TESTERS WANTED! ×

F8

therod

KING F8 TOUR LENGTH DRIVER

Inspired by Rickie Fowler's driver used on tour, the KING F8 Tour Length Driver features a shorter, 44.5” shaft, and is equipped with 16g and 6g weights (compared to 12g and 2g in the standard KING F8) to help golfers achieve straighter and more accurate drives down the fairway.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

KING F8 TOUR LENGTH DRIVER

Inspired by Rickie Fowler's driver used on tour, the KING F8 Tour Length Driver features a shorter, 44.5” shaft, and is equipped with 16g and 6g weights (compared to 12g and 2g in the standard KING F8) to help golfers achieve straighter and more accurate drives down the fairway.

... I ordered my F8 in Tour Length with an Even Flow Blue and as I said in my review, you can also order the F8+ at 44.5" with the heavier 16gm weight instead of the stock 12gm weight. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got to hit these yesterday and the G400 is getting a little nervous! The feel and sound are great.

I can't wait for my fitting at the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, Erik-M said:

Just picked one up, amazing long!! First eagle look!!

20190402_141903.jpg

20190402_142427.jpg

Just for the benefit of anyone reading this thread: Erik's a good friend of mine and my regular partner for our local course's men's league. He also plays a sport with which I am entirely unfamiliar, but one that is really fun to watch.

He dropped by the other day to do some SkyTrak work, and was showing off his new F8+. I've mentioned in other threads that we don't have ceiling room in the garage for driver shots, so it's cool to see that this club is working for him (if 340 yard drives count as "working").

Also: yes, our course is still snow-covered. He's temporarily working a few hours south of here, so he gets to play golf and I don't. And I'm pretending not to be jealous.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

MPR, you think Escanaba is clearing up quicker than us?

I’ll go play Sweetgrass tomorrow.

I would guess so, just because they got half the snow we did here, and there's a decent amount of grass beginning to show in our yard.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

• Guests

I got fitted for this driver 2 weeks ago and I am coming off playing the Wilson fg tour f5, which was a solid driver for me but it seemed to balloon up a little which didn't really bother me until I hit this driver.  The flight on the f8+is just the most perfect looking thing on the golf course. It is really good in the wind also.  I did notice that if I dialed it back that it tends to go a little left but that might also be a result of mt first round of the year. All in all I am now a cobra man.  I am contemplating looking at cobra irons!

Got fitted for an F8+ late last year.  After a number of rounds, it is a tremendous driver.  Last time out I hit a few shots either low or high-toe - they should not have gone anywhere...but ended up with better than expected distance. 

Like for like perfect hits, prolly not much difference among most of the tier1 drivers...but the forgiveness factor really really impressed me.  

I ordered my F8+ at 44.5" then replaced the 2g weight with an 8g weight to get swingweight back up.

I have an F9 on the way as well, more curious than anything else as to how it performs vs the F8+.  For my relatively low swing speed, I likely won't see much benefit - but we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

I realize the F9 is the new KING of SPEED for Cobra, but I got to hit my teammates F8 with the lighter HZRDUS Yellow (63g maybe?) 6.5 flex against my Ping G30 with the Tour 65 S shaft.

I was SHOCKED at how smooth the Yellow felt for me even in 6.5 flex vs the Ping.  I hit it on two holes and out drove my ping by 10-15 yards, and they were good hits too.  The set ups we're not exact, as my PING was lofted up a notch from the 10.5 and his was set on 9.5.  Surprisingly I hit them about equal heights, and the Cobra's flight was perfect to my eye.

On top of that the Cobra sounded and felt very powerful, while the Ping admittedly just kind of sounds loud.  

I might have to check out some F8's for sale... which is not something I was expecting.  But if that's the case mayyyybe I should swing the F9 too.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

I might have to check out some F8's for sale... which is not something I was expecting.  But if that's the case mayyyybe I should swing the F9 too.

... Having played 4 of the last 5 Cobra driver offerings, I highly recommend demoing the F9. Playing the Fly Z, I tried the F6 which I put in my bag for a month but went back to the FZ because I preferred the sound/feel . With it's weight back the performance was virtually identical. I did not care for the F7's look or sound/feel but finally "upgraded" to the F8 which I felt was just a little better than the FZ in almost every way. But for me and many others the F9 is a jump in performance. It is a little longer on center hits but quite a bit longer and more accurate with slight mishits. Feel/sound is the best I have played in a modern driver. That said, you may find little difference in performance between the F8 and F9, but I think you should at least hit them head to head before buying one or the other. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• 2 weeks later...

I’d love it if the 2019 Driver CG report would come out so I could compare the two. Haha

There is a PGA tour superstore that opened up near menu work. Might have to swing by on lunch one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 11:38 AM, chisag said:

... Having played 4 of the last 5 Cobra driver offerings, I highly recommend demoing the F9. Playing the Fly Z, I tried the F6 which I put in my bag for a month but went back to the FZ because I preferred the sound/feel . With it's weight back the performance was virtually identical. I did not care for the F7's look or sound/feel but finally "upgraded" to the F8 which I felt was just a little better than the FZ in almost every way. But for me and many others the F9 is a jump in performance. It is a little longer on center hits but quite a bit longer and more accurate with slight mishits. Feel/sound is the best I have played in a modern driver. That said, you may find little difference in performance between the F8 and F9, but I think you should at least hit them head to head before buying one or the other. 

Hit the F9 at the PGA Tour Superstore by me... WOW just wow... Going to go back and narrow down which is best for me head/shaft wise, but I will end up with some version of the F9 before the year is over...

Thanks for pushing me to go try it.

• 2 months later...

I love my new F8!

I've R11 irons and use(d) TaylorMade 3W and Driver previously, but reading about the tech and just looking at the pics (and the sale price!), I bought my F8 without even taking a practice swing.  My friends thought I was crazy (and one even commented on how he thought I was a TaylorMade guy), but man do I love this club.  I can't say my game has improved much since...but I think there are many other aspects to blame besides my driving.  I do feel my driving has improved.

I lowered the loft to 9.5, but have left the weights the same to establish a "semi-baseline".  I don't think I've a terrible slice, but my father does and I grew up golfing with him, so I think I've conditioned myself that having a slice is normal (it isn't).  That being said, I've had my share of slices on mishits and hope the weights can help mitigate those.  We shall see, still learning how to hit the thing, but it's a blast!

• 2 months later...

I was playing the Titleist TS 3 and I have gone back to the F8 driver with the 50 g Tensei Blue shaft for the fact that it is longer,straighter and more forgiving then any Titleist driver ever. 

In my opinion Cobra has made the best Drivers in the industry for the last 7 years as far as distance and forgiveness. The color options are quite nice as well. I will continue from this point on only play Cobra drivers until another manufacturer can produce something to change my mind. The only other driver I would put in my bag would be the original RBZ driver, all others are a fail in comparison.