tournament that leads to a National title, so it's ridiculous. All REGULAR season champs should make the dance AUTOMATICALLY, then have at-large bids out there for tourney champs.

Anyway, should be a great few weeks coming-up!!!!

Yeah, the smaller conferences have that happen a lot, they would be better off playing a really difficult schedule and then winning their tournament, than to go 28-2 and then Lose to a 13-17 team in the conf. Tourney, but hat why they play the games.

My boys, the MSU Spartans, have had some very close games as of late. Should help them have confidence later in the tournaments when the game is tight. Hoping they can put it to the Boilermakers this weekend!

My alma-mater App State isn't doing so hot in-conference. Hoping they'll make the Sun Belt tournament!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

State wanted to see Michigan in the B1G tournament. Well... they saw ‘em.

We'll see if 〽️ can get past Purdue today. 🤞🏼 Fingers crossed.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

State wanted to see Michigan in the B1G tournament. Well... they saw ‘em.

We'll see if 〽️ can get past Purdue today. 🤞🏼 Fingers crossed.

Yep. And I'm glad everyone else in the Big 10 has another chance to claim they won a “title”... Spartans: Big 10 Champs 2018.

Yeah, the smaller conferences have that happen a lot, they would be better off playing a really difficult schedule and then winning their tournament, than to go 28-2 and then Lose to a 13-17 team in the conf. Tourney, but hat why they play the games.

One of my good coaching friends is Bob McKillop at Davidson. They were UNDEFEATED, 16-0, in the regular season a couple years ago. Lost ONE game in their tourney and didn't get in the Dance. Another year, they had lost only one game during the season, lost in the conference tournament... No Dance. I think it's BS, as the only reason they even have the Conference tournaments is for $.

LOL!!!   It was Vtech by 1 point (61 to 60).   At least that's what my friend told me.

In all honesty, I believe UVA will be a tough out in the tournament.  Their length is a tremendous advantage much like UNC last season.  Length is hard to contain on a basketball court.

In terms of the state of college basketball in our state, a rising tide lifts all boats.  UVA is forcing VT to improve the basketball operations while VT is forcing UVA to do the same in football.  VT finally has the right man in Buzz Williams an I believe UVA finally has the right man in Bronco Mendenhall.

Well, this is it, ACC tournament time. Can SU get in the field? Gonna need at least 2 wins... and a potential meet up with UNC in the second round makes me uneasy.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Tough to watch the injury-depleted Oakland U guys go down to a SIX win Cleveland State team... Frustrating for the Seniors and coaches. Tough year, was a VERY good team!

Well, this is it, ACC tournament time. Can SU get in the field? Gonna need at least 2 wins... and a potential meet up with UNC in the second round makes me uneasy.

During my college tenure, every school in the ACC was below the Mason/Dixon line and were located in States actually on the Atlantic.   With the entry of Notre Dame, can some explain to me how Indiana became an Atlantic coast state.  Is New York now under water.  Not too bad for basketball, baseball or lacrosse, but it does mean there now are additional schools to clock us in football.  

During my college tenure, every school in the ACC was below the Mason/Dixon line and were located in States actually on the Atlantic. With the entry of Notre Dame, can some explain to me how Indiana became an Atlantic coast state. Is New York now under water. Not too bad for basketball, baseball or lacrosse, but it does mean there now are additional schools to clock us in football.

m

ND is still independent in Football, they just have a deal to play I think 5 ACC teams each year, and they rotate each year.

During my college tenure, every school in the ACC was below the Mason/Dixon line and were located in States actually on the Atlantic. With the entry of Notre Dame, can some explain to me how Indiana became an Atlantic coast state. Is New York now under water. Not too bad for basketball, baseball or lacrosse, but it does mean there now are additional schools to clock us in football.

ND basketball was at one time a member of the “BIG EAST”.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

We do realize that all of this is about the money.

My beloved Big East morphed because of money. UConn seems to be the one school left on the outside looking in because of money. UNC football and hoops hasn't received the death penalty because of money.

The whole thing may crash because of money.

Regardless I enjoy the games and am looking forward to the tournament

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Tough to watch the injury-depleted Oakland U guys go down to a SIX win Cleveland State team... Frustrating for the Seniors and coaches. Tough year, was a VERY good team!

Towson played them early in the season. They have beem a vety solid team the past several years. Was shocked by the Cleveland State result.

But thrilled to see my Wright State Raiders win the conference tournament and get its first bid since 2007.

And man are they stacked with Freshman. I judt hope they can hold onto Loudon Love, that he doesn't transfer to a larger school.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My beloved Big East morphed because of money. UConn seems to be the one school left on the outside looking in because of money. UNC football and hoops hasn't received the death penalty because of money.

I believe the FBI is going to turn the NCAA as we know it on it's ear.  The whole system will have to change as a result.  Their investigation will also bring other sports into the mix.  If basketball coaches are on wire-taps scheduling payments to players, you know football coaches are doing it too!  Golf isn't an exception, either.  Nor is golf exempted from monetary issues of ethics.  I have known a former top ranked junior personally who is now on the PGA Tour since he was in middle school.  I have seen the equipment companies falling all over themselves to give this kid whatever he wanted.  Whether it be something available for sale in any retailer or a prototype item not found in any store.  He always had the latest gear and apparel and never paid a nickel for any of it.  And wouldn't you know it, he signed a letter of intent to play collegiate golf for an SEC school sponsored by one of those equipment manufacturers.

I believe in the future, kids will be able to sign with agents in high school.  The agent will then be responsible for getting the kid the best deal possible, whether that be with a college program or professional team.  But if a kid chooses the college route, the kid will be contractually obligated for at least 3 years.  This methodology takes the responsibility away from the NCAA member schools and squarely places it with the agents and kids families.  At least something along those lines.

The term "amateur" has no business in the same sentence with athletics anymore!

As you know Rev we are on the same page concerning UCONN and the demise of the BIG EAST as we knew it. I have gotten away from watching the Tournament but do get interested around Sweet 16.

Rick

Left Hand, 

WOW!! UMBC!!

Thats all!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

And my beloved William and Mary Tribe remains one of the four D1 teams never to make the dance for yet another year. Just wait 'till next year!

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

There is a hunger to be found in most of the athletic programs. I agree with the idea of an agent. Just am worried what it would do to the mass group of athletes who will potentially be overlooked, or passed over a a result. Then the trickle effect it will have down through high schools, and so on.

sent from planet Nebulon

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

ROCK CHALK.

record breaking 14 straight league Championships , Big 12 tourney Champs againattachicon.gifJay.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We need a "dislike" button. ;)

I went to Mizzou for grad school.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

UCONN unceremoniously fired Kevin Ollie today. It's not like nobody saw it coming.

Wait until Geno retires.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I feel Sooo sad for you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

At least I was there for the Norm Stewart years when there was a very legit b-ball rivalry.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I'm cheering for Bob McKillop and the Davidson Wildcats today!!!

Watched a bit of UNC vs UVA last night... Offenses vs UVA need to involve a LOT of screening, and less one-on-one. With UVA's big sag and help D, one has to use more screening, or more dribble-drive-and-kick. They do a GREAT job of clogging the lane, as that's what “pack-line” D does. Hard to see them as the Champions, though.